Best actor working in comic films today?

Civilian
Reaction score
Rules: 1.your opinion on an actor doesn't have to be relegated to their performances in comic book films only. We're taking in their whole body of work.
2.actor has to have been in more than one comic book film. One-offs don't count.

Either Michael Fassbender or Michael Douglas.

HM's to Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen - but they're finished with X-Men, aren't they?

Last edited:
James McAvoy. Joaquin Pheonix. Downey.

I would say Patrick Stewart or Ian McKellen but I believe they are done with X-films.

I believe it's now a 3 way tie between

.Benedict Cumberbatch - Robert Downey jr and Michael Fassbender.

Best actress..... probably Scarlet Johansson or Anglea Basset.

I am only going to count people who are still "active", and have at least filmed 2 movies. I am also taking comic book to mean superhero films. This is also off the top of my head, so yeah. :funny:

1. James McAvoy
2. Amy Adams
3. Tom Hardy
4. Benicio Del Toro
5. Holly Hunter
6. Robin Wright
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Marisa Tomei
9. Chris Pine
10. Benedict Cumberbatch

Michael Douglas
Which one?

220px-Michael_Keaton_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg
230px-Michael_Douglas_Deauville_2013.jpg

Michael John Douglas - - - - - - - - - - - - Michael Kirk Douglas

:oldrazz:

Of the Chrises, Evans and Pine are insanely versatile. Definitely underutilized in regard to their current cbm roles.

James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Michael Keaton, Joaquin Phoenix, Amy Adams (wasted), Rachel McAdams (wasted), Lupita Nyong'o (wasted, I'm seeing a trend), Nicole Kidman (I can guess...), Michael B. Jordan, Jeremy Irons, and Tom Hardy. Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, Michael Shannon, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, and Ian McKellen could count, but they all seem retired from the genre.

I'd include Downey, but I'm on the fence, because he hasn't done anything truly great outside of the genre since 2008. He's got the talent, but he doesn't seem very interested in pushing his craft, or hasn't been for this decade.

Of the Chrises? Pine.

James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Michael Keaton, Joaquin Phoenix, Amy Adams (wasted), Rachel McAdams (wasted), Lupita Nyong'o (wasted, I'm seeing a trend), Nicole Kidman (I can guess...), Michael B. Jordan, Jeremy Irons, and Tom Hardy. Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, Michael Shannon, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, and Ian McKellen could count, but they all seem retired from the genre.
There are certainly some other names there I'd have picked if they'd been eligible. Which CBM has Phoenix already been in? And he'd still count wouldn't he, seeing he's now doing the Joker movie?

Last edited:
I'm going with Downey. He's been one of my favorites since the 90s. Thank god Marvel grabbed him. He's likable in everything he does.

I’m using this thread to remind people that Wonder Boys (which already sounds like some kind of superhero duo) exists and is very good and stars Hank Pym, Tony Stark and Peter Parker.

giphy.gif

I’m using this thread to remind people that Wonder Boys (which already sounds like some kind of superhero duo) exists and is very good and stars Hank Pym, Tony Stark and Peter Parker.

giphy.gif

And Rachel Dawes!

Also, the Flash/Green Arrow/Superman/Psimon/Reverse-Flash/Van Wayne if cartoons and cancelled TV shows count! (Alan Tudyk)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"