Civil War Best cinematic Spider-Man suit?

ASM was a lot better than this one by miles, the CW one it's a little to bright for me and it just looks bad and cheap they def should have kept the ASM one. This was not a good comic to movie adaptation for me.

Agreed. A lot of it comes down to what era you prefer. TASM2, and the Raimi suits have been the most comic accurate designs thus far. CW would but tied if it hadn't included the extra designs, and TASM1 is the farthest from the traditional comic design...but to be honest, none of them have been that far off. And one could even make a case that the extra design elements on both TASM1 and CW are very similar to design elements incorporated in Ben Reily's Spidey suit.

I really enjoyed TASM2 suit because I grew up on the early to mid 90's Spidey comics, so McFarlane and Bagely were the designs I favored, with the giant eyes. The CW suit is almost spot on late 60's early 70s Romita, and it's a nice breath of fresh air. They honestly all have their merits.

This. In an era where superhero movie suits can turn out incredibly atrocious (see: The Dark Knight/Rises), Spidey fans lucked out, big time.

Nitpicking the costumes are so dumb and it's something I came to terms with before 2002 spidey was released.

ASM2 imo is the best cinematic spidey costume but no one really cares because the film largely sucked and that's what people walk away with and remember.

The CW costume recalls Ditko, Romita Sr and Alex Ross with slight deviations that dont adversely compromise the traditional look while uniquely standing out from the other cinematic interpretations. I'm delighted with this wonderful new look we have.

ps. The silver soles of the ASM costume looked terrible.

This. In an era where superhero movie suits can turn out incredibly atrocious (see: The Dark Knight/Rises), Spidey fans lucked out, big time.

Yup. And to be fair, we're leaving out a pretty big element when we discuss these designs: how they look in action. I was NOT a fan of TDK/R suit when it was first revealed. I thought it looked overdesigned and busy for no reason. But...it moved well in action. By far the best Batsuit in terms of how it moved. So that's something to keep in mind.

TASM1 was probably my least favorite design but in action it did look good. We can't really compare the CW suit on that front yet, because we haven't seen it in action enough yet.

Yup. And to be fair, we're leaving out a pretty big element when we discuss these designs: how they look in action. I was NOT a fan of TDK/R suit when it was first revealed. I thought it looked overdesigned and busy for no reason. But...it moved well in action. By far the best Batsuit in terms of how it moved. So that's something to keep in mind.
I'll grant it looked better in action than in stills, but the awful cowl/neck, the cluttered chest piece... nothing really worked for me. It was like bat-themed SWAT gear, and ugly looking at that.
So far, the BvS suit has them all easily beat. That's a thing of beauty.
TASM1 was probably my least favorite design but in action it did look good. We can't really compare the CW suit on that front yet, because we haven't seen it in action enough yet.
The ASM1 suit looks MUCH better in action than in the BTS pics that were leaked early during shooting.

I'll grant it looked better in action than in stills, but the awful cowl/neck, the cluttered chest piece... nothing really worked for me. It was like bat-themed SWAT gear, and ugly looking at that.
So far, the BvS suit has them all easily beat. That's a thing of beauty.

The ASM1 suit looks MUCH better in action than in the BTS pics that were leaked early during shooting.

Oh I agree, I still don't like the design, but I had to admit that it moved the best out of all the batsuits. The most annoying thing about it was that if Nolan had just kept the chest piece darker, the same size as the BB one, and then kept the rest of the bodysuit a lighter gray, even with all those annoying jigsaw pieces it would have looked much more uniform and sleek. But I agree, BvS is the best suit thus far.

ASM1 was a very similar case. The BTS shots of it looked rough, but it looked much better in action. With this suit, we just need to see more of it.

Some people don't like the CW suit because it's too comicbooky. Yet it's the main appeal I see in it. Different strokes I guess.

My least favorite suit is the black one from SM3.

Some people don't like the CW suit because it's too comicbooky. Yet it's the main appeal I see in it. Different strokes I guess.

Too comicbooky? I mean, it's not like any of the SM suits have been non-comicbooky. I think anyone using that as a critique is being a little silly. I agree on SM3's black suit though. That was just rather...uninspired.

Yea that's why I don't like it. Once I see it more in action i may feel differently. I do love the voice though and how it seems to have him staying true to his comic self.

Last edited:
The way I see it, the Raimi costume came from a time where it wasn't common to have a comic-accurate CBM costume and so the design was adapted from the comics, and beautifully at that. That's where the the raised webbing/symbols, sleek lenses contrived from.

TASM1 basically needed to revamp imprint the iconic design the Raimi suit had on the general public, but not stray too far from the traditional design, and plus fit into the dark and gritty era of CBMs that Nolan had established. That's where I think the blue gloves, elongeted spider, silver soles, lenses etc. I love this suit because it tried to do something a little different.

TASM2 was more of the result of Avengers success, and TASM1 complaints, so they basically took Raimi's suit and elongeted the torso and changed the shape of the lenses. Made it look like what people were use to seeing again.

MCU is basically Marvel taking the Ditko/Romita era and ripping it out of the comics, and adding an MCU twist to it. It's very different from Raimi but still classic. It's perfect in every way imo.

Best suit is Raimi's (SM2 in particular).

Second is MCU. (Love the design but it is a tad too....CG-ish for my tastes)

Third is ASM2 (Nice and all, but the movie is so awful that I can't call it the best lol. Also, I prefer small eyes on Spidey.)

And ASM1's is just ****.

I voted for Raimi's but it's only slightly above the MCU version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"