Best Protagonist Tournament

Well protagonist isn't mutually exclusive to villain.
Its the opposite of antagonist which is what a villian is. My point is the same character served both roles in different games which is the same case for Kazuya which is why I didnt say anything. The nomination is valid

Its the opposite of antagonist which is what a villian is.

Only usually, but not inherently. To get all Breaking Bad in here, Walter White is the villain of the piece and the protagonist.

In any case I'm not really arguing the nomination or anything, just having a brain fart.

Ive never seen an episode of Breaking Bad so that reference went completely over my head

I don't mind either way. Take Kazuya or BC Bill. But feel free to discuss of course.

Ok.

B.C. Bill from B.C. Bill
B.C. Bill it is

i thought about pointing that out when I saw it but realized I nominated Naked Snake for both villian and protagonist
I forgot that
I'm striking Naked Snake out

Well protagonist isn't a necessarily mutually exclusive role to that of villain. I think saying you liked Naked Snake in MGS3 as the protagonist isn't invalidated because he was an antagonist in the other games.
If the main/most important protagonist of a series with a continuous story, or of one entry in a game series that can be viewed as a standalone in the series cannon is a villain then I have nothing against that
Characters to fight against more than they are playable can include Albert Wesker in Umbrella Chronicles, protagonist for a while and an enemy most of the time

Nathan Drake
Crash Bandicoot
Super Mario
Link
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Max Payne
Cole (inFamous)

I don't think characters should be taken out just because they're also a villain. If they made a great protagonist, what difference does it make? By all rights a character that fills both roles should be able to win both tournaments.

Max Payne
Jill Valentine
Solid Snake
Ezio Auditore
Samus Aran
Grayson Hunt (Bulletstorm)
Mega Man
Adam Jensen (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)
Commander Shepard
Nathan Drake

Mario
Sonic the Hedgehog
Link
Nathan Drake
Master Chief
Marcus Fenix
Ghost (from MW2)
Victor Reznov (from COD: WAW- Black Ops)
Starkiller

Master Chief
Lara Croft
Samus Aran
Mario
Wario

Eh. I guess I will nominate a few more. Since Sonic and Kirby have already been nominated by others, I won't include them on my list..

Abe - Oddworld
Ryo Hazuki - Shenmue
Ren Wu Ying - Shenmue II
Diddy Kong - Donkey Kong Country
Dixie Kong - Donkey Kong Country 2
Conker - Conker's Bad Fur Day
Ulala - Space Channel 5
Wreck-It Ralph - Wreck-It Ralph Wii/Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
Roxas - Kingdom Hearts 2
Professor K - Jet Grind Radio/Jet Set Radio Future

Last edited:
*ANNOUNCEMENT:
Naked Snake is a protagonist in more than one game, so he will be included in the tournament, unlike Kazuya Mishima
A big number of nominees was handed here, expect round 1 to be basically 3 way battle per match, possibly with a couple of exceptions

Is it too late to nominate Doom guy from the Doom video games and Red (Protagonist or Ash in the anime) from Pokemon Red And Blue?

Red is added
Give me the name of the Doom guy and I'll add him

Match 1
Round 1

Doomguy
The_anonymous_space_marine_from_DOOM.png

Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Assassins-Creed-II-Play-Arts-Kai-Ezio-Auditore-da-Firenze-02.jpg

Da Firenze, it means I'm from Firenze

Jackie Estacado
romantic-games-jenny-jackie.jpg

Only one shall pass
If two had a tie when the time for round 2 came, they will fight until round 2 ends

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"