Best Comic Book Movie of 2018

Being a MCU shill, I was forced to choose Infinity War. However, out-of-date signature notwithstanding, Spider-verse was very close.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
Aquaman
Venom
Ant-Man and the Wasp

Haven't seen the others.

Enjoyed all of these, but...

Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse
Black Panther/Avengers Infinity War
Deadpool 2
Ant-Man and the Wasp

Going to update after seeing Aquaman and Venom.

Avengers: Infinity War
Teen Titians Go! To the Movies
Ant-Man and The Wasp
Deadpool 2
Venom
Black Panther
Aquaman.

Last edited:
As this is comic book movies, and thus does not including the Incredibles 2 (which would be my #1), I'd go...

tumblr_pfzweytJea1w60m4do1_540.gif

5dpvQb6.gif

tumblr_pk2egvRD3v1r8177lo7_r1_540.gif

tumblr_piwyujAdBz1qgpaguo4_540.gif

tumblr_pcykcmJMYc1rpzbdgo3_r2_540.gif

tumblr_p84eu4L4NQ1rjjr2to5_r1_540.gif

tumblr_p82qeu0lfh1vi7m2lo3_540.gif

tumblr_pixan2uOLy1sc0ffqo1_540.gif

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and it isn't even close. That movie is magic and nearly perfect. Brilliant writing, beautiful and groundbreaking animation, and perfect vocal casting. It is a gorgeous film that reinvents this genre and kind of exposes how creative you can still be with Marvel properties (ahem) while giving us easily the best version of Peter Parker we've ever seen in a movie and doing a superb job of introducing the world to Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen (both of whom I like better here than their comic book alternatives). It is also a wildly entertaining movie.

The rest:

2. Black Panther (9/10)
3. Deadpool 2 (8/10)
4. Avengers: Infinity War (6.5/10)
5. Aquaman (5.5/10)
6. Ant-Man and the Wasp (5/10)
7. Venom (4/10)
This is so, so, so true. I have always been iffy about them overall, but here I fell in love with them. I want to see this version of the characters for years to come.

Only saw 3 CBMs this year.

1) Aquaman
2) Avengers Infinity War
3) Black Panther

In terms of objective quality Infinity War was the best but this is how I’d rate them in terms of pure enjoyment.

Black Panther
Avengers Infinity War
Deadpool 2
Aquaman
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Venom

1. Avengers: Infinity War
  2. Aquaman
  3. Black Panther
  4. Deadpool 2
  5. Venom
  6. Ant-Man and the Wasp

1. Avengers: Infinity War
2. Black Panther
3. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
4. Deadpool 2
5. Aquaman
6. Ant-Man and the Wasp
(big gap)
7. Venom

Finally saw the Spider-verse. I really enjoyed it. On my modified list I'd put it above Aquaman, but below IW and BP. It will be interesting to see if ITSV unseats Incredibles 2 at the Oscars the way it did at the golden globes. I wasn't a huge fan of the stop motion style jerky animation, but from an artistic standpoint it looked great.

1. Avengers Infinity War
2. Detective Conan : Zero Enforcer (this based on manga, which is technically a comic book so I hope it counts here :))
3. Black Panther
4. Deadpool 2
4. Dragon Ball Super: Broly
5. Venom
6. Ant-Man and the Wasp
7. Bleach Live Action

Honorable Mention: Masked Rider Build: Be The One
(I kinda hesitate to put it on the list, because although it is a superhero genre, but it is not based on comic book, nevertheless if I have to put it on the rank, It will be number 3)

Havent seen Aquaman and Spider-Verse yet...so, can not rank them yet.

Last edited:
1) Venom
2) Deadpool 2
3) Antman and the wasp
4) Avengers IW
5) Black Panther
6) Spider-verse
7) Aquaman

Voted Black Panther, but I consider Avengers: Infinity War part one in a two-parter rather than an individual movie. Anyhow, here's my ranking of the ones I've seen:

#1- Black Panther
#2- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
#3- Deadpool 2
#4- Aquaman
#5- Ant-Man and the Wasp (and right below, for my ranking of '18 superhero movies in general, Incredibles 2)

#6- Venom

Saw into the Spider-verse today and frickken loved it and DP 2 about a week ago so making my way through these, albeit, slowly.

. . .huh, wow. I didn't expect this to be a tough one, but then Into The Spiderverse came out. I legitimately can't choose between that and Infinity War. They are contextually so different that its like comparing apples and sonnets.

For me, Spider-verse was easily better than A:IW but Aquaman still tops my choice out of all.

For me its honestly a close tie between Infinity War and Aquaman, but I give Infinity War the slight edge.

The best one is Batman: Gotham By Gaslight.

Batman: Ninja is much better than I felt about it the first time, but I still have no love for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"