Supergirl Best Scene Season 1 (only up 3 days)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MVP would be a little strong for me, but Brenda's definitely my favorite villain so far, so that's not a point we differ on too much.

Ok so here are the two of you compared:

:funny: Ok nevermind then.

But here's a rundown: Kelly's a fan of S1, I am not.

Score one for Kelly

Kelly loved "Human for a Day," I hated it.

Another point to Kelly

I loved "Ace Reporter," Kelly hated it.

Ok this one goes to you

Kelly likes Kara/Mon-El but thinks the romance took up too much screentime, while I just hated the whole damn romance.

Kelly again.

I want more characters from the Superman mythos, Kelly doesn't.

This one goes to you.

I want Lena/Kara to be BFF's, Kelly doesn't.

Another point to Flickchick

My priority is Kara being a proactive and independent heroine, Kelly's is Supergirl kicking arse. Does that about cover it, Kel? ;)

This last one goes to you.

Kelly 3, Flickhick 4

So you just edge her out slightly in my affections. :oldrazz:

EDIT:

Wait...all correct EXCEPT I'm fine with Lena and Kara being BFF's....I just don't want that to be all Lena is, that would be boring. NOW, if her fans keep being little toots on Twitter and Tmblr, then yeah....she can take a long vacation. But, for the most part, I'm fine with them being BFF's.

And as far as "Ace Reporter".... I loved almost every scene, until we get to Kara getting wiped out by some stupid, metal thingys and she's totally incapacitated...that was ridiculous and it totally ruined what could have been a really good episode. Loved the Mon-el/Kara channeling Nick/Nora from the "Thin Man" series...that was great.

Ok, now this just messes everything up. :argh:

Well since Kelly says that one about Lena and Kara is inaccurate, I guess we'll just have to settle for a tie. ;)

To be fair, we agree on quite a few things: we dislike all things Guardian, we believe in the Danvers sisters relationship as the heart of the show, we like the Kara/Cat balcony scenes, we love the Kara/J'onn/Alex relationship. So really, I guess it's not that shocking that we have the same favorite scenes since they showcase those relationships.

And Kel, I don't get how an episode where you "loved almost every scene" except one could be your least-favorite episode of the entire series. Supergirl getting her ass kicked when she shouldn't isn't exactly a rare occurrence on this show. And there have been a few episodes with almost no good scenes at all, lol.

Last edited:
Well, to be honest....if they would just get rid of Guardian, I would throw all of that to FC....with no problem....well, not Brenda Strong, she is and will forever be the MVP of Season 2....but all of the other stuff.

BUT ALAS, this is not the case because a pic is running around from yesterdays filming....and yes it is of James in the Guardian get up......uuuugggghhhhh....

And BTW we are going to have an MVP poll before the new season begins...

At least there are no Jimmy Olsen scenes in this poll.

Those Guardian ones weren't meant to be taken seriously in the season 2 other poll. Did anyone even end up voting for them?

AND WE HAVE A TOP 6 AT THE MOMENT....come on people get that down to a top 4.

AND WE HAVE A TOP 6 AT THE MOMENT....come on people get that down to a top 4.

Does Robert_Anthony ever vote in these polls? He seems to be a big Supergirl fan but I've not seen any sign of him in these threads.

BUT ALAS, this is not the case because a pic is running around from yesterdays filming....and yes it is of James in the Guardian get up......uuuugggghhhhh....
:( :( :(

I think we're stuck with him forever now. If they were gonna ditch him, the end of last season would've been the time.

Unless he only signed a 3 year contract and decides to move on.....

True. But for the record, I meant Guardian and that plotline, not Jimmy himself. I wasn't expecting the show to ditch Jimmy altogether, I was just hoping they were ditching the whole Guardian thing after "City of Lost Children." Of course I'd be fine with Jimmy leaving too though, lol.

True. But for the record, I meant Guardian and that plotline, not Jimmy himself. I wasn't expecting the show to ditch Jimmy altogether, I was just hoping they were ditching the whole Guardian thing after "City of Lost Children." Of course I'd be fine with Jimmy leaving too though, lol.

At this point, it would be very weird for James to suddenly say...."oh well, that time I told you this was what I was born to do"...that time when I said, "I'm finally who I was meant to be"....well, nah....not any more.

Which is why I had hope after City of Lost Children, as it had him actually questioning his reasoning/effectiveness as Guardian and in the end he had Winn proclaiming him a "hero without a costume," so I thought/hoped that's what they were setting up. But yeah, not anymore.

Which is why I had hope after City of Lost Children, as it had him actually questioning his reasoning/effectiveness as Guardian and in the end he had Winn proclaiming him a "hero without a costume," so I thought/hoped that's what they were setting up. But yeah, not anymore.

Me too....that was the one thing that made that episode worth it....not much else did, but that did. AND, it was what Kara told him many episodes ago.

The thing is, had they moved him on from Guardian, he would literally have nothing to do, unless he went to work for the DEO....which would be fine with me, I'd rather him do that even as Guardian. He's useless at Catco.

I think Guardian could work better if they changed the approach.

One problem is that being an intimidating, Batman-esque figure doesn't fit James or the actor at all, so they could change the tone.

But the main thing is bringing him back into the group as somebody who helps Kara (and potentially the DEO), rather than a rogue vigilante who operates on his own, and drags Winn along with him.

That contributed to the cast feeling fragmented last season, and it made it feel like James was endangering Winn in an incredibly selfish and reckless way. He should be brought into the fold at the DEO, probably, for the time being.

I think James would have been fine if they had stuck with the friend who is a moral conscience archetype that they had used for him in Season 1 (when he was not being the entirely forced romantic interest).

That is the one characteristic of his that doesn't encroach on or overlap with others in Kara's circle.
a. Winn is the enthusiastic technical geek; he is not pragmatic and one can say he isn't entirely given to looking at social issues rather than how things work.
b. Alex is the morally grey and extremely loyal warrior; there is no way hit first and ask questions later Alex could function as such. (I know it is mostly emotional, but later last season they have been playing it for laughs and I have disliked this development immensely. I wonder if Maggie ever questioned Alex about her tactics? (Yep! I am still mad about what they did at that dinner discussion in Alex!:cmad:)
c. Mon El is the happy-go-lucky take it easy guy. Again, he is more liable to choose the path of resistance rather than stand up to Kara on her moral choices.
d. Lena is the driver and ambitious money person who is also loyal; but yeah, would never be known for the moral centre thing.

And of course J'onn is too pragmatic to put a stop to anything that he think would keep his team safe. I have not even been sure this past season if he has any sort of vision for the DEO. I think they are mostly going by Supergirl's vision; which when you consider that she is the lead is okay. But, shouldn't he have some vision at all even if not the one the show prefers?

Alas! They left that in the dust in Season 2 when James took up the mantle of Guardian Vigilante, which I believe is in direct opposition to his Season 1 principles.

They could have had the option of course correcting--so-to-speak--in Season 2, but may be they aren't? I don't know how he can be the guardian and be Kara's moral centre.

Disclaimer: I am not saying by the way that Kara's morality is questionable. But, she tends to see the world in black and white and may have prejudices to content with owing to her upbringing as well as immense strength.

I think James would have been fine if they had stuck with the friend who is a moral conscience archetype that they had used for him in Season 1 (when he was not being the entirely forced romantic interest).

That is the one characteristic of his that doesn't encroach on or overlap with others in Kara's circle.
a. Winn is the enthusiastic technical geek; he is not pragmatic and one can say he isn't entirely given to looking at social issues rather than how things work.
b. Alex is the morally grey and extremely loyal warrior; there is no way hit first and ask questions later Alex could function as such. (I know it is mostly emotional, but later last season they have been playing it for laughs and I have disliked this development immensely. I wonder if Maggie ever questioned Alex about her tactics? (Yep! I am still mad about what they did at that dinner discussion in Alex!:cmad:)
c. Mon El is the happy-go-lucky take it easy guy. Again, he is more liable to choose the path of resistance rather than stand up to Kara on her moral choices.
d. Lena is the driver and ambitious money person who is also loyal; but yeah, would never be known for the moral centre thing.

And of course J'onn is too pragmatic to put a stop to anything that he think would keep his team safe. I have not even been sure this past season if he has any sort of vision for the DEO. I think they are mostly going by Supergirl's vision; which when you consider that she is the lead is okay. But, shouldn't he have some vision at all even if not the one the show prefers?

Alas! They left that in the dust in Season 2 when James took up the mantle of Guardian Vigilante, which I believe is in direct opposition to his Season 1 principles.

They could have had the option of course correcting--so-to-speak--in Season 2, but may be they aren't? I don't know how he can be the guardian and be Kara's moral centre.

Disclaimer: I am not saying by the way that Kara's morality is questionable. But, she tends to see the world in black and white and may have prejudices to content with owing to her upbringing as well as immense strength.

I totally see where you are coming from....in Season 1, James would have been speaking with Kara privately, and moving her in the right direction in the "Alex" episode....now that he is Guardian that scene would have fell flat....how can you tell someone that punching first isn't always the best thing when that is what you are doing now every night....

I think it goes back to what I've spoke about with other people, in that James as he was written and set out to be in Season 1 was a CBS thing, not a Berlanti thing, therefore now that CBS is pretty much out of the picture and the hands in the cookie jar are all CW, they don't know what to do with him.

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh we are to a top 6 again, not 4....help me out PEOPLE....

Honestly, none of these. My favorite is still Kara under the influence of Red Kryptonite confronting and telling off Cat in "Falling."

Well...since it's technically the same episode, I suppose I'll settle for Kara apologizing, even though they're two different scenes.

Honestly, none of these. My favorite is still Kara under the influence of Red Kryptonite confronting and telling off Cat in "Falling."

Well...since it's technically the same episode, I suppose I'll settle for Kara apologizing, even though they're two different scenes.

Well you had your chance to nominate that scene.

Perhaps I did. I'm also just coming into this thread for the first time, so not exactly a loss in the grand scheme of things that I don't get to put scene up.

There are two on the poll from that episode. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"