best punk bands old and new.

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by The Amazing Lee, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

The original line-up was [email protected]@#^%king great... :up:

However, over the years, they went through so many changes and started playing southern metal crap rock, that they became a former shadow of themselves.

:(

2. Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

Thanks.... :cool:

Just refer to me as TMoB... everyone eslse does. :(

:)

3. Leto Atrides Guest

4. NOFX Registered

Havent seen you in a while manbat, its funny the only time I see you on the hype are in these punk threads:D

5. Indiglo Registered

Yeah, um all of that was talking about 'people' (although I'm pretty sure alot of it was directed at me) hating Green Day because they look different. But that's not why I hate them at all, their music sucks now. That's all. It's not the same, it's like REALLY washed out version of what they used to be, with eyelinear thrown in for the 15 yr old girls.

6. Leto Atrides Guest

I agree. Alot of people just don't like their music anymore. The eyeliner and pretension are just convinient when making fun of them.

That being said, AI isn't bad, but it's just so overplayed that the radio and MTV have made me hate it.

7. NOFX Registered

Its funny people said the same thing when Dookie came out.

8. thedeadite Registered

i was referring to the meatmen song.... tsol are sissies....

btw... the meatmen ruled and should have been on my list....that was a horrific error and i'm ashamed of it.

9. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Bouncing Souls
    Clash
    Dropkick Murphys
    Minor Threat
    Operation Ivy
    Ramones
    Rancid
    Social Distortion

10. Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

The only MeatMen albums I have are an original pressing of "We are the MeatMen... and you suck!!!" and a clear vinyl pressing of "War of the Super Bikes".

It's been probably over 15 years since I listened to any of them, so you're reference didn't hit me right away. :(

Cripple children suck.

11. Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

I was picking up the Green Day singles on the Look Out Label before they hit it big... the Slappy 7 inch was their last "good" stuff, in my opinion. Their new material is still way better than most modern day radio crap, but they've lost their appeal on me. :(

12. NOFX Registered

I dont know there first 2 underground albums are the most "Pop" of all there albums, probably why Im not too found of there lookout records.

13. Indiglo Registered

When Dookie came out I didn't really care about Green Day.

14. NOFX Registered

Im just saying when Green Day blew up when Dookie came out, people said the exact same things about A.I. The key word there is "After" they blew up.

15. Indiglo Registered

Yeah, but weren't 'people' just pissed that Green Day's 'punk' was now accepted and mainstream? Mainstream 'punk' isn't bad, it's when they change their sound in order to be mainstream. How did he put it... "Our music is more, 'mature' this time around".

Yeah... no.

16. The Chairman Pimps' Main Prophet

Green Day sold out. They used to be great, now they're awful (except for "WMUWSE").

Case closed.

17. NOFX Registered

They didnt change there to become more mainstream? They Evolve there sound to be better musicans! And people make it sound like its easy to get on the mainstream. It is not, Green Day knows best with there up and down career. Let me ask you this, how many punk rock operas albums that were mainsteam for the past 10 years??? NONE! So you want Green Day to play the same kind of music and the same kind of lyrics???!!! I like bands who have the balls to actually challenge themselves by expanding there music, instead of playing it safe and playing same kind of sound over and over again I.E. Social D:o

18. NOFX Registered

When did they sell out? Because you can make a better arguement they sold out when Dookie came out than A.I.

19. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

FU kid.

Social D is a GREAT band. And if you listened to their album, a lot of their lyrics has become more optimistic, a bit happier than the jaded, anti social, against the world of their former albums.

Please don't even utter Green Day and their "trendy", bubblegum, Lite FM playing, 12 year olds who think they are "Punk" music with Social D>

20. NOFX Registered

Hey I like social d but whats the point of listening to no more than one album since its pretty much all the same just different lyrics, dont get mad because im right!

21. Indiglo Registered

It's true NOFX, most of Green Days 11 million album sells were 11 year old girls who get wet when they see billy's 'dark gothic look' with happy lite rifts and poor me lyrics. It worked for Good Charlet.

22. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Doesn't Green Day just play the same three cords? And what's the point of listening to them when they pander to 12 year old hot topic little kids? Don't get mad at me cause I'm right.

23. NOFX Registered

First Dookie sold as much as American Idiot and they didnt have the dark goth look. And even if they do that has nothing to do with there sales, because the average girl dont have that dark gothic look. And you said it works for good charlet, where the **** are they now???!!! There's a reason why Green Day lasted this long and its not because of 11 year old girls because they are good, as simple as that!

24. Indiglo Registered

Living in mansions, with so much money they don't know what to do with it all.

25. sinewave Registered

why is a thread about the best punk bands of all-time devolving into a discussion about green day?