World Best Venom

E616 Eddie is the best without a doubt. Marvel is now learning (even though it should have been obvious) that Venom = the black symbiote + Eddie Brock. The Gargan and Flash versions have only mustered a fraction of the popularity of the original formula. Not surprisingly, the best animated versions--90s TAS and Spectacular Spidey--were the ones that closely adapted the 616 Eddie story.

Now that Flash's series has been cancelled, let's hope Marvel has the common sense to give Eddie the black symbiote again.

And Blowphervenom sucked.

E616 Eddie is the best without a doubt. Marvel is now learning (even though it should have been obvious) that Venom = the black symbiote + Eddie Brock. The Gargan and Flash versions have only mustered a fraction of the popularity of the original formula. Not surprisingly, the best animated versions--90s TAS and Spectacular Spidey--were the ones that closely adapted the 616 Eddie story.

90s Venom I could see as being adapted from 616 (although IMO much improved since it gave a relationship for Peter and Eddie before he became Venom). But Spectacular Spider-Man? That Venom was absolutely nothing like 616 Eddie Brock.

90s Venom I could see as being adapted from 616 (although IMO much improved since it gave a relationship for Peter and Eddie before he became Venom). But Spectacular Spider-Man? That Venom was absolutely nothing like 616 Eddie Brock.

It's been a long time since I watched the eppys with Eddie, but I remember it being a high-schoolish/simplified version of the Eddie-Peter animosity from the comics. Eddie slowly built a resentment towards Peter over years and years of misunderstanding, then bonded with the symbiote after Peter tried to destroy it. That echoed the slow-burn hatred of Venom's two sides even if it didn't involve the Secret Wars, Eddie's marriage, The Sin-Eater or his father's disappointment in him.

90's TAS gave the best motivation, he was already a selfish prick, and it made sense that he didn't like spidey or parker. His motivation in spectacular was one of the things that didn't work for me. Despite having Brock around all season, it was super fast and didn't make sense once he bonded with the symbiote

It's been a long time since I watched the eppys with Eddie, but I remember it being a high-schoolish/simplified version of the Eddie-Peter animosity from the comics. Eddie slowly built a resentment towards Peter over years and years of misunderstanding, then bonded with the symbiote after Peter tried to destroy it. That echoed the slow-burn hatred of Venom's two sides even if it didn't involve the Secret Wars, Eddie's marriage, The Sin-Eater or his father's disappointment in him.

I haven't read the comic arc, but I don't think Eddie and Peter even met before Eddie got the symbiote. He was a journalist for a different newspaper company.

I haven't read the comic arc, but I don't think Eddie and Peter even met before Eddie got the symbiote. He was a journalist for a different newspaper company.

They both worked for the Daily Globe, and Peter instantly knew Eddie when Venom first revealed his face in ASM #300.

Spectacular Eddie/Venom. His story there pretty much rivaled Two-Face's in Batman TAS. While he's generally a good guy, who does have morals, he did have some mental issues that started to slip out as the first season went on. I also liked that they went with the Ultimate Spider-man story by making him and Peter friends originally. As it made things more personal for Peter because his childhood friend was now one of his worst foes.

And when he became Venom, instead of just stalking Spidey, he actually used the info he had. And came much closer to beating Spidey than any other version ever did.

The only thing I didn't care for was his voice.

Last edited:
Spectacular Eddie/Venom. His story there pretty much rivaled Two-Face's in Batman TAS. While he's generally a good guy, who does have morals, he did have some mental issues that started to slip out as the first season went on. I also liked that they went with the Ultimate Spider-man story by making him and Peter friends originally. As it made things more personal for Peter because his childhood friend was now one of his worst foes.

And when he became Venom, instead of just stalking Spidey, he actually used the info he had. And came much closer to beating Spidey than any other version ever did.

I feel the same. I liked most how Eddie and Peter were best friends. A nice little twist. So,it's SSM for me. Although I love how creepy,dark and demented McFarlene's Venom was. Probably my favorite all time version.

Flash Venom is the best.

Best version of Brock Venom.

Followed by Spider-Man 3 version.

Flash Venom is my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"