Best New Videogame Character for the Year 2007

Fenrir

Devourer Of Gods
Reaction score
Alright, since pretty much all of the year's hottest games are out already, vote which debut character you liked best. :up:

Big Daddy. He just looks cool.

It was between Altair and Big Daddy, so I thought "who would show up in the dictionary first if they were both included?" :o

I don't think any of these characters we'll make any sort of impact on gaming. :o

Damn you all! Nothing can live up to the sheer brilliance of Captain Price. Nathan Drake comes second.

even though i hated his voice actor...Ala'ir is the most interesting to me.

Well in ROOR, whoever the bad place you are. :up:

even though i hated his voice actor...Ala'ir is the most interesting to me.

Yeah, the voice acting wasn't exactly on par with the rest of the character's awesomeness though. I think what bothered me most about it was the bloody American accent. It's obvious that Altair is an Arab, like everyone else in his cult group. He just didn't sound exotic or sophisticated enough like he is supposed to.

1181737391_1_4.jpg

Nothing is more bad ash than that. But thee's also:

characters_nathan-drake.png

I don't believe there's any such thing as an "American" accent, considering that there are around four different accents in the nation alone. So that doesn't make much sense. If you're talking about the neutral Midwestern accent (the one that people can actually understand), then yes, you would be right.

I don't believe there's any such thing as an "American" accent, considering that there are around four different accents in the nation alone. So that doesn't make much sense. If you're talking about the neutral Midwestern accent (the one that people can actually understand), then yes, you would be right.

For us foreigners, it's all the same.

And for us Americans, all Canadians say "eh" and "hoser", all British have bad teeth and talk with that stupid cockney accent, and all... yous are shady folk. :cmad:

definetly Nathan Drake. That guy rocks

Altair, could be the beginning of a great franchise :up:

Well it wasn't the same Price as the WW2 games.

technically no. Same Voice actor, probably same personality just a different time.
bad place same beard.
I am not disputing the awesome of the Captain for dammit he was freaking awesome. Though I liked Soap as well:o just that Price as a Character harkens back to CoD1

Big Daddy, just sheer badass, although admittedly I haven't played any of the other games on the list.

Yeah, the voice acting wasn't exactly on par with the rest of the character's awesomeness though. I think what bothered me most about it was the bloody American accent. It's obvious that Altair is an Arab, like everyone else in his cult group. He just didn't sound exotic or sophisticated enough like he is supposed to.

exactly...the voice actor was a big issue with me. it's ridiculous that the towns people and Alta'ir's contacts sounded more authentic than he did. not to mention, that voice actor was just BAD. if they were going to pick a voice actor who can only do an American accent, the least they could've done was pick a decent one but that guy was just BAD. i honestly could've done his job 10 times better than he did and i have practically NO voice acting experience.

they spent so much time and effort on this video game that was a collaboration between all different races and religions, yet they couldn't find a decent voice actor with a middle eastern accent? shame...

...either way though, Alta'ir (sans his voice actor) is definitely my fave newcomer.

they should've asked Oded Fehr, he would've been awesome.

1181737391_1_4.jpg

Nothing is more bad ash than that.

As awesome as I thought Price was, Altair is simply in a whole other league compared to all the other characters this year.
I mean, just look at this:

8e8x7bp.jpg

It's the ultimate convergence of all things cool and badass. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"