Better Call Saul! - Breaking Bad Spinoff A Go At AMC - Part 1

SuGftJM.jpg

ylBMa4z.jpg

5BMGMSj.jpg

anzdDDO.jpg

Better Call Saul to show scenes set during Breaking Bad

http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/17/better-call-saul-breaking-bad-scene-season-4/

“We have a subplot that very squarely gets into Breaking Bad territory and brings us into the world — or at least points us on a path toward the world of Walter White and the territory of Walter White,” co-creator Vince Gilligan tells EW. “I can’t wait for folks to see that.”

The news comes as the universes of the two shows seem to be on a collision course. “I picture two giant circles moving together, converging into an ever-largening Venn diagram, and that Venn diagram represents the overlap between Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul,” Gilligan says. “That area of overlap is getting larger and larger.”

Co-creator Peter Gould tells EW, “We’re still a few years out from Walter White, but you’ll see some things that will definitely ring a bell and also show some different aspects to things that we saw in Breaking Bad.”

Finally! Took them long enough.

Finally! Took them long enough.

They hadn't before because the story didn't require it. Now, apparently, it does. This is cool news and I'm looking forward to it, but I've never watched this show waiting for it to catch up to BrBa. Its own story and characters are great enough.

I feel like the show has dragged at times, especially during season 2. The criminal aspect of the show have consistently been the best parts so I hope this news means we're getting a lot more of that.

[YT]qA5J7l2ovKM[/YT]

'Better Call Saul' Unveils Unseen 'Breaking Bad' Character at Comic-Con
The Better Call Saul team revealed that Tony Dalton (Sens8) will play Lalo, a character never seen but referenced in the season two episode of Breaking Bad that introduced the world to Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk). As Saul knelt over a grave dug by Walt (Bryan Cranston) and Jesse (Aaron Paul), he screamed that it was Nacho (Michael Mando), not him — and asks Walt and Jesse if Lalo sent them. It's a seemingly throwaway line fans have long speculated would show up in Saul.

Yeah, I can't wait. Interested to see the fallout of Chuck's death.

I guess we're not going to have Talking Saul. I really love watching Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould.

There's still the insider podcasts that they do after each episode.

Renewed for S5
37928878_10156721590821617_1257774601333637120_n.jpg

So how many seasons is this going to have, to where it reaches the time frame of BrBa?

Vince and crew know what they are doing. They proved that with BB. They’ve got this folks :up:

It shouldn't go past season 6.

Yeah, this show is fresh but it still has an expiration date. Six seasons sounds about right. Personally, I'd have been fine if they ended it at four seasons but I'm still down for more since I love the Breaking Bad universe.

It's worth a listen

Listen: Vince Gilligan, Bob Odenkirk Detail ‘Breaking Bad’ Crossovers in ‘Better Call Saul’ Season 4

According to Odenkirk and Gilligan, the fourth season of “Better Call Saul” is more complex and fast-paced than ever, with Odenkirk’s Jimmy McGill reeling from the death of his brother Chuck (Michael McKean). But the exit of one character brings the entrance of another: “Better Call Saul” is saying hello to a new face from its parent universe, “Breaking Bad,” they reveal.

“There’s a confidence and certainty from the writers that you feel in the writing, and that’s great fun for us to just keep … getting closer to ‘Breaking Bad’ and the characters of ‘Breaking Bad,’ including a new character who’s from ‘Breaking Bad,’ which is a crazy thing to say,” Odenkirk said. “I won’t try to explain any further.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"