Best Terminator!!

Sorry, is the question which is the best Terminator, or which is the best Terminator movie?

I think it's a generational thing: I'm 22 and I saw T2 in the theaters. I just liked it more because I saw it first. However, someone in their 30s might think differently, you know.

I'm not saying that they're 'old farts' or anything. I do respect Terminator 1, but I just like 2 better. This is how you make a movie! And it's one of the few sequels that can match up to the original.

It's kind of like how younger people admire Return of the Jedi, and how older people still regard it as the 'black sheep' of the original trilogy (although the prequels did help "Jedi"'s status)

Mass Nerder said:
Oh no! I've gone cross eyed!

I hope I got that line right. That was suppose to be from Austin Powers 2: The Spy Who Shagged Me.

Octoberist said:
I think it's a generational thing: I'm 22 and I saw T2 in the theaters. I just liked it more because I saw it first. However, someone in their 30s might think differently, you know.

I'm not saying that they're 'old farts' or anything. I do respect Terminator 1, but I just like 2 better. This is how you make a movie! And it's one of the few sequels that can match up to the original.

It's kind of like how younger people admire Return of the Jedi, and how older people still regard it as the 'black sheep' of the original trilogy (although the prequels did help "Jedi"'s status)
I see what you're saying. I myself am 25, no much older than you, but I still enjoy T1 more but also that's because I saw that one frist. My parents were never to scrict about me watching R rated movies if my older brother was with me and he use to take me to see R rated movies all the time. And for some reason when I think of the first Terminator I think of the first Highlander. I think because they came out around the same time and both were movies my oldest brother got me into. And you're right about the Jedi thing. It looks so much better now that I've seen the prequels.

With Jedi, that's how it is. So in theory, the prequels did one good thing: It brought Return of the Jedi up to the same level as the first two movies, in minds of some people.

I just can't enjoy T1. It bores me to sleep, and It was more horror than sci-fi, considering he was just a robo-Michael Myers. The 2nd terminator was a machine that you eventually forgot was a machine because of the relationship between him and John Connor, not to mention Sarah Connor in t2 had much more to her, she was less one dimensional than in the first one because we see how she was affected, as apposed to the traditional sequel where the female lead picks up the peices and thinks she is going to live happily ever after only to have her life shaken up again. That is bull*****. Sarah has issues, we can see that. And the T1000 was by far a better villan than the first terminator. That is not my opinon but a gawddamn fact of life. He was smarter, stronger, faster, and he had frickin' super powers for gods sake! To counteract that, the terminator in T2 was a better hero than Kyle, if you don't understand why, then you haven't watched the two films back to back.

I also think that some people prefer T2 because the visual effects were groundbreaking. That was the first time I saw CGI in a movie theater...ever.

Because it had a more decidely modern look, it made T1 look like dated material. However, that's a superficial way to like a movie but it does happen.

I liked T2 BECAUSE of the Terminator's friendship with John Connor. It was well done and quess what: I cried when Termy gave out the thumbs up!!! :( :(

T2; The acting was better than in T1 and T3, the action was better, the FX was better. An overall better movie in my opinion.

The people who voted for T3 should be beaten.

Gerard Way said:
I just can't enjoy T1. It bores me to sleep, and It was more horror than sci-fi, considering he was just a robo-Michael Myers. The 2nd terminator was a machine that you eventually forgot was a machine because of the relationship between him and John Connor, not to mention Sarah Connor in t2 had much more to her, she was less one dimensional than in the first one because we see how she was affected, as apposed to the traditional sequel where the female lead picks up the peices and thinks she is going to live happily ever after only to have her life shaken up again. That is bull*****. Sarah has issues, we can see that. And the T1000 was by far a better villan than the first terminator. That is not my opinon but a gawddamn fact of life. He was smarter, stronger, faster, and he had frickin' super powers for gods sake! To counteract that, the terminator in T2 was a better hero than Kyle, if you don't understand why, then you haven't watched the two films back to back.
shutup noob.:mad:

Octoberist said:
OR OLDER.
I saw T2 in theaters as well and since we're the same age Im guessing around the same time. I really liked T2 but after awhile I got over the special fx and all the glamor of the movie and looked back at T1 and Ive come to the conclusion that it had the better story, better acting, better setting, better look.

Nice night for a walk, eh? Nice night for a walk.
Wash-day tommorrow, nothing clean? Nothing clean.
Your clothes, give them to me.
Wha? No...

Terminator then proceeds to punch his fist through the guy.

I think Arnold gave his best performance ever in that movie.Yes, my vote is changed for T1.
I definitely love that movie.

Gerard Way said:
:down
I guess posts like this one are the reason "WTFs" are made for

gregtestagent said:
shutup noob.:mad:

That's mature. You've been a member longer than I have, so that makes your opinion more valid. That's cool I get it.
I bet people like you.

Terminator 2 : Judgement day. I remember watching it with my older cousins in 1993 at their house and loving it. :)

Like some of you are saying, age and which one you saw first does factor in, but I don't think it is the defining factor. I'm only fifteen and I've always liked the original more than the second. It's all about what you like in movies. For me, I think the performances, story, script, direction, atmosphere in Terminator were all better in the first than the second.

Whenever I see the end of T2 I literally choke up. Regardless of how I feel about Arnold as a person, his performance in that end scene, still hits me and pulls at my emotional strings in a very powerful way.

T2 for me, it was the more entertaining then the other ones.

Gerard Way said:
That's mature. You've been a member longer than I have, so that makes your opinion more valid. That's cool I get it.
I bet people like you.

That's exactly right. Now shut-up n00b. :o

What the hell?? :confused:

Gerard Way said:

If you want more information on T1, read and watch several interviews with James Cameron. He said the concept of the first Terminator came from a nightmare he had about a vicious cyborg going on a rampage.

Considering if this dream is true, then it explains why the first Terminator had a horror vibe to it and it was a damn good horror vibe too. It showed a machine that was relentless, ruthless, vicious, and just wasn't going to give up no matter what was done to it.

Hell, the actual T-800 model continued going after Sarah with only half a body! How scary is that? That literally sent chills down my spine.

t1bust.jpg

terminator1.jpg

I really don't love the first, but I love Terminator 2 : Judgement day

And T2: 3D is great too in Universal Studios

Gerard Way said:

I'll start this post off by saying BOOBS. Yes, boobs. T1 has boobs, naked boobies. That gets points from me.

But there's more than that. Yeah it was something of a horror/sci-fi thing. So? Yep, this story doesn't involve any of that learning processor computer stuff, etc. boo hoo, I'd cry if I could. It had a love story about a guy sent back through time by his own frelling son who has to save the future with his penis and homemade grenades. Who wins?

Sarah got all her angst from T1 anyway so ****.

And about the t-1000. There's no way mr. Fantastic was more of a beast than arnold's terminator. Who fell in the lava pool first huh? Wow I can make forks and knives out of my body.
gumby_bendables.jpg
Raaarrr!!! I'll kill you!

Kyle Reese is the ultimate hero of the world and that's a fact. The terminator's just a toaster really, put some toast in and it comes up hot and delicious. Reese was a man who felt real pain and suffered the ultimate sacrafice for the woman he loved. That's a real hero mother****er.

I love both movies but come on. T1 rules too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"