Best T.V. Series of All-Time Tournament

Do you constantly self narrate your own life in your own mind?:whatever: :cwink: And you didn't answer my question, do I get to call you Shirley since I remind myself of Cox?

Look they are great qualities, but I think the way he lives his life, is unrealistic. It's a comedy I know, but I am meant to believe this guy is some sort of chick megnet? Am I not allowed to gripe the constant self-narration and the lesson he learns about life at the end of each episode?

Spot on.

:up:

Characters narrating the story to the viewer are a storytelling toll used in many TV shows and movies, there´s nothing necessarily wrong with that. The Wonder Years was a terrific show that did that.

No, actually you don´t remind me at all of the wit and intelligence of Cox.:oldrazz:

Guys who date a lot of women, often much more attractive than them, is done in a ton of comedies. George Costanza and Jerry Seinfeld dated a lot of women, way too hot for them, and they were both incredibly weird and neurotic guys. Ross was a total nerd and dated a lot of hot women in Friends. Am I supposed to believe Jim Belushi was married to Courney Thorne-Smith, Kevin James was married to Leah Remini, Ray Romano was married to Patricia Heaton, etc.? Learning lessons in each episode is a staple of almost every sitcom, and like in others sometimes the show jokes with the lessons or undermines them.

Quick suggestion, put spoilers in tags please, some people have only just finished season 4 of the sopranos.....

Wow. 200 Posts And The Tournament Hasn't Even Started, Guess I Should Do It.

Characters narrating the story to the viewer are a storytelling toll used in many TV shows and movies, there´s nothing necessarily wrong with that. The Wonder Years was a terrific show that did that.

No, actually you don´t remind me at all of the wit and intelligence of Cox.:oldrazz:

Guys who date a lot of women, often much more attractive than them, is done in a ton of comedies. George Costanza and Jerry Seinfeld dated a lot of women, way too hot for them, and they were both incredibly weird and neurotic guys. Ross was a total nerd and dated a lot of hot women in Friends. Am I supposed to believe Jim Belushi was married to Courney Thorne-Smith, Kevin James was married to Leah Remini, Ray Romano was married to Patricia Heaton, etc.? Learning lessons in each episode is a staple of almost every sitcom, and like in others sometimes the show jokes with the lessons or undermines them.

:dry: :nono:

Well, with all those sitcoms, they never really took themselves seriously. Scrubs is meant to be a drama-comedy. I find the character totally unrealistic and condescending and arrogant. Any lead character who comes across as this UNINTENTIONALLY is pretty ****. Just my opinion.:o

Well, with all those sitcoms, they never really took themselves seriously. Scrubs is meant to be a drama-comedy. I find the character totally unrealistic and condescending and arrogant. Any lead character who comes across as this UNINTENTIONALLY is pretty ****. Just my opinion.:o

JD is suppose to be condescending and arrogant. And if you have never met anyone like that - I wanna move to your little Pleasantville.

JD is suppose to be condescending and arrogant. And if you have never met anyone like that - I wanna move to your little Pleasantville.

Really? I don't think he is. Do women really go for that type of guy consistently, albeit a dumbass might? Does a guy like that really have alot of friends? Of course I've met people like that, the difference is, usually those type are own their own and don't really have close friends. Thus, the unrealism in JD.

It changes, the character´s capable of acting like a jerk sometimes, and also go to great lengths to make up for it and/or help the people he cares about. Like people do.

Like Scrubs, many other sitcoms alternate the more comedic side with the more serious/dramatic side. I actually like it that the show takes seriously the moments where a character feels hurt or betrayed, most sitcoms tend to treat even the intended serious moments in a goofy/jokey way.

Reaper and Extras are the best I've seen recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"