Best "Spider-Man"-affiliated movie?

a user

Civilian
Reaction score
I don't know if there's a thread for this already, but here's a poll.

Multiple votes are allowed, so if there are any ties, you can vote more than one. How would you rank all of the ones you've seen?

Spider-Man 2 will obviously win the poll for obvious reasons but for my money its a close tie between Spider-Man 2 and Into The Spider-Verse.

Last edited:
I haven't seen Venom or Spider-Verse yet. I can't imagine Venom being very good, though, based on the trailers and the ugly as hell cgi.

My ranking would be:

Spider-man Homecoming

Amazing Spider-Man

Spider-man
Spider-man 2
Spider-man 3
Amazing Spider-man 2

Into the Spider-Verse is the best Spidey film by a long way. It's an awesome adaptation of the Miles Morales origin, mixed with a way better version of the Spider-Verse story than the one in the comics. Great characters, great art, great music.

Raimi's Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 were fun films for their time but looking back the plots are kind of clunky and simplistic and they should've cast better actors as Peter and MJ.

As for the others: Spider-Man 3 was a disaster, Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2 had a great cast but terrible writing and bizarre subplots and Homecoming mishandled the character and treated him like an Iron Man sidekick.

1. Endgame
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Infinity War
4. Civil War
5. Spider-Man
6. Homecoming
7. Amazing
8. Spider-Man 3
9. Venom
10. Amazing 2

How come no Spider-Man (1977), Spider-Man Strikes Back (1978) and Spider-Man: The Dragon's Challenge (1981)?

They were released theatrically in some countries.

How come no Spider-Man (1977), Spider-Man Strikes Back (1978) and Spider-Man: The Dragon's Challenge (1981)?

They were released theatrically in some countries.

Haven't heard of them. Do you recommend them?

Haven't heard of them. Do you recommend them?

Only as a passing curiosity. They're dated and they're just extended/ re-edited double episodes of the 70s TV series into theatrical features. If you do watch them, don't expect too much. Some of the stunts were dangerous though, because there was no green screen or CGI at the time, so they had to do them for real and risk their lives.

I'd like to vote for "Marvel's Spiderman" PS4 game! It actually has my favorite story and characterization, especially with MJ.

Here is my ranking:
Spiderman PS4
Spiderman 2
Into the Spiderverse
Homecoming
Spiderman 1
the rest

Spider-Man 2 JUST shades Spider-Man 1 for me a season the best.

Don't know if I should vote since I haven't seen the recent ones, but The Amazing Spider-Man out of the first five.

Having said PS4 Spidey, I appreciate I can't really have that as its not a film, of the films, the first Raimi, it's heart is complete and has the balance of light/dark spot on but its still PS4 for me, it's EVERYTHING a good Spider-Man character & story should be, the overall thematic is pure Parker/Spider-Man and I vow anyone with a hint of love for the character not to cry during the third act.

I had to go with Spiderverse on this one. I love Spider-Man 2 but Raimi's style sometimes makes me cringe, plus he really drops the ball on MJ. Whereas there wasn't one element I really had any problem with in Spiderverse, and Peter who's my preferred Spider-Man wasn't even the main protagonist. Just a fantastic movie.

I love Raimi's first Spider-man, Homecoming, and Into the Spider-Verse about equally.

Venom has a vote? Lol

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Spider-Man
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
Venom
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Civil War. Hey, all it says is "affiliated."

Following that rationale Infinity War and Endgame are possible choices - as Spidey plays a small but vital role in both of them.

I take your point about Civil War, which is almost a mini origin film for MCU Spidey, and one of its top achievements is juggling all the characters so successfully - which includes introducing audiences to the new Spider Man.

Personally, I go with Homecoming.

I went with Spider-verse. It isn’t inhibited by real world physics and is a comic come to life. It really embraces the core of Spider-man as well as his role in pop culture throughout the years.

my top are:
spider-man far form home
venom
spider-man into the spider -verse
the Avengers end game
the Avengers infinity war
captian American civil war
spider-man homecoming
spider-man 1
spider-man 2
the amazing spider-man
spider-man 3