Best story arc of a character in the Infinity Saga

TheGuy

Dwelling under the Batcave
Reaction score
Title of thread says it all. Pick the character with the best story line/development over the films.

Discuss. :yay:

Last edited:
Tony, then Thor, then Steve. The only reason why Steve is last in that order is because while he did go on quite the journey, his character more or less remained unchanged. He started out as someone willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good and that's how he was up until the end when he stood up against Thanos and his army alone (or so he thought). By comparison, Tony and Thor learned to be selfless through the course of the films.

Shouldnt this be in a Marvel forum?

Went with Steve, but Tony is a close second. I had to go with Steve because while Tony started off the Marvel era and had an impressive arc, I feel like Marvel and Evans had an even bigger challenge with Steve. In an era where the cocky, flawed, smartass hero has become the norm, it’s much more difficult to create an all-around, true blue good guy and make him feel interesting and relatable. Or maybe it’s easier than we think, it’s just that some studios don’t think that sort of thing can work anymore (*cough cough* WB).

So, definitely not the character assassination job that is Steve Rogers. When it's all said and done, the endgame for him is vapid & a hard turn from previous development. At the same time, the stakes couldn't get any lower from here on out.
Not Tony Stark because also after Civil War, he's back to his archtypical solo movie schtick. Even as daddy RDJ, it feels robotic. How can this be the same writers and directors?
I wanna say Hulk because he's gone through the most literal changes, but that was such a flick of the switch between all his appearances. The same goes for Black Widow.
That leaves Thor and his arc feels the most complete and earned. @TheGuy
Hope he gets to be the Volstagg of this GOTG. Best of luck to the next "Thor".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"