Best one vs one fight in the X-Franchise?

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
Right, we have had a lot of action scene's in the X-Franchise so far, so for now, I will just concentrate on the one on one's as we have plenty to choose from and some have been great, others havent. Okay, I cheated a bit throwing the ending vs Weapon XI as Creed is involved in that also, but, go ahead and pick your best one vs one fight scene in the franchise so far, there are plenty to choose from, so some thought maybe needed :yay:.

Fights are listed in order of the time they happened.

Last edited:
The Weapon XI fight is probably the best one-on-one fight imo (well, one-on-one when he fights Wolverine, that is). Wolverine vs. Gambit could have been a contender if it was long enough (Jeez! Talk about not knowing how to draw out a good scene - they really dumbed down Gambit's fighting skills in that!). I would say that the overall best fight scene in all of the movies was Nightcrawler's infiltration of the White House. :) Awesome sauce!

Katie.. Gambit is reedemed in the XOW game lol hes much cooler in Wolverines game.. complete with Cajun accent card throwing n Kinetic charges and all..

hahaha and the winner is by a land slide???? yup just as i voted too...

Katie.. Gambit is reedemed in the XOW game lol hes much cooler in Wolverines game.. complete with Cajun accent card throwing n Kinetic charges and all..
:wow:
Man, I knew it. I have to get that game. I can't stand it anymore!

EDIT: Okay, I change my vote. I remember now that the Wolverine vs. Deathstrike fight was really great!

Wolverine vs Deathstrike. I love it.

I don't know, but Gambit blowing the alley, making it glow with kinetic energy and working the bo staf still gives me chills, I just love his crazy face during the fight, like he's enjoying every second of it even if he gets beaten :D

Phoenix vs wolverine was the scene I liked the most in X3 (actually I think it's the only thing I liked in that horrible thing)

Wolverine vs Deathstrike is the best fight scene. However, Phoenix vs Charles is just very well done and is a close second.

I'll have to go with Wolvie versus Deathstrike. It felt very brutal.

That wasn't really a fight. That was an action sequence. These movies are full of action sequences. But, I must say that X2 is full of beautifully shot and memorable action sequences like Nightcrawler in the White House, Magneto breaking out of his prison, the X-Jet chase, etc...

It is just a wonderful movie full of greatness.

:applaudIt really was the best movie in the franchise, wasn't it? Which is weird because the sequel in any movie franchise is usually the weakest.
I talked about the White House scene too, but it is more of an action sequence. I think its the best scene in the trilogy though.

Wolverine vs. Deathstrike was the best fight scene and best action sequence was berserker enraged Wolverine killing soldiers in the Mansion.

That wasn't really a fight. That was an action sequence. These movies are full of action sequences. But, I must say that X2 is full of beautifully shot and memorable action sequences like Nightcrawler in the White House, Magneto breaking out of his prison, the X-Jet chase, etc...

Spot on, the movie just has everything an excellent X-Movie needs, it is not only the best of the series but one of the best CB movies of all time also.

Spot on, the movie just has everything an excellent X-Movie needs, it is not only the best of the series but one of the best CB movies of all time also.

I totally agree, X2 also was the X-Film that fully established Wolverine's berserker rage IMO.

Wolverine vs. Deathstrike is easily the best fight scene in the series. And I mean EASILY!

Even the set up is amazing. "I used to think you were one of a kind...I was wrong." Brian Cox just owns the entire movie.

And then the battle ensues. Brutal, fast, amazingly edited...Wolvie and Yuriko just trash the place in pieces. I love the choreography and I love the acting by Jackman and the oh-so-hot Kelly Hu. There's nothing like a beautiful woman who's able to make a big guy suffer.

I also have a soft spot for the very first confrontation between Jackman and Mane. I'm from Finland so I grew up knee-deep in snow. Snowy landscapes in movies always win me over. Even though the fight is very brief, I think it's nicely executed. Sabretooth takes a FRIGGIN TREE and knocks Logan out of the ball park. Now that's a supervillain punch right there! That scene was the first time I really felt that the X-men comics were brought to life on screen. I was immediately sucked in. I was like humming the 90's cartoon theme song in my head.

Deathstrike VS. Wolverine in X2.Was brutal and excellent.I loved it.

Wolverine vs Deathstryke

Duh.

This poll speaks volumes for those who say Singer can't direct action. Pfft!

The action in Superman Returns and X2 is fantastic. The action in X1 is eye raping.

1st. Wolvie vs Lady Deathstrike
2nd. Jean vs. Xavier
3rd. Wolvie vs. Mystique
4th. Toad vs. Storm. Even with the cheesy line.
5th. Wolvie vs Sabes on Statue of Liberty
6th. Jean vs. Cyclops
7th. Wolvie vs Juggernaut at Jean's house
8th. Storm vs Callisto at Jeans house.

I don't really consider the finale to X-3 a one on one fight. And I'm not including any of the Wolverine sequences.

would Nightcrawler vs the white house security count? if so then that one IMO
if not then Wolverine vs Lady Deathstrike

The action in X2 was awesome.Nightcrawler in the White House,Wolvie in the Mansion and Wolverine vs. Deathstrike.After that who would say Singer doesn't know how to direct action?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"