Better Call Saul! - Breaking Bad Spinoff A Go At AMC - Part 1

I’ve always been nervous of Kim’s fate but this season is where it’s hitting me the most.

Can we please give Rhea an Emmy nod at least?!

I wonder considering how he's f***ing with Howard, that Kim leaves Jimmy and go with Howard to live somewhere else.

And yeah I so hope Rhea gets a nod.

I wonder considering how he's f***ing with Howard, that Kim leaves Jimmy and go with Howard to live somewhere else.

And yeah I so hope Rhea gets a nod.

I’d settle for that rather than her dying, going to prison, or something like that. I’m still wondering how Howard ties into all of these so that might be it. His storyline could’ve been wrapped already so there’s a reason why he’s still around.

I've never been more worried for Kim.

Can we please give Rhea an Emmy nod at least?!
giphy.gif

Oh Kim... :(
I dont know that is worse for the character. If she gets killed or losing her License with Jimmy take no damage from all this.

I’ve been reading this theory online and what if... How ballsy would it be if turns out that all this time, her and Jimmy are still married during the BB era? :wow:

I’ve been reading this theory online and what if... How ballsy would it be if turns out that all this time, her and Jimmy are still married during the BB era? :wow:
If that's the case there's a chance of her appearing in the black and white section of the show. Maybe there's hope for Jimmy at the end.

I HAVE thought about that as a possibility before, since we didn't really see any of Saul's personal life in BB, but then somehow I’d find the post-BB scenes even more depressing and I’m just not prepared for that, lol.

EDIT: Unless she does appear in one of those scenes at the end. If they end this show with hope for Jimmy, that would be nice. But...I’m not holding my breath for that one.

If that's the case there's a chance of her appearing in the black and white section of the show. Maybe there's hope for Jimmy at the end.

I HAVE thought about that as a possibility before, since we didn't really see any of Saul's personal life in BB, but then somehow I’d find the post-BB scenes even more depressing and I’m just not prepared for that, lol.

EDIT: Unless she does appear in one of those scenes at the end. If they end this show with hope for Jimmy, that would be nice. But...I’m not holding my breath for that one.

Well, "Gene" is in Nebraska and the license plate of Kim's mom was in Nebraska too so maybe...? :p

Well, "Gene" is in Nebraska and the license plate of Kim's mom was in Nebraska too so maybe...? :p

Yep, that seems very intentional. It might be a helluva coincidence for Gene to unintentionally end up in the same place as Kim though.

At this point because I know it's all going to come crashing down for Kim, I don't even know if I'd want her and Jimmy to reunite in the present time. She just needs to get away. I about screamed when she proposed marriage as an option.

I actually think they're good for each other. They balance themselves.

Jimmy at the end of this episode:
dPEPZYX.gif

Vince Gilligan directed next week's and he called it the hardest directing he's ever done.

I’ve never bought into the idea that Kim is in any way doomed by canon. Like flickchick said and like I’ve said a few times we never saw Saul outside the confines of the work he was doing for Walt and Jesse on Breaking Bad. No home life stuff or anything. So I don’t think anything is written in stone.

Now granted, she is obviously in for a world of hurt, but there’s no telling what form that hurt will take. I don’t think she’s dead tho. Chuck’s demise only got Jimmy to dig his heels in and pave the way for Saul Goodman, but I think anything happening to Kim because of Jimmy would snap him back to reality. It would be for him what Hank’s death was for Walt.

Can't believe there's only 3 episodes left this season.

Anyone else kinda feel bad for Howard? I’d understand why Jimmy would have some kind of underlying anger toward him but he did go overboard trashing his car and embarrassing him at the restaurant with the prostitutes

Anyone else kinda feel bad for Howard? I’d understand why Jimmy would have some kind of underlying anger toward him but he did go overboard trashing his car and embarrassing him at the restaurant with the prostitutes

Howard has never been a bad guy. In the first season we assume that he's the antagonist because we see him through Jimmy's eyes, but after Chuck is revealed to be the one opposing Jimmy, Howard becomes a red herring. His loyalty was always to HHM, and he was probably too hard on Kim, but he's always been a decent person. Jimmy projects his insecurities and anger onto him.

Howard has never been a bad guy. In the first season we assume that he's the antagonist because we see him through Jimmy's eyes, but after Chuck is revealed to be the one opposing Jimmy, Howard becomes a red herring. His loyalty was always to HHM, and he was probably too hard on Kim, but he's always been a decent person. Jimmy projects his insecurities and anger onto him.
To me, Howard has always come off as a decent guy. Poor dude just got put in the middle of Chuck & Jimmy’s issues. Got put in a tough place because obviously he was gonna side with Chuck because they were friends & partners, but he also didn’t agree with how Chuck treated Jimmy. In the end he had to do what was best for his law firm.

Hopefully Howard gets a satisfying conclusion

To me, Howard has always come off as a decent guy. Poor dude just got put in the middle of Chuck & Jimmy’s issues. Got put in a tough place because obviously he was gonna side with Chuck because they were friends & partners, but he also didn’t agree with how Chuck treated Jimmy. In the end he had to do what was best for his law firm.

Hopefully Howard gets a satisfying conclusion
Here’s my take:

Contrast this show’s ending to Breaking Bad, where one could argue that stuff almost worked out too well for Walt in the end. Go completely in the other direction. Gene makes it back to Albuquerque, he’s gearing up for some sort of big confrontation, takes one step off the curb, BOOM. Hit by a car, flips over the roof, whole nine yards. The driver gets out, he’s horrified. Turns out Howard is the driver. Once he sees that it’s Jimmy, his demeanor changes. He gets back into the car, throws it into reverse, backs over him one more time for good measure, then takes off into the night. Roll credits.

Here’s my take:

Contrast this show’s ending to Breaking Bad, where one could argue that stuff almost worked out too well for Walt in the end. Go completely in the other direction. Gene makes it back to Albuquerque, he’s gearing up for some sort of big confrontation, takes one step off the curb, BOOM. Hit by a car, flips over the roof, whole nine yards. The driver gets out, he’s horrified. Turns out Howard is the driver. Once he sees that it’s Jimmy, his demeanor changes. He gets back into the car, throws it into reverse, backs over him one more time for good measure, then takes off into the night. Roll credits.
:funny::funny::funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"