Best Superhero Movie Romance

It has to be Superman Returns for me.

It's a bittersweet love story, and the most adult romance description so far in a comic book movie. It's realistic and captivating.

For instance, I could feel the passion between Lois and Superman when they first lock eyes inside the plane, after he rescues it. Their eyes said so much, it was magical and like love at first sight, IMO.

Also, during the rooftop interview, when Lois bare-footed steps on Supes' boots, there was such an intense passion between those two that words weren't needed. And what to say of that night flight, the score, body language, imagery and cinematography, made of that scene a truly magical and timeless one. It was a love story told with the eyes, for the most part.

But the best part has to be when inside Richard's plane, after Lois rescues Supes from drowning, Superman gets up and decides that he has to go back and Lois concerned says "but you are hurt" (meaning: but I love you and I don't want you to die), and Supes looks at Lois intensely and says "good bye, Lois" (meaning: I love you too and probably won't ever see you again).

:word:

It has to be Superman Returns for me.

It's a bittersweet love story, and the most adult romance description so far in a comic book movie. It's realistic and captivating.

For instance, I could feel the passion between Lois and Superman when they first lock eyes inside the plane, after he rescues it. Their eyes said so much, it was magical and like love at first sight, IMO.

Also, during the rooftop interview, when Lois bare-footed steps on Supes' boots, there was such an intense passion between those too that words weren't needed. And what to say of that night flight, the score, body language, imagery and cinematography, made of that scene a truly magical and timeless one. It was a love story told with the eyes, for the most part.

But the best part has to be when inside Richard's plane, after Lois rescues Supes from drowning, Superman gets up and decides that he has to go back and Lois concerned says "but you are hurt" (meaning: but I love you and I don't want you to die), and Supes looks at Lois intensely and says "good bye, Lois" (meaning: I love you too and probably won't ever see you again).

:word:

I envy you.

Just that you got all that out of SUPERMAN RETURNS and were genuinely touched by it. I was mostly getting restless waiting for Supes to punch something.

Ah, I see. And yes, I enjoy that film immensely. I find it so fascinating and beautiful. There is lots of subtext and tons of layers all throughout the film that keep me interested and totally enthralled. Maybe if you pay more attention to it next time you watch it? Any way, thanks for responding. :yay: Maybe the sequel will be more to your liking, if they make it. *crosses fingers*

Ah, I see. And yes, I enjoy that film immensely. I find it so fascinating and beautiful. There is lots of subtext and tons of layers all throughout the film that keep me interested and totally enthralled. Maybe if you pay more attention to it next time you watch it? Any way, thanks for responding. :yay: Maybe the sequel will be more to your liking, if they make it. *crosses fingers*

That's how I feel about The Crow. The ending when his fiance's spirit comes to take him back to heaven with her is absolutely beautiful. IMO It's the most emotionally driven comic book movie ever made.

That's how I feel about The Crow. The ending when his fiance's spirit comes to take him back to heaven with her is absolutely beautiful. IMO It's the most emotionally driven comic book movie ever made.

I have never seen The Crow, but I've heard good things about it. I'll check it out, you got me curious. I know that Bruce Lee's son, Brandon Lee, plays the crow, right?

cool film- and yeah, Brandon Lee being Bruce Lees son is major common knowledge.

Impossible 3 way tie between SM1/2, Batman and Superman the movie.

Wow, tough one. Well, I had to pick Ghost Rider. Don't exactly know why but I guess there's somethin' about it I don't know...Too hard of a decision. If the Spirit was out it'd probably get my vote but its not. .............The Shadow Doesn't Know!

I would go with Superman the movie. I mean come on. Do you like pink? and can you read my mind?That was classic between Christopher Reeve and Margot kidder. That was "sniff sniff" Lovely. Sorry i am just a hopeless romantic. Of course my real vote would have really went to Superman II cause that's the only time you actually see a superhero get with his girl in the sack. haha

Im saying Reed and Sue from Fantastic Four, sure its not quality filmmaking but it was a natural progression of romance.

I wish I could pick an option that was Anything but Spiderman since his romance with Mary Jane was so obnoxious

Come'on guys the rain fx with jennifer gardner and Ben Afleck was some kick ass romance I voted for that! :up:

I voted for Spidey 2. That ending scene between Peter and MJ when she says,"Go get em',tiger!" still gives me goosebumps!
Maybe I'm in the minority here,but I did like the romance between Bruce and Betty in The Incredible Hulk. It felt "real" for me,it that makes sense?

Reactions: CJ
I voted for Spidey 2. That ending scene between Peter and MJ when she says,"Go get em',tiger!" still gives me goosebumps!
Maybe I'm in the minority here,but I did like the romance between Bruce and Betty in The Incredible Hulk. It felt "real" for me,it that makes sense?

Go get em' tiger? :huh: I m' sorry I just can't stand any spider-man romance: vomite! But I Liked both Hulk romance, Jenifer Connelly & Liv tyler :up:

All 3 Spidey films have fantastic romance in it, but I chose Spidey2 because it had Peter wanting ot lead a normal life with MJ, but once his powers are gone, she won't accept him. The overall story truly was fantastic.

Reactions: CJ
hello? Pepper and Tony from Iron man.... Subtle but romantic at the same time, cute and fluffy so squee worthy...

I'll say..

Sexiest couple: Jean and Wolverine
Cuttest couple, Pepper and Tony
Hottest couple: Batman and Catwoman
Geekest couple: Sue and Mr. Fantastic
Nastiest couple: Elektra and Daredevil
Highschool sweethearts: Peter and MJ

'Iron Man' - Tony Stark(Robert Downey Jr.) and Pepper Potts(Gwyneth Paltrow); best I've seen because they didn't rush into things, they took it slow so that later-on in the franchise, their relationship will be more than what it is.

Iron Man came out after I put this poll up. :csad:
I know too bad :( cus they ruled!

I mean the chemistry between RDjr and GP was impeccable, and the way Tony and Pepper connected with each other, fluff and cute but in a dirty way you know…

Can’t wait to see how Happy is going to play here, I really don’t want any other love triangle or anything, but that’s how the comic goes, that’s how Marvel plays, but whatever, in X-men Wolvie won the war, so why cant the bad guy win on this one as well ;)

Lois and Superman. Then Jean and Cy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"