best punk bands old and new.

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by The Amazing Lee, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Keep telling yourself that when you put on eye liner and how Billie Joe speaks to you as you cry your emo tears into your pillow.

2. NOFX Registered

You obviously havent listening to albums like Warning and A.I because its sound totally different from there previously album. I would recommend to listen Green Day other band the Network and which they totally sound different! Sounds like a 80s new wave band! The Albums rocks and totally took a risk when they made that album! Too bad not alot of people know about it. Oh and about the hottopic thing, from my friend who works there most people buy The Ramones, Clash, Ac/Dc, sex pistols than any of the Green Day stuff

3. NOFX Registered

So much hate.....Its sad:(

4. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

The soft rock stations play Wake me up when September Ends, Time of your Life etc. Yeah...real hardcore.

5. Indiglo Registered

No **** buddy, their music didn't suck then either, but when you start failing at one thing you have to throw a few gimmicks in there to get the mainstream crowd back onto your nuts.

It's basic marketing knowledge that the 'dark' image with 'sad' lyrics will get you back into the mainstream. Why do you think the emo thing caught on so quikly.

6. NOFX Registered

Alot of that money they give to charity such as Katrina, victims, Tsunami, etc.... There entire Stadium tour was pretty much for charity, I think they raised about 5 Million bucks I believe.

7. The Chairman Pimps' Main Prophet

It's the truth, NOFX. Green Day has gone from a great band to crap emo. There is no difference between Green Day, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan or any other punk band making music today.

8. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

No it's recongizing what it is.

I think most of Green Day's stuff since Dookie is pop punk along the lines of Good Charlotte, Simple Plan etc.

9. NOFX Registered

Whoever said Green day was hardcore??? I dont know why so many people hate them because they dont sound hardcore, because they were never hardcore!

10. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Don't you keep telling everyone how "punk" Green Day is and how Billy Joe states how they are punk?

11. NOFX Registered

Green Day has never been emo, look at the emo bands today, do they sound like Green Day ???? Absolutely not, and there not complaining about there lives!!! There still that Great band sinc Dookie! Its funny people try to find all these reasons to not like Green day.

12. NOFX Registered

Nope, I just think they are a great band period!

13. The Chairman Pimps' Main Prophet

They were a great band.

14. NOFX Registered

Thats how Billie Joe looked since after dookie??? It sure didnt help them mainsteam wise after dookie!

15. NOFX Registered

So Are a great band! I never understood why so many people think Green day should stick with dookie. I mean you a bunch a 30 year old talking about breaking up with your gf, *********ion, and feeling isolated???!!! If you ask me dookie is more emo than A.I.!

16. NOFX Registered

I remember people were all whinning and *****ing because Billie Joe started dying his hair and all of sudden everyone started doing it when dookie came out. Almost the same exact excuse but with A.I now.

17. batsone expletive deleted

after looking through this thread i got tot say your one of two or three people on here that listen to Real punk not the mass produced major label sh1t that kids now a days call punk.

some bands you might want to check out. If you like the Queers (seenem 5 x)
    check out thankyou verry little from screeching weasel.
    And you should really look into anything by Swingin' Utters :up: :up: :up: :up:

18. The Chairman Pimps' Main Prophet

Dookie is a coming of age album. A.I. is just them ranting about messed up they think the world is. I disagree it represents what teenagers are feeling. I'm 15. I know.

19. NOFX Registered

And Dookie isnt??? Longview which is a song on dookie is about *********ion???!!! What 15 year old like yourself cant relate to that!!! Dookie is more teen than A.I ever will be! A real Green Day fan would know that!

20. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Wow the search does work sometimes.

21. The Chairman Pimps' Main Prophet

Dookie speaks for my generation. A.I. doesn't. And Dookie was 10 years ago. The group has lost its touch.

22. NOFX Registered

Holy shiit you search every post I made about Green Day???!!! :D First you took alot of those post out of context obviously I was joking about those:O

23. Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

Thanks...

Actually, I do own a few Screeching Weasel albums, and "Anthem for a New Tomorrw" was my album of the year in 1993 :up:

And I think I have a Swingin' Utters single... I'd have to check my box.

:(

24. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Sure you were.

25. NOFX Registered

Ummm maybe because there in there 30's And A.I is nto suppose to represent your generation but mine!! Which is why A.I rocks! and when they made dookie alot of there songs that Billie wrote he was still in his teens