Best dialogue scenes and/or films with great dialogue

Alec Balwin's Oscar winning Glengarry Glen Ross speech.

Ben Affleck's Boiler Room room speech.

Almost everything from Fight Club.

Kenneth Branagh's Henry V St Cripsin Day Speech.

Most of Guy Ritchie's Gangster flick dialogue (Snatch, Lock Stock and Rock n'Rolla)

Marisa Tomei on trial in My Cousin Vinny (one of the few times I agree with the oscar wins)

I love the speech Bill Pullman gives as President of the United States in Independence Day.

And Dr Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) Grant (Sam Niell) and the rest of the gang's dialogue at the dinner before the kids arrive in Jurassic Park (Just about everything Jeff Goldblum says in this is gold.)

Charles and Erik playing Chess in First Class. That scene could have even been a lot longer. I just enjoyed watching these guys talking together.

Marisa Tomei on trial in My Cousin Vinny (one of the few times I agree with the oscar wins)

I love the speech Bill Pullman gives as President of the United States in Independence Day.

And Dr Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) Grant (Sam Niell) and the rest of the gang's dialogue at the dinner before the kids arrive in Jurassic Park (Just about everything Jeff Goldblum says in this is gold.)

agreed, I absolutely love this movie.

Jason Reitman's films also tend to have very sharp and enjoyable dialogue. Thank You For Smoking and Up In The Air are very rewatchable and are always an absolute blast.

The Joker's dialogue in the interrogation room and the hospital in The Dark Knight.

Most of Bane's dialogue in the first fight scene in The Dark Knight Rises, especially about being born in the darkness.

Quint's Indianapolis speech in Jaws.

Claudius' (Derek Jacobi) confession in the confession box in Branagh's Hamlet.

Will's rant about why he won't take the Defense job in Good Will Hunting.

Joe Pesci's rant about drive-thrus in Lethal Weapon 2.

Roy Batty's dying monlogue in Blade Runner.

Most of Hans Landa's dialogue in Inglourious Basterds.

Ra's Al Ghul's talking about his wife and loss in Batman Begins.

Last edited:
Do u expect me to talk?

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!

All About Eve. Hard to pick one scene, but maybe Addison DeWitt telling Eve at the end not to take him for a fool, or Margo telling Addison she thought she's crossed him off the guest list.

Pulp Fiction, the royale with cheese scene, or the "walk the earth" scene, or the opening with Tim Roth and Amanda Plummer.

The Third Man, the swiss watch scene.

The Thin Red Line, "nature's cruel" exchange.

The Thin Man series, too many examples to list

The Big Sleep, Bogart and the sexy bookstore clerk, Bogart and Bacall's horse race exchange, Bogart and Bacall's first meeting. Bogart and the old man's exchange about orchids.

The balcony scene in Zeffirelli's version of Romeo and Juliet. The morning after scene in the same film.

Citizen Kane, Joseph Cotten at the rest home telling the reporter the only thing Kane ever really wanted.

Last edited:
Some moments that come to mind:

In Bruges

[YT]zsem2M_eCxw[/YT]

Donnie Darko

[YT]qACNqaEkHmE[/YT]

Pulp Fiction

[YT]YujYTVQ4_S0[/YT]

Resevoir Dogs

[YT]Z-qV9wVGb38[/YT]

Annie Hall

[YT]DE3OYSVpycY&feature=related[/YT]

American Beauty

[YT]PBcLvJdrbro[/YT]

American Psycho

[YT]cISYzA36-ZY[/YT]

Dogma

[YT]ce9IvqfnYg4&feature=related[/YT]

Last edited:
The Indianapolis Speech - Jaws

Yes, agree here. It especially hits home because my grandfather was part of the Navy, and would talk about the people that would survive ships going down, to only become victims to sharks.

I forgot the speech Gomez gives in the police station in Addams Family Values. One of the few times where he's not happy.

I forgot the speech Gomez gives in the police station in Addams Family Values. One of the few times where he's not happy.
that scene was indeed glorious, god I miss Raoul Julia.
[YT]jQ7RB3fQAA0[/YT]

Chuck Noland's ending monologue about surviving in Cast Away.

Michael and Fredo in the boathouse in Godfather II.

Bob and Charlotte talking about getting old in Lost in Translation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"