Best Martial Arts Star

Bruce Lee in every department, he was a good actor too.

You guys better go back and read my post about Sonny Chiba, anyone that truly knows can tell you that you can't just brush this guy aside! As I posted, no one, absolutely no one had done what this man did.

This guy is hard core, he doesn't play!

When you face Sonny Chiba, be prepared to die! The man is a master in about six different disciplines. He's a serious, serious, bad_ _ _!!

If Lee had lived he would be the biggest star in the world. He was already on his way. He was also the best martial artist. He is still probably the most acomplished. Imagine how talented he would be now if had lived? All that have come after him owe him thanks. Without Bruce...I doubt things would be the same.

Jackie Chan!

I love Bruce Lee...he's always been my favorite martial artist PERIOD....

...but in terms of acting and sheer entertainment, it's hands down Jackie Chan. that man has done SOOO many great fight sequences and stunts. Bruce Lee was at a disadvantage because he was one of the first to figure out what works on screen as far as fighting is concerned, so Jackie Chan ran with the ball and developed some of the best fight scenes you'll ever see. if you go back and ask martial arts movie fans what their top 3 favorite fight scenes were.....it's almost gauranteed at LEAST 1 will be from a Jackie Chan movie. not everyone will list a Bruce Lee, Jet Li, or Sonny Chiba fight scene in their top 3.

so Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Sonny Chiba....ya'll get your props for the great stuff you guys did, but i have to give it to Jackie Chan.

he's a hell of a lot funnier than the other guys too...

Before Lee died he had planned to do some work with Sonny Chiba. As far as acting goes Chiba has more than enough chops, his filmography is long. His Japan Action Club produced many movies.

In Japan he's like a legend!

The best martial arts star is the one with the best martials arts movie. So it's obviously Jet Li for Fist Of Legend.

fist of legend was amazing..and i'm still trying to get myself a subtitled uncut version of it...but instead have to settle with the (so i hear, badly) butchered u.s. dubbed version..i hate dubs...

jet li - once upon a time in china = my favourite martial arts movie ever!!!

all on the list are great though....i do agree that this list never should have been made w/o sonny chiba on it, and am shocked at all the people posting that have no clue who he is....sad.

Bruce Lee is obviously the Best Martial Artist. Best Martiall Arts Star? Umm, Idunno fer sure.

Jackie Chan is the better star. Bruce Lee was the better martial artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"