Best 2010's Live Action Batman Actor

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Since I made this thread for Supes, I wanted to do a Batman one as well. Which live action actor played Bruce/Batman the best?

Bale's my top Batman, Affleck's my top Bruce Wayne.

It would make way more sense to title this with Bruce Wayne instead of Batman.

Bale
Affleck
Glen
Mazouz
Conroy

1. Bale
2. Mazouz
3. Conroy
4. Glen
5. Affleck

1. Bale
2. Mazouz
3. Conroy
4. Glen
5. Affleck
Come on Bats

Affleck was pretty damn good in BVS aside from the killing. He was iffy in JL. But I mean there’s no doubt that it goes Bale then Affleck

1. Affleck (BvS)
2. Bale (TDKR)
3. Affleck (JL)

That's it.

Come on Bats

Affleck was pretty damn good in BVS aside from the killing. He was iffy in JL. But I mean there’s no doubt that it goes Bale then Affleck

If you want to make your own rankings where Affleck is second, you go right ahead. For me, Affleck is last on this particular ranking, and there is no doubt about that.

Affleck in BvS is quite possibly the most overrated Batman performance in a live action film. Just as ultimately unremarkable as Val Kilmer was. And we don't even need to go into what he did in JL.

my top picks are
#1 christian bale
#2 ben Affleck
#3 David Mazouz
#4 kevin conry

Affleck is the best but his movies aren't very good. But at least he moves and fights like Batman, and looks the part.

Bale sounds like Cookie Monster and his fight scenes are embarrassingly bad (when the camera stops shaking long enough for you to see what's happening, anyway).

Mazouz sucks and so does Gotham.

Conroy is the dude but he gets like 2 minutes of screen time.

I'm not convinced Bale, Mazouz, and Conroy could beat up a seventh grader in a 3 on 1 fight. Part of being Batman is that intimidation factor. Nobody in any context could possibly be intimidated by David Mazouz.

Bale is my favorite Bruce Wayne and I voted him because of overall performance and quality of the films.

Affleck is second. Really Good, but I didnt think the take on the character or the overall quality of the films were good enough. On the other hand Snyders version was "on model" if you compare to that sh*t version Guggenheim gave Conroy.

Bale, easily. Affleck was out of his depth and his movies were garbage. Mazouz and Gotham are meh. I haven’t seen Crisis or Titans so I can’t really comment on the other two.

Ben Affleck (in Batman vs Superman not Justice League)

The main reason I prefer him to Christian Bale's performance(s) is quite simply because they were both equally good as Bruce Wayne, however IMO Affleck's Batman was far more convincing & closer to my own personal taste for how Batman should come across on screen.

EDIT - Everyone else who portrayed Bruce Wayne/Batman on screen I didn't really care for at all or saw so little of them it's hard to really like or dislike any of them.

Though I think the voice modulator is a bit of a cheat, I voted Affleck. I generally prefer a Batman who's a bit more morally dubious and in clear danger of going off the deep end.

I go with Bale as his performance in all of this three movies is fantastic (especially in TDKR as he was one of the highlights from the movie) and he never phoned it in. Affleck barely looked interested in Justice League (it's possible that his personal life was affecting his performance) and I'm not a fan of the cold blooded murderer Batman in BvS. Also Bale's Batman is arguably one of the most heroic and selfess incarnation.

Christian Bale. His Bruce Wayne and Batman was brilliantly haunting, and the progression the character went through all 3 films, culminating in TDKR was nothing short of fantastic.

I go with Bale as his performance in all of this three movies is fantastic (especially in TDKR as he was one of the highlights from the movie) and he never phoned it in. Affleck barely looked interested in Justice League (it's possible that his personal life was affecting his performance) and I'm not a fan of the cold blooded murderer Batman in BvS. Also Bale's Batman is arguably one of the most heroic and selfess incarnation.
Bale Batman is a murderer too. He drops at least half a dozen bodies in that trilogy. Same with Keaton Batman.

The only difference is, Affleck Batman is honest about it instead of killing people whilst simultaneously moralizing about not killing people.

The only difference is, Affleck Batman is honest about it instead of killing people whilst simultaneously moralizing about not killing people.
:funny: okay then. Affleck's Batman is way to0 cold and cruel for me, I don't really connect with him or find him relatable. But that's cool if you find something positive about this Batman and I wish I shared your viewpoints about that partcular intepretation but I don't.

:funny: okay then. Affleck's Batman is way to0 cold and cruel for me, I don't really connect with him or find him relatable. But that's cool if you find something positive about this Batman and I wish I shared your viewpoints about that partcular intepretation but I don't.

I'm not saying you're wrong for not liking the vicious interpretation of the character.

But the way you worded it doesn't quite make sense considering MOST live action Batmen have killed on screen.

I'm not saying you're wrong for not liking the vicious interpretation of the character.

But the way you worded it doesn't quite make sense considering MOST live action Batmen have killed on screen.
I never stated that the other interpretations of Batman have never killed before.

I never stated that the other interpretations of Batman have never killed before.
You mentioned his murder as a reason for not liking him. And Baleman and Keaton-Bats are every bit the murderer Affleck-Bats is. They're not as vicious about it, but killin' is killin'.

You mentioned his murder as a reason for not liking him. And Baleman and Keaton-Bats are every bit the murderer Affleck-Bats is. They're not as vicious about it, but killin' is killin'.
I said that I felt Affleck's Batman was more cold blooded about it. Okay, again it's my opinion which is something that you can't seem to grasp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"