Best superhero movie ever?

I just came back and no, for me by no means is the best superhero movie ever. However it does some great stuff, specially when it comes to the themes it portrays, but standard Marvel Studios formula prevent this from going into different places.
It is a good film, but not my favorite from the studio and certainly not my favorite superhero movie overall.

I think it is the best MCU origin movie. I can't even do a top 5 or really 10 but it was very very good.

Come on... TDK isn't even a top ten film any more.

If Black Panther beats TDK it's actually not saying much.

Beat the Cap films or Avengers THEN we'll talk.

TDK not a top 10 film that is just crazy talk.

It's a good film and certainly better than most of Marvel Studios' output, but it's nowhere near the top 5 all time comic book movies, let alone #1.

I have a hard time believing anything will top TDK (or BB) at this point. There's a formula to these movies now, especially with the MCU. There's no denying their films are successful and crowd favorites, but they're not "great" movies. I very much doubt any studio would okay a serious, cbm for adults like the TDKT. The only one I foresee coming close is Reeves' Batman.

I very much doubt any studio would okay a serious, cbm for adults like the TDKT. The only one I foresee coming close is Reeves' Batman.
Thing is comic books were not made just for adults, most get into them at a young age. People change the comics don't so to say for adults isn't the right term imo. "Adult comic books" are Graphic Novels.

Hulk, Thor, Captain America, < BP < Iron Man, Spider Man Homecoming, Guardians of the Galaxy

It's a good film and certainly better than most of Marvel Studios' output, but it's nowhere near the top 5 all time comic book movies, let alone #1.

I have a hard time believing anything will top TDK (or BB) at this point. There's a formula to these movies now, especially with the MCU. There's no denying their films are successful and crowd favorites, but they're not "great" movies. I very much doubt any studio would okay a serious, cbm for adults like the TDKT. The only one I foresee coming close is Reeves' Batman.

I have a hard time beleving you keep paying for these films when I just read the other day in the Thor forums that you've lost interest in the MCU or don't like to funny it up (or something to that effect). Thanks for the donation anyway and I'm sure Reeves will elevate the genre to your liking.

I have a hard time beleving you keep paying for these films when I just read the other day in the Thor forums that you've lost interest in the MCU or don't like to funny it up (or something to that effect). Thanks for the donation anyway and I'm sure Reeves will elevate the genre to your liking.

I continue to see (some of) these movies because they're one of the few I can go to with my 14 year old brother. I don't see all of them, though; I skipped GOTG2 & Homecoming, and I won't be seeing Ant-Man & the Wasp (hated the first one).

Plus, as I said I enjoyed BP well enough. I wasn't disappointed by it and I felt like I got my moneys worth.

It's new so it might change with time but this dethrowned all other superhero movies for me

I think it is the best MCU origin movie. I can't even do a top 5 or really 10 but it was very very good.

I really don't see it as an origin movie though. It's like calling Homecoming an origin movie.

I like how CW introduces both of them so we don't have to go through the same type of tropes.

I really don't see it as an origin movie though. It's like calling Homecoming an origin movie.

I like how CW introduces both of them so we don't have to go through the same type of tropes.
That is true that they are not origins like Dr.Strange or Ant-Man. We don't see how they get their powers and start. I think Spider-Man is still an origin because we see him learning about powers and being a hero. We just don't go through the Uncle Ben stuff.

Civil War gave Peter the brief introduction that made up for the origin but that was it. We learned about T'challa but not enough in the movie for me to think this wasn't a origin.

This movie still told us about Wakanda and how the BP came to be. We just didn't have to go through the dad stuff again because it was in CW. T'Challa was still BP in that movie though his dad was not fighting and had to pass it down.

It was real good, but it was overhyped. But the world of Wakanda is something people are definitely going to want to explore again.

At least give the film time to marinate. It's opening weekend- the general public as a whole hasn't fully had time to digest this yet, and even that could take time until a home release when the dust has settled and folks have thought about it some more. It's too soon to call or even question whether it's the best superhero movie ever.

Not your absolute, undeniable favorite?! "Dat's raycistz."

Etc.

That is true that they are not origins like Dr.Strange or Ant-Man. We don't see how they get their powers and start. I think Spider-Man is still an origin because we see him learning about powers and being a hero. We just don't go through the Uncle Ben stuff.

Civil War gave Peter the brief introduction that made up for the origin but that was it. We learned about T'challa but not enough in the movie for me to think this wasn't a origin.

This movie still told us about Wakanda and how the BP came to be. We just didn't have to go through the dad stuff again because it was in CW. T'Challa was still BP in that movie though his dad was not fighting and had to pass it down.

Yes, they were very smart in introducing both Panther and Spidey versions on Civil War, so when you get to their solo movies you don't feel like "oh no, another origin story!". And you skip all the introductions for Infinity War, they already know each other (or most of them), let's move on. It is a genius strategy that looks effortless and doesn't get enough credit. You get a taste of Wakanda so you know what you're going to get in his solo film, and all things considered, everything ties quite alright. This is why Marvel Studios are who they are, their intricated web of connections between films is perfectly executed.

It's probably the most important one, but it's not the best.

Not your absolute, undeniable favorite?! "Dat's raycistz."

Etc.

Nice of you to try and throw that bait out there since absolutey no one said that.

Its definitely my top 3 all time. Would be number 1 but that final act cgi *shivers*

But i can say with confidence that very few superhero movies have as many fleshed out characters as Black Panther.

PS. Is there a way to block a poster on here?

Last edited:
It's really good but not the best. Not even the best film from the MCU. It's got a lot of good qualities going for it. Great music and production design.

It's not the best superhero movie ever.

This. It's a good movie, but nothing really stood out for me compared to movies like TDK, The Winter Soldier, GOTG and even Kick Ass (a personal favorite of mine). I'll have to see it a few more times to form an honest opinion, but right now, I really have no desire to see it again.

Not even close, IMO. And I actually liked it for the most part.

Captain America First Avenger is the most underrated comic book film.

Yes it is. The ending of that movie is to me, what turned the MCU into a must see event. Best post credit scenes ever to this day.

I agree. I love that movie. It's just dripping with awesome atmosphere.

Nice of you to try and throw that bait out there since absolutey no one said that.

Its definitely my top 3 all time. Would be number 1 but that final act cgi *shivers*

But i can say with confidence that very few superhero movies have as many fleshed out characters as Black Panther.

PS. Is there a way to block a poster on here?

To block someone, go to "User CP", choose "Edit Ignore List" under the "Settings & Options" category. Enter their username into the "Add a Member to Your List..." box, then click "Okay." Viola! You won't see their posts anymore (unless someone else quotes them :csad:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"