Best Batman Game (Excluding Arkham Titles)

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
From 2009 to 2015 Rocksteady Studios gave us an epic trilogy of Batman games starting off with Arkham Asylum, the moving on to Arkham City and finally culminating in Arkham Knight.

Theses 3 games along with the criminally underrated Arkham Origins released by WB Games Montréal in 2013 became the benchmark in which all other Batman games were measured.

However their have been over a dozen other Batman games over the years and I am interested to see how which of the other games was your favourite?

Ill start us off, mine was Batman Begins I will list off why below.

1. First it was a tie in to (at that time) my favorite Batman movie ever
  2. It had multiple levels featuring the Batmobile (The trageting systems for both this and Arkham Knight were similar)
  3. Other Arkham similarities were the use of a hacking tool & moving around enemies while under grates
  4. Invoking Fear! One of this game's biggest strengths imo was the introduction of using fear to make your enemies so scared that they start acting erratically. This feature most of all gave this game a truly unique experience playing as Batman being the first time you could use fear on your opponents.

What's your pick?

Batman Begins is a good pick. It was the first game that made you "feel" like you were Batman. All the games before that were basically just fighting games... I remember checking websites constantly for news on a "The Dark Knight" game, which then was cancelled.. (but we got the great AA instead)

Having said that, I'll go with Batman Returns for the SNES. It's a simple beat 'm up like Double Dragon, but everything about it is great The graphics, controls, music, etc. You even get to drive the Batmobile. This was probably my all time favorite Batman game... until the first Arkham game showed up

Batman Begins was indeed the best until then for the reasons already explained. I remember how I beat this 4 times in a row, being that the last one I did it without dying. All with different suits.

I have the fondest memories of this game, but I'll also mention The Adventures of Batman & Robin. It was so much like the great cartoon it was based on in terms of visuals and also fun to play.

B89 NES.

It's better than the Arkham games.

I always liked that Batman 89 game for the snes.
It was so fun grabbing those fire spitting guys and slam them into windows or the wall.

To my shame i never had the chance to play batman begins, i somehow never found the time to look for it and buy it.
But i have seen walkthroughs and so, it was really extremely good.
For a video game, for a game about a comic book character and for a movie licensed game.

The Adventures of Batman and Robin from SNES & Genesis

Batman Vengeance

Batman Begins

And of course the Lego Batman series.

Batman Begins
Batman Returns SNES
Batman'89 NES
Batman Telltale
Batman Vengeance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"