Best Take(s) on Spider-Man (2010-2019)

Discussion in 'Spidey-World' started by Spider-Aziz, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Spider-Aziz Gomez Adams and Mulan

There have been plenty of discussions of best of the last decade, so I decided to include this one.
    You can count the comics if you want to, or parts of certain takes adapting the character outside the comics. If you want to explain why it would be nice, sharing thoughts is a good thing.

• Comics we've had for last decade may include guest appearances too, or tie-ins to shows and movies and games.
    • We've had one animated movie, 4 live action ones, and three movies with him as a guest star.
    • Two animated shows. He also appears in some episodes of the anime Marvel: Disk Wars (you can count it if you've seen it)
    • Four games from Beenox, one from Insomniac. And spots in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, LEGO Marvel 1&2, an online rpg. You can count mobile games if you feel inclined to do so.

2. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

Hands down Spider-Verse and Spider-Man PS4.

The PS4 game delivered the best modern take. Getting into the game I expected a great gameplay experience but was so pleasantly surprised by the high-caliber writing. It was not only the best Spider-Man game ever but the best Spider-Man movie since Spidey 2.

Spider-Verse was super creative and gorgeous visually, but also told a great and fresh story with introducing Miles and middle-aged Peter.

But I must admit I was pretty out-of-touch of the comics side in the last decade. I spent the last few years binging the entirety of the original ASM ,SSM and USM.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  3. Mandon Knight This means something to those who believe....

PS4 game version without a shadow of doubt for me. Gave me everything I needed and that opening sequence was simply pure magic, emotion and love.

Spider-Aziz and Nardz937 like this.
  4. Spider-Aziz Gomez Adams and Mulan

Insomniac deserve the praise they receive with their game. After expressing their joy in this honor they've lived up to it extremely well from gameplay to story to characterization.
    I wish Beenox were able to live up to this standard with characterization, they claimed to be huge fans of the icon and I really wish they were able to prove it that well.

LEGO games and the Peter Parker voiced by Chris Pine are Spectacular too. Before December 2018 it seemed to me like nobody cared for the character anywhere near as well as Traveler's Tales did with their LEGO games.