Best CBM Hero of 2018

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
In your opinion, who was the best superhero of this years CBM's?

I'm voting for Thor. The way he was featured in Infinity War, it was such a great arc for the character and he was the bad ash of bad asses for 2018.

Thor
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
Ant-Man
Iron Man

Top 5 in that order, pre Aquaman.

I'm voting for Thor. The way he was featured in Infinity War, it was such a great arc for the character and he was the bad ash of bad asses for 2018.

His arrival in Wakanda was THE moment of 2018.

Definitely Thor. I don't love IW as much as others here do (although I do respect it for its technical achievements), but my boy Thor was just awesome in it, his plot line was the best by far. I definitely agree with his big entrance in Wakanda being the most fist-pumping CBM moment of the year.

For me personally, Aquaman, no questions, with the box office he will deliver and popularity (rightfully) given to a character (wrongfully) derided for years to rise from the waves (yeah, sue me :funny:) and give DCEU some lifeblood after being written off after JL, this I hope, brings about balance in the world.

Miles Morales, and its saying a lot because I don't really care for the comic book version of him. Amidst a jam packed film, Miles had the most fulfilling arc, most emotionally resonant, well paced growth, and the most heart.

Miles Morales, and its saying a lot because I don't really care for the comic book version of him. Amidst a jam packed film, Miles had the most fulfilling arc, most emotionally resonant, well paced growth, and the most heart.

Still have to see the Spider-verse, but everyone says it's fantastic.

Still have to see the Spider-verse, but everyone says it's fantastic.

At this rate, I would recommend going in with tempered expectations considering how highly people are speaking of it. Definitely don't want to overhype it - I just personally responded to it, but hope you enjoy it whenever you see it.

Miles Morales, and it's saying a lot because I don't really care for the comic book version of him. Amidst a jam packed film, Miles had the most fulfilling arc, most emotionally resonant, well paced growth, and the most heart.
Have to agree with this, ItSV really made me care about Miles, a character I've never been a huge fan of. His arc throughout the film was very satisfying to watch unfold, especially once he comes into his own.

With respect to Black Panther, it's my man Hemsworth all the way.

q5egfp6jwne11.jpg

I gave Peter B some love for the bad place of it.

But I challenge to fine a superhero scene as emotionally fulfilling as the Leap of Faith. Also took a comedic gag and turned it into a triumphic moment.

The right answer is Miles Morales.

If you put anything else, then you’ll just have to live with your wrongness.

But I challenge to fine a superhero scene as emotionally fulfilling as the Leap of Faith. Also took a comedic gag and turned it into a triumphic moment.

No question. It’s a sublime moment. Gave me chills, and genuinely brought me to the brink of tears. An absolute encapsulation of who Spider-man is ... whoever is under the mask.

The right answer is Miles Morales.

If you put anything else, then you’ll just have to live with your wrongness.
I'm happy living with mine in choosing Robin. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"