Best depiction of the Wayne's' death

I have yet to see a bad rendition of the Wayne murder. They're all great!

IDK. The Gotham series take is meh.

I should've mentioned that I was talking about the big screen versions. I don't really remember how Gotham did it.

Teen Titans GO to the Movies. No contest at all, and I'm really surprised that wasnt said. I'm guessing OP didnt include it for being the obvious take.

0z7JVut.gif

The one thing I will say for the version in Joker is that someone finally gave a plausible reason why an ultra-wealthy couple would wander down a seedy, obvious murder-bait alleyway in the first place.

That's always bothered me, and even though he has a reason in this movie, I still don't know how someone that powerful is traveling without security. Especially in this more grounded version where he's somewhat of prick who's helping to incite a class war, you'd think he'd have Alfred or somebody on hand with a weapon or two. Don't even get me started on Sophie leaving her door unlocked in that Gotham....

Last edited:
Batman 1989 for the atmosphere and haunting quality that Burton brought to it.

Batman Begins for the harrowing immediacy of the event.

It's still Burton's neo-noirish version for me, too. It's remembered by Bruce so nightmarish, hauntingly eerie.

In Comics Interview #77 (1990) DC writer Jack C. Harris asked, "Was the other man in the alley on the night the Wayne's murder suppose to be Joe Chill?" Producer Michael Uslan explained, "Yes. In fact you'll recall that it was Chill who grabbed Bruce's mother's necklace." Michael Uslan also explained, "In fact, and you'll have to check this with Bob Kane, I think he [Bob Kane] said that if the Joker had been created earlier [in 1939, instead of in 1940], he would have been the Wayne's killer in the comics, as well."
www.1989batman.com/2013/06/vintage-magazine-article-comics.html

Batman Forever was trash, but THAT scene where the Waynes are killed is amazing.

Still Batman Begins for me for the same reasons mentioned previously, definitely the most haunting of the depictions so far.

Batman Begins. I just loved how abrupt the murder was and it felt like I was witnessing a real life robbery/murder.

Went with Batman Begins. I think the actual gunshot part was a little too quick but it's still the best depiction for me, because of the emotion involved and we really get to know Thomas and young Bruce. Batman '89 would be my second favorite; I like the dreamlike feel of the whole sequence and that dude REALLY looked like a young Jack Nicholson. Joker's version was cool too; I liked the twist on it. BvS was okay I guess but if I remember right you had Affleck's stupid "beautiful lie" monologue over part of it and then that dumb dream sequence of young Bruce flying out of the batcave. I don't even remember whether it was good or not in Batman Forever and I doubt I'm ever going to revisit that movie again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"