Best mel brooks movie

Without any question at all it is THE PRODUCERS (the single funniest movie ever made BTW).

Out of his lampoon movies, the answer is YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN followed by BLAZING SADDLES.

For the record, SPACEBALLS is not a very good movie.

reggiebar said:
Without any question at all it is THE PRODUCERS (the single funniest movie ever made BTW).

Out of his lampoon movies, the answer is YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN followed by BLAZING SADDLES.

For the record, SPACEBALLS is not a very good movie.

Opinions.

Darthphere said:
Opinions.

Of course. However, if anyone thinks that SPACEBALLS is a better movie than YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN they know squat about film.

reggiebar said:
Of course. However, if anyone thinks that SPACEBALLS is a better movie than YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN they no squat about film.

Opinion.

I'm really really hoping his Get Smart remake with Steve Carrell is his next good one

Darthphere said:
No, on this one there is no debate - YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is afar superior movie to SPACEBALLS in every way possible.

reggiebar said:
No, on this one there is no debate - YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is afar superior movie to SPACEBALLS in every way possible.

Opinion.

Super_Ludacris said:
I'm really really hoping his Get Smart remake with Steve Carrell is his next good one

He's doing Get Smart? :up::eek:

Go Mel:supes:

I think I've only seen Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs and Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Of those Robin Hood is definitly my favorite.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I did some fact-checking and you are correct.

Nope, just because the majority think it, doesnt it make it true. The majority of America thought Bush deserved a second term...

blazing saddles IS better than spaceballs although i do like spaceballs better because of the references are more appealing.

they both hold a place on my shelf but my vote goes to saddles

Hands down, Blazing Saddles, then Young Frankenstien.

I like SpaceBalls, but I dont' love it.

WIth both Spaceballs and Robin Hood, Brooks abbandon his style from the 70s: Long takes (no intercuts/edits) with no music and the actors doing their thing.

Robin Hood isn't exactly subtle with its jokes. And to a lesser degree Space Balls. They both lack the wit of Brooks' earlier work, but they're still good. Better than Dracula: Dead and Loving it.

Darthphere said:
Nope, just because the majority think it, doesnt it make it true. The majority of America thought Bush deserved a second term...

No, just the majority of the voters.

I love Spaceballs, but Young Frankenstein is a better film.

Blazing Saddles is my favorite Brooks movie overall. I love Young Frankenstein and History of The World Part I almost as much as Blazing Saddles, though. And Spaceballs is definately up there.

History of the World Part I is a grotesquely underrated movie.

historyofworld.jpg

It's good to be the king

reggiebar said:

fact. i can sit there and quote this movie in a room full of people until everyone is ill. and eyegore may be the single greatest 2 dimensional character ever.

"call it...a hunch! ba dum tshhh."

For me, Young Frankenstein takes it easily. There are simply too many great moments from that movie burned indelibly into my brain, but most notably...

"PRHTTN' AHN DRR RHETH!"

Havent seen them all.
All the others that i saw were masterpieces but my favorites were:

History of the World Part I. (The best of the three listed)
Dracula: Dead and Loving It.
Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

People might bash me, but i am probably the only person on the planet who has never seen Spaceballs or Yuoung Frankenstein.

:cool:

I've never seen Dracula: Dead and Loving It. I probably should rent it. I love Leslie Neilsen and Mel Brooks is great too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"