BEWARE Spoilers: 11.2 - DETECTIVE - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Smallville' started by ironman29758, Jun 11, 2012.

?

what do you think of the New Batman look

1. 10-OMG. So awesome, can't wait! moment I was waiting for this since SV Started

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5-Let's wait and see before I decide if it's good or not

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1-I hate it. should have done better.FAIL!

11. 0-words don't describe how much I don't care right now.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ironman29758

ironman29758 Well-Known Member

here's the page vantheman77 is talking about:

2. Webhead2006

Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

Cool interview from bqm on bat,an story and stuff from show.

3. Brainiac 8

Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

They need to hurry and announce when the trade for the first story will be released.

4. Dangerman

Dangerman Well-Known Member

They already did. It will be next year in April in TP not HC (Hard Cover). So pretty much a year from now for $14.99.

5. Brainiac 8

Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Ah, didn't know that. I wonder why they aren't releasing it until next year...that seems strange.

6. Young Superman

Young Superman The Last Son of Krypton

Does anyone else think they took cues from the Christopher Nolan Batman films when designing the Smallville Batsuit?

7. Webhead2006

Well since we only had two print issues so far. They probably waiting to we have at least 6-10 issues out to make a trade a more economical/read success and what not.

8. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

I wonder when we should expect to see Wonder Woman then since her existence in the SV world was confirmed by Chloe in Season 10.

Heck, it'd be nice to see SV's version of the JLA, after both Batman and Wonder Woman become honorary members of the group as well, have their own portrait created like how the JLA had one for their group back in their prime.

Also, I wonder if BQM will actually attempt to portray Superman's and Batman's eventual friendship to be as legendary as other versions have shown it.

In any case, I'm glad that before the show had ended, that we had them establish Clark as being the big "it" factor for the superhero community of his world and how he'll be the one leading the way for everyone in the future. I say this because when it comes to a lot of portrayals of the JLA in the DCAU area, Superman has always been treated as somewhat of a lesser being than Batman at times.

9. ironman29758

ironman29758 Well-Known Member

I can imagine that:when the guy is trying to take the picture Oliver and Bruce is arguing about who copied who's superhero identity, Impulse is eating a burrito, AC and Victor are making jokes, John Jones is enjoying a cookie, Zatanna and Black Canary(with maybe Wonder Woman, Lois and/or Chloe) are talking and laughing and Superman is trying to get everyone to settle for a picture. :woot:

As for how BQM will potray Batman:When I heard that Batman was hunting for his parents killer I was reminded og of Bruce hunting for his parent's killer in Batman #47 which was a detailed Batman origin(http://batman.kinlok.nu/bat-comics/origin/) and the darker adaption in the Batman:Brave and the Bold episode "Chill of the Night"(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chill_of_the_Night!) which tells of Batman finding his parent's killer so it might be similar to how BQM does it only with Superman and Stephanie Brown. Well seeing how Superman was potraying in the new 52 Justice League#2, The Batman/Superman story in The Batman season 5 premiere, Batman:Brave and the Bold Superman episode and the 3 part World's Finest episode I Have some hope but a little scared about it.

10. Webhead2006

It should be fun to see where bruce and clark friendship goes. As for ww probably be down the road.

11. Binker

Binker Well-Known Member

Not quite: it was confirmed with Season 3's Asylum, there was a newspaper with the headline "Themyscirian Queen Address The Vatican".

Speaking of which; maybe not the characters themselves, but even places where these characters live have been mentioned on the show, which is enough for even me to say those characters, maybe even those characters' supporting cast, exist in the universe: Bludhaven in Season 1 (makes sense now, with Nightwing appeaing next regardless of Steph being behind the mask), even Gotham was first mentioned in Season 6, with others such as Coast City first mentioned in the episode Redux from Season 2, and Keystone in Season 8. So if those cities exist in the Smallville universe, where of course they were expanding and showcasing the DCU with it, characters like Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and more should show up in this comic.

Oh BTW, I want to update my thoughts on Batman's costume in Smallville, Season 11: I'm actually liking it now more and more. Again, like Superman's suit for the rest of us. I'm seeing it as what they wanted to do with it, which in turn is actually like how the developers turns things for the Arkham video games: the combo treatment. The suit is gray in the comics, black in the movies: in Smallville, they made it gray over black. It also reminds me of the Injustice suit, too.

As for Batman himself; Superman/experienced and Batman/rookie is a change that is very different from what's considered the norm, but as it's should given what series this is. Same goes for Steph as Nightwing. But, I want to see how Bruce's backstory in the SV universe plays out, because Chloe mentioned a "a billionaire with gadgets" and Miller revealed both the war on crime longer than Clark was the Blur (again, bad name) and Batman as the rookie, makes me think in SV: Bruce, not Batman, had his war on crime but from the shadows, with (maybe only a little) vigilante business. It was only with the costumed superheroes being common, and of course Superman, that Bruce followed suit as Batman, making him the new guy. That's my theory, but either way I want to see how they handle the character in the comic.

Hey, guys: what-if SV's Batman was actually older than Clark, like DKR old, and was a secret admirer of the JSA back in the day? That would've been different, huh?

12. smallville fan

13. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Nice work!

14. Young Superman

Great job smallville fan, I loved it.

15. Webhead2006

Umm bqm stated that batman here isn't a rookie. He is around lex/ollie age. And been operating longer then clark was as the blur.

16. The Incredible Hulk

The Incredible Hulk Bad Hombre

Technically the Themysciran Queen would be Hippolyta, Diana's mother.

So herolee is correct. WW's existence is only confirmed in Episode 10.15 when Chloe is talking about other heros she met during her time with the Suicide Squad: "I met a billionaire with high-tech toys and a wondrous women who will throw you for a loop."

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  17. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

While i'm thrilled that Batman is being a official introduced into the smallville Universe. I'm a little pissed off that he didn't appear in the series when he clearly could've been. Now with that out of the way BRING ON THE DARK KNIGHT, even though I'd have much more preferred if he was a loner vigilante in his first team-up with Superman. I'm willing to give BQM a chance before I negatively rip this episode to pieces (with the usage of Steph as Nightwing before Dick even became Robin), (The look of Batman costume SV style) etc...

Bryan so far has done a wonderful job in maintaining the core essences of the series in "Guardian". So I'm willing to look at this objectively and reserve judgement on "Detective".

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  18. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better. If only all comic fans could give something a chance first before spewing venom all over it. It's gotdamn ridiculous.

19. Webhead2006

Ha ya any fandom gets real fuzzy at things before we know all.

20. smallville fan

So who would make a good live action actor for Smallville's Batman?

21. Pepsiguy2

Pepsiguy2 Snyder Worshipper

We really have to wait and read to tell..

22. KalKai

KalKai n/a

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  23. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Whoa I love Bats cowl design it's very reminiscent to Nolan's version of The Dark Knight.

24. Young Superman

25. Binker

Binker Well-Known Member

Actually, the suit itself (except the cowl...maybe) is like the Batman from the upcoming Injustice game