World Best Superman Movie

aroundthefur33

I am the Witness
Reaction score
:supes: this is for those who have seen the brilliant superman returns...what do you think is the best of the series...

oh i and i realize that superman returns takes place after 2, and that 3 and 4 are gone...maybe it is earth 2...lol

[1] SUPERMAN : The movie

(2) SUPERMAN RETURNS

{3} SUPERMAN II

Man I just can't pick. I guess STM was the best for its time, and SR is the best for today. That's the best I can do. :O

Definitely the original.
Superman II had better villains but too many things just didn't make sense.
  • The cellophane S-Shield
  • Zod and co. being able to point at objects and levitate them
  • Superman and the villains going invisible in the Fortress
  • Superman's line "We used to play this game at school." On Krypton? That blew up.

Easily Superman: The Movie, though it had an ending that both makes zero sense or works. Superman II was good, but not great. Same with Superman Returns. I have many problems with those two movies. Superman III and Superman IV were just awful.

Superman 2 is the best in my opinion.
but Superman Returns is really great too.
but then again Superman 1, 2, and Superman Returns are all on par with greatness. just as Bryan Singer had planned.

i even like Superman 3 as well, actually. but i hated Superman 4. so awful.

Superman 4 was cute. SR and STM were better, but if I don't vote for it who will?

Well I cant put in a vote because Superman the movie and superman 2 are Still my favorite comicbook movies of all time and I like them both equally as much as the other.I am sure others feel the same way so you should have been in a option of BOTH Superman the movie and superman 2.

1. Superman The Movie
2. Superman 2
3. Superman 3
4. Superman 4
5. Superman Braniac Attacks
6. Superman Returns

Yes, Superman Returns was that bad

You're entitled to your own opinion and all. It's cool with me. But SR worse than 3 and 4? I'll never understand that.

Mine's a tossup between The Movie and Returns. Overall I'd say I love The Movie more, but Returns fixes some things that The Movie got wrong.

Superman Returns.

For me, it was very much in the same style of STM or SII, but lacking most of the camp and illogicalities those early films suffered from.

None of the above.
My favourite Superman film is Superman and the Mole Men from 1951.
supsatmm-1s.jpg

43% in favor of Superman Returns? What are you guys smoking? SR crapped all over the Superman mythos and deservedly is being rejected by the general public. With all that was just plain wrong about SR it's hard to parse out what was right. Not much. Superman: The Movie is VASTLY superior. Just watched it again the other night (LOVE the restored scenes!)
No comparison whatsoever. STM is movie making brilliance and Reeve embodied in every way exactly how the Man of Steel should be portrayed.

Ben Urich said:
  • The cellophane S-Shield
  • Zod and co. being able to point at objects and levitate them
  • Superman and the villains going invisible in the Fortress
  • Superman's line "We used to play this game at school." On Krypton? That blew up.

i vote for S:TM as best of all time still today...
then S:2...
then S:R...
then S:3...
then S:4...

and i take the cellophane S-shields as an example of kryptonian technology...

the levitation part as maybe powers they would be able to have,even Supes, but never developed...

the power of being able to vanish in the FOS...another display of kryptonian technology using the crystals...

the line..."we used to"...is really the one thing that is waayyy out of line, taken that we all know that Supes was sent from Krypton before exploding, thus never having the chance to go to school there...

1. Superman:The Movie
2. Superman II
3. Any episode of the Reeves TV series.
4. Superman III
5. Superman Returns (barely...)

I have not yet seen my favorite Superman movie yet...

CConn said:
Superman Returns.

For me, it was very much in the same style of STM or SII, but lacking most of the camp and illogicalities those early films suffered from.
Same for me.
Your avatar rocks, btw :up:

Superman: The Movie is the best for me, with Superman Returns possibly ahead of Superman II, though I could change my mind.

I dunno, I actually think SR is just a hair better than STM.

I'm the opposite. I think Superman: The Movie was a hair better than Superman Returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"