Best Zombie Movie....Ever

NOTLD is my favorite, maybe because it had the biggest affect on me. I was disappointed by Dawn of the Dead when I first saw it since I expected a gritty feeling like in NOTLD but it grew on me. Tom Savani did a great job in that film with the special effects.

28 Days Later.

Great characters, great acting, great music, great cinematography, very intense...

I'm not a big zombie buff, and I love that movie with a passion. :up:

It doesn't really have zombies besides the (reborn) Evil Ash (zombie).

Rac said:
It doesn't really have zombies besides the (reborn) Evil Ash (zombie).

Deadites = Undead

Undead = Zombies

Come to think of it, where are any of the Evil Dead movies?

I can't help but notice that there isn't much love for voodoo based zombies around. What about classics like I Walked With a Zombie or The Serpent and the Rainbow and the like?!......

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Deadites = Undead

Undead = Zombies

Hang on, in that case vampires = undead so where is the line going to be drawn?!......

~†~§iX~†~ said:
Hang on, in that case vampires = undead so where is the line going to be drawn?!......

Well, yeah. But still, the main villians in the series are always classified as Zombies. The first film especially.

I couldn't pick between the original Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead. The best time I ever had at a theater was seeing an early screening of Shaun of the Dead with a bunch of Trash Film Orgy boys and ghouls...the energy was insane.

boon23 said:
Once again: 28 Days Later is NOT a zombie movie.
It is a disease movie about a spreading infection. The mindless killers are still living and they are starving to death in the end. Of course there are similarities to a zombie movie (e.G.spreading the disease through blood and bites), but a zombie is an undead creature (if we consider the american movies night, day ,dawn, etc).
My personal favorites:
Dawn (remake)
Dawn (original)
Night (remake)
Shaun
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 1
Day
Braindead
Return 3

I have argued this before, and considering that there are several meanings of the word zombie, and only 1 of them means undead, then 28 Days later can be considered a zombie movie. The infected in the film are mindless creatures serving their base instincts.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Deadites = Undead

Undead = Zombies

I was just thinking that.

The poll left out many quality movies in the quest to find the "Best Ever."

ANTHONYNASTI said:
Well, yeah. But still, the main villians in the series are always classified as Zombies. The first film especially.
I have never heard of the Evil Dead referred to as zombie movies. If anything, I would say they are based more around demonic possession. No one seemed to die, they were just taken over. The closest would be Linda in number 2 who is dismembered and buried, but comes back from the grave. I still would not class her as a zombie, because of the spiritual aspects of her body rejoining together.

Not everything that rises from the dead and appears to be alive is a zombie!......

Shaun of the Dead

But if Evil Dead II counts, then I might pick that.

Dawn of the Dead. Absolutely no contest. And where the hell are Zombi 2, Land of the Dead, Dead Alive, Return of the Living Dead, and the Evil Dead trilogy, to name a few. This poll is lacking.

OK, 28 days later isn't scrictly a zombie film, and no braindead or evil dead?

What I'd really like to see is a movie that explores the zombi and it's voodoo origins. Basically, the zombi without an "e." Maybe there's already a movie like this and I don't know about it, though. Who knows.

My favorite is the original Dawn. Also BOO to you guys for not mentioning The Re-Animator!

Cyrusbales said:
OK, 28 days later isn't scrictly a zombie film, and no braindead or evil dead?

Evil Dead, as much as I love it, is not a zombie film. It's not even 28-Days-Later-close.

Flexo said:
Evil Dead, as much as I love it, is not a zombie film. It's not even 28-Days-Later-close.

evil dead 2 is a zombie film, and is superior to evil dead one also! 28 days later is no way a zombie film, it just takes all the best bits from the living dead trilogy, and then ruins them.

Watched the original Dawn for the first time in a few years.... goddamn it pwns all things zombie. THE scene (you know what scene Im talking about) is perhaps the most intense thing I've witnessed on screen and it still gets my heart pumping with fear.

I love the night of the dead, it's got a classic ending, genius! Yes the effects are very dated, but as for character and story goes, it's up there with braindead!

shaun_wideposter.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"