Best and Worst - CB Films Death Scenes

I'm narrowing mine down to worst death. That would be Superman in BvS. Superman is my favorite comic book character and yet I felt absolutely nothing when he died. Other than a touch of glee because I knew the movie would soon come to an end.

Yeah, you've got a good point there. By the time we got to Superman's death in B v S I was so numb from the 2 and a half hours of crap that came before that I barely cared - and I am a huge Superman fan, I wear a Superman belt buckle to work most days.

The funeral wasn't bad, but his actual death was very poorly done - it should have been most emotional moment of the film, but instead...

I'm narrowing mine down to worst death. That would be Superman in BvS. Superman is my favorite comic book character and yet I felt absolutely nothing when he died. Other than a touch of glee because I knew the movie would soon come to an end.

Yeah, you've got a good point there. By the time we got to Superman's death in B v S I was so numb from the 2 and a half hours of crap that came before that I barely cared - and I am a huge Superman fan, I wear a Superman belt buckle to work most days.

The funeral wasn't bad, but his actual death was very poorly done - it should have been most emotional moment of the film, but instead...
"The world needs you"
"You are my world"
*Basically commits suicide*

Guys, guys guys guys, what are you weary from? That death is so well done it almost made me cry......

That I did not care for Superman, or any of the set pieces on that chess board.

Pa Kent’s death in Man Of Steel is the best comic book death for me. For me, what’s sad about his death is not Clark not saving Paa Kent it’s sad because Paa Kent didn’t want to be saved, because he feared it would expose his son as a alien, which in turn would lead to him to being shunned and hated just for being different. Paa Kent felt humanity wouldn’t accept him. So he was even willing to accept death in order to keep his son’s true nature a secret. So in a way, what killed Paa Kent wasn’t the tornado but his fear of his son being feared — to be alienated. He, in his own mind, was protecting his son that he adopted from the stars from such a terrible fate. And I love how ambiguous Jonathan Kent is throughout the movie and I really feel his death cements the layered, and complicated nature of this version of the character as the best take on him that I’ve seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJ
"The world needs you"
"You are my world"
*Basically commits suicide*

Guys, guys guys guys, what are you weary from? That death is so well done it almost made me cry......

That I did not care for Superman, or any of the set pieces on that chess board.

It's tough to say who made me care less about Superman, Zach Snyder or Brian Singer, both of them managed to make my favourite super hero a lot less likeable than Captain America....who was my least favorite superhero until the Winter soldier came out.

I was reminded of another terrible death scene, mainly because everyone there showed no emotion when Krypton was blowing up.

Pa Kent’s death in Man Of Steel is the best comic book death for me. For me, what’s sad about his deal is not Clark not saving Paa Kent it’s sad because Paa Kent didn’t want to be saved, because he feared it would expose his son as a alien, which in turn would lead to him to being shunned and hated just for being different. Paa Kent felt humanity wouldn’t accept him. So he was even willing to accept death in order to keep his son’s true nature a secret. So in a way, what killed Paa Kent wasn’t the tornado but his fear of his son being feared — to be alienated. He, in his own mind, was protecting his son that he adopted from the stars from such a terrible fate. And I love how ambiguous Jonathan Kent is throughout the movie and I really feel his death cements the layered, and complicated nature of this version of the character as the best take on him that I’ve seen.

Indeed :o

Worst-

Pa Kent - Man of Steel
Bane and Talia - TDKR
Warriors 3 - Thor 3
Superman - BvS
Cyclops - X3

Worst-

Pa Kent - Man of Steel
Bane and Talia - TDKR
Warriors 3 - Thor 3
Superman - BvS
Cyclops - X3

Yeah, my only gripe about Ragnarok was the warriors three deaths - only Hogun got a decent exit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"