The Walking Dead Best Iteration of the Group

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
On TWD, characters come and go like clockwork. One minute, you're alive and well. The next, your own stupidity or uselessness gets the better of you and you end up in the ground (RIP Andrea).

Which collection of characters in the overall group is your favorite?

Original Crew - Rick, Shane, Lori, Carl, Glenn, Dale, Andrea, Amy, T-Dog, Carol, Ed, Sophia, Morales, Jim, Jacqui, Daryl
CDC Group - Rick, Shane, Lori, Carl, Glenn, Dale, Andrea, T-Dog, Carol, Sophia, Jacqui, Daryl, Jenner
Farm Group - Rick, Shane, Lori, Carl, Glenn, Dale, Andrea, T-Dog, Carol, Daryl, Hershel, Maggie, Beth, Otis's wife, other kid
Prison Group - Rick, Lori, Carl, Glenn, T-Dog, Carol, Daryl, Hershel, Maggie, Beth
Prison Group: The Sequel - Rick, Carl, Glenn, Carol, Daryl, Hershel, Maggie, Beth, Judith, Axel, Oscar
Prison Group: Part III - Rick, Carl, Glenn, Carol, Daryl, Hershel, Maggie, Beth, Judith, Michonne, Merle
Prison Group: Part IV: A New Hope - Rick, Carl, Glenn, Carol, Daryl, Hershel, Maggie, Beth, Judith, Michonne, Tyreese, Sasha, Bob, Lizzie, Mika
Isolated Groups - Rick/Carl/Michonne, Daryl/Beth, Maggie/Sasha/Bob, Carol/Tyreese/Lizzie/Mika/Judith, Glenn/Tara/Abraham/Eugene/Rosita
"They Don't Know Who They're Messing With" Group - Rick, Carl, Glenn, Daryl, Maggie, Michonne, Sasha, Bob, Tara, Abraham, Eugene, Rosita

"They Don't Know Who They're Messing With" Group seems promising, but I'm partial to Prison Group: Part III. They were ragtag as ****, and with Merle in the mix? Hells yeah. :up:

Prison Group: Part III - Rick, Carl, Glenn, Carol, Daryl, Hershel, Maggie, Beth, Judith, Michonne, Merle.

That gets my vote. No Shane or Andrea to get on my nerves. I would have loved Merle to become a regular member of the group. Michonne was the best addition to the group since Daryl. I'm hoping the current group which now has Abraham and Co. will be the best one yet.

I think the "Messing with" group is going to edge out everyone else. Rick is back, he's got Abraham and a seasoned Carl in his mix with Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Daryl and the rest. Most of them accept they must do some horrible things to survive in this world and they do them.

Not to mention that Carol is on her way. When she gets there, it's gonna be like "Awww s***."

Not to mention that Carol is on her way. When she gets there, it's gonna be like "Awww s***."

Hah, the running joke right now is that Tyreese and Carol will save the day. Tyreese with his hammer and Carol telling the people of Terminus to look at the flowers :woot:

The locked up at Terminus group is arguably the strongest. It could get even stronger if Carol and Tyrese arrive. My vote goes to that one. :up: I think Eugene is the only useless one. But he has an awesome mullet so I'll let that pass.

Hah, the running joke right now is that Tyreese and Carol will save the day. Tyreese with his hammer and Carol telling the people of Terminus to look at the flowers :woot:

Where's the option where Judith saves all of them using her ~magical powers~.

She's gonna show up like Banner in The Avengers.

If this group had Andrea in it then it'd be perfect. Oh, TV Walking Dead, why couldn't you keep Andrea alive and have her more like her comic counterpart? Comic Andrea is a colossal badass! Comic Andrea would've been out of that damned chair inside of five minutes and spiked Milton in the head while he was still alive instead of wasting a full hour and giving him time to slowly die, go into rigor, and then reanimate, like TV Andrea. :( Andrea's portrayal has been the biggest disappointment for me, especially since Laurie Holden is awesome. She just needed better material to work with, and she certainly deserved better than to have her character handed the Idiot Ball before being killed off.

Well, the best group has to be one with Herschel in it, but it has to be after Andrea's gone. So that puts me at III and IV. Of the two I'm going with III. Basically, I like Merle. I like the others that joined in IV, but Tyrese isn't as cool as I was hoping he'd be, and the cast overall just bloated up.

So yeah, definitely III.

I wish I could edit the poll to include...

The Real "They Don't Know Who They're Messing With" Group - Carol alone
"Lets Just Hang Out In This Church And Pretend Cannibals Aren't On Our Asses" Group - Rick, Carl, Glenn, Carol, Daryl, Maggie, Judith, Michonne, Tyreese, Sasha, Bob, Tara, Abraham, Eugene, Rosita, Gabriel
"YAAAS MURDER PARTY!!!" Group - Rick, Michonne, Sasha, Abraham
"I'm not a scientist!" Group - Glenn, Maggie, Tara, Abraham, Eugene, Rosita
"Lets Storm A F***ing Hospital" Group - Rick, Daryl, Tyreese, Sasha, Noah
"Beth's dead and, oh look, so is Tyreese" Group - Rick, Carl, Glenn, Carol, Daryl, Maggie, Judith, Michonne, Sasha, Tara, Abraham, Eugene, Rosita, Gabriel, Noah

I'm actually going to go with the isolated groups in the second half of Season 4. It allowed for character exploration on a level that the show had never done before and never done since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"