Best Animated Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'Wonder Woman World' started by Primal Slayer, Oct 30, 2014.

?

Favorite Animated Wonder Woman

1. Superfriends

2. DCAU Justice League

3. Brave and the Bold

4. JL: New Frontier

5. JL: Doom

6. JL: Crisis on 2 Earths

7. JL: Flashpoint Paradox

8. JL: War

9. Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

10. Wonder Woman Animated Movie

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Which Animated Wonder Woman was your favorite?

And on a side note (unless someone wants to do a seperate one?) Favorite WW design?

[​IMG]

2. flickchick85 Admin of Might

The Wonder Woman animated movie was basically the perfect template for a WW origin movie, imo, so it got my vote. What I'm hoping to see from this movie is something that takes the basic approach of that, and sprinkles in various elements from Azzarello's and Whedon's versions as well.

As for design, I've always been a fan of the battle skirt look.

3. JMLZ Registered

I liked her fighting moves during the Fury battle in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

4. Micromind New World New Rules

Bruce Timm's WW in Justice League.

Just watch JL's "Maid of honor" & "Savage Time"

5. batmanswife Registered

My favorite animated Wonder Woman is from Brave and the Bold.

6. ironman29758 Registered

No Young Justice love lol. I would have to say Crisis of Two Earth's or New Frontier Wonder Woman then

7. Salutations Registered

I liked how she was animated in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, because she really looked like a seasoned warrior in this film, but portrayal of her character was best shown in the Wonder Woman film.

#7 Salutations, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  8. Vchipp Registered

DCAU one as I am more familiar with her than the others

9. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

The Susan Eisenberg version from the Justice League cartoon.

The one from the animated movie is a little too harsh and tough compared to Eisenberg.

I'd like an animated movie with Gal's voice though.

I wonder if for any future WW animation they'll give her more of a foreign accent and do an imitation of Gal, just like Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes seemed to try to do an imitation of RDJ as Iron Man.

10. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I was wondering the exact same thing. Watching the animated movies now, Diana sounding so American suddenly feels wrong. I guess Gal is officially the definitive WW in my head now.

11. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I would love it if they incorporated an accent into future adaptions, especially if it isnt going to be voiced by Susan.

12. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I haven't watched the 2009 animated movie in a while. Does it still hold up now after the 2017 live action movie? I'm not so keen on Nathan Fillion, especially after having watched a whole series of him in Castle. Also does WW feel too American now? Is the story even that interesting or does it feel a bit outdated? Does WW even look a bit too fierce compared to Gal?

13. flickchick85 Admin of Might

The story's still good, imo, and I'd LOVE to see the Amazons take to battle in man's world in a sequel like they did in that film. But I definitely prefer our live-action counterparts over that film's (very good) voice cast.

14. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I think the 2009 film holds up very well against the live action film. I prefer the new take on Steve vs. the modern kind of womanizer version of the animated film. Etta was a huge upgrade vs. animated (I forgot how she just flirts with Steve and is used as an example of a woman pretending to be weak for the affections of a man).

The animated film does a better job dealing with The Amazons/Ares though. That whole story I would've liked to have seen adapted. Themiscrya was a lot more mythical

It was also directed by a woman and partially written by one as well which was great to remember

But it is how I would expect a modern day origin story to play out.

15. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I don't like the womaniser version of Steve Trevor. I don't think I liked the way Nathan Fillion played him either, and I'm bored of him anyway after 8 seasons of Castle. I think that's all I'd hear if I watched it now: Richard Castle interacting with Diana Prince. Hopefully that wouldn't be too distracting.

I definitely think we need a new one which is more in line with the movie. Or a new WW animated series.

16. Wonder89 Registered

Extremely disappointed no Wonder Woman animated show in the new DC stream service, there will be HQ but no Wonder Woman, they need to build the character for young viewers