Big Brother 14

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Sawyer, Jul 4, 2012.

1. SolarTiger Registered

Kara was a looker, but unfortunately the hot girls always go out early in BB. The other girls in the house just get too jealous.

2. Sawyer High King

As evidenced by all the **** Dani talked about just about every other girl in the house once they were gone.

3. Marvin Registered

alot...of Ian's moves were part of if not entirely Dan's game. That's just how good he was.

Someone said earlier that there is no accounting for a bitter jury(and this season had one of the most bitter I've seen. 6 to 1 really? has that ever happened before I don't even know). I disagree. It takes a truly great player to play his game and account for a bitter jury. Unlike Dick(who won mostly cause of who he was sitting against) Dan never actually hurt anyone, I very much appreciate this. However he could have played without crossing some of the more honest players moral lines. Or he could have been nicer to a leaving Britney. Shane is confusing me.

I have a feeling that even Dr. Will would lose to this jury.

Can anyone tell me, did Dan actually swear on the bible to not vote frank out? Or did he just swear that he was about to divulge the truth?

4. Havok83 Registered

Funny bc weeks ago Britney told Danielle that no girl has ever won in the F2 when sitting next to a man. Danielle didnt care and still wanted every girl in the house out. In the end she ended up getting played by a man and dropped

5. Sawyer High King

The key difference between Dr. Will and Dan being than Dr. Will never pretended to be anything he wasn't. He would tell people to their face that he was lying to them. Overall, Dan just lacks his charm, as well as the ability to own up to his being the villain.

I'm not going to say the jury wasn't bitter (they were, but they have every right to be), but if anyone is going to say that Ian's win is 100% due to bitterness in the jury, I'm going to say they're dead wrong. Did Dan play one helluva game? Well, **** yeah. And had he been sitting next to Dani or (for whatever insane reason he would've ever made it to the finals) Joe or Jenn, or maybe even Shane, he may very well have won. But he was sitting next to a terrific player that he vastly underestimated through the eyes of the jury. Ian nailed that final speech, he perfectly articulated his strengths in the game as well as Dan's flaws. Dan's speech, however, relied almost solely on flattery. Ian was most certainly a worthy opponent in the F2. He wasn't just some floater, or hanger-on. He fought in this game. He earned his spot in the final 2, and as far as I'm concerned, he earned the win too.

There is another thing I don't like about the "bitter jury" complaint: The jury is part of the game. They don't determine the winner by call-in votes from the viewers, based on who made the game the most interesting viewing experience (otherwise, yes, Dan would've had it in the bag). The winner's fate is determined by those they played a part in eliminating from the game. And the simple fact is, you can't **** a majority of the jury six ways from sunday, all the while playing the "Saintly Coach Dan", as well as be unnecessarily grand-standing with your scheming (the funeral) and pretty much be the singular reason that they've lost out on a chance for $500,000..... and still expect them to give you their vote. At the end of the day, Dan failed the jury aspect of the game.

Did bitterness in the jury play a part in how things turned out? Sure. How could it not? But was it the sole cause for Ian's win? Absolutely not.

And as for Janelle's comment that it would be a travesty for Dan not to win, here's thing: Janelle's never ****ing won. :o It's kind of clear that her kind of game =/= a winning game.

6. Marvin Registered

Sawyer

I don't know if you were addressing me or not. However I'd don't recall stating the jury's vote came down 100% bitterness. I said the jury was bitter. As horrible as Dan's grandstanding may or may not have been. I seem to recall Britney mentioning how in awe of Dan's game she was, to a Frank was simply was not. Yes(and like I said) Jury is part of the game. But that doesn't change the simple fact that some people deal with a bitter jury whilst other don't.

This business about Will telling people he was lying to them is lame, and I've never bought it. He was a charming liar and that's it. He admitted to his lies after the fact. The only difference is that Dan committed to his more. Moreover Dan's grandstanding was probably a little over board. I heard Britney mention the gaul it took to throw your own funeral. Dan played to the audience(and most loved it). This playing to the audience is very much the exact mechanism that people remember about the Chill Town duo.

Ian had a great speech, maybe the best I've seen but he also had that Cinderella story angle working for him, as well as a mostly fickle jury. I don't even remember that blonde girls name but honestly... Then you have the Frank character that looses every argument he has before even opening his mouth(just ask Britney). This dude had it out for Dan since the start and every week following(he wouldn't shut up about it). Then he actually nominates Dan, dan works his game magic and get's him out the next week and I'm sitting here wondering how Ian deserves Franks vote more? Oh that's right, because it was yet another person Dan had to deal with, whilst protecting most of the quack pack. You're right jury is also a part of the game, there is no accounting for their level of character.

Ian earned plenty of votes, but I'm not going to act like that jury wasn't fickle.

On a side note.
    At first I would wonder why Dan kept throwing HOH's, then I witnessed Frank's game.

7. Sawyer High King

Well, I was mainly just adressing you about the Dr. Will part. The rest was for pretty much everyone.

8. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

My opinion with the results; being an underdog fan I was pulling for Ian so I was happy to see him win. Not only because he was the underdog in the entire game but he is a deserving winner. They were both deserving winners, I was just happy Danielle wasn't in the finals and won.

Ian was a target from week 1, where he could have gone home maybe if Boogie didn't save him. He quickly realized he was of no concern to Boogie and Frank after that and when the coaches came in the game he had to do something so he helped form an alliance the day after the Silent 6 formed and got them all, including Dan, to turn on Boogie and Frank and go after them. *Remember it was him that revealed that Boogie wanted Shane or Britney out next. His vote helps secure Boogie's departure otherwise Mike would have stayed in the game and who knows how the rest of the game would have played. He wins the next HoH and gets Frank's closest ally left out (Ashley) despite caring for her. Dan the week after sold out the whole Quack Pack, including Ian, to save himself while promising Frank everything under the sun. That week Ian wins the Powerball (extra) veto that ultimately saved him from being evicted that week and the following week he wins HoH and takes out Frank another big player. The following week he gets put on the block by Dan and he wins the veto again to save himself, unknowingly to him again that his alliance really wanted him out. He wins the next HoH and takes out the last remaining player who wasn't a quack pack. He remained loyal to his alliance until the end despite that not one of them left in the game returned that loyalty to him. He goes on to win the final HoH and kept his word to Dan and brought HIM to the finals. Ian worked as hard as Dan to get to the finals and without having to play as dirty as Dan did. But he didn't play a completely clean game, he betrayed Boogie and Frank, he was the one who put up Ashley and Jenn which lead to their eviction. However he didn't swear on the bible and everything else in the world to get further in the game, he didn't do things that would cause ill feelings to the Jury which I feel led to some of his votes.

Now Dan played an amazing game, made some amazing moves (mostly just to save himself) and certainly deserved to be in the finals but he failed miserably in one part of the game. The jury aspect of it. He played ruthlessly (which he admits), and did some things he probably didn't have to and just so he could always have control in the game.

If I were to compare Dan to a Survivor player, I would say he would easily be like Russell Hantz. Both are great players (no matter if you like them or not), both played ruthlessly, both did whatever they had to get to the finals and both made huge mistakes in the way they handled the jury. There is more to it than just making the finals, which is shown in both cases. At least in Dan's case Ian was at least worthy of winning, while Sandra and Natalie were anything but worthy in Russell's case.

9. roguebot Registered

I think a more apt comparison would be Boston Rob's performance in Survivor All-Stars. Both were extremely ruthless in their backstabbing (I felt worse for Lex than I did for Frank and Shane, who both had it coming in different ways), yet at the same time they actually made an effort to be cordial to the other players and almost never made personal attacks against anyone unless it was for gameplay reasons.

In fact, as someone who watches the live feeds, I think Dan is the only person in the house that never attacked anyone personally (his funeral doesn't count as it was staged). It really was all gameplay for him. You can't say the same for Russell, who (from what I've heard) rubbed people's faces in it, or for Ian and Britney, who talked trash behind people's backs.

And in the end, both Boston Rob and Dan had to deal with a bitter jury, but at least they lost to players that had decent game-- Amber and Ian.

#284 roguebot, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  10. Sawyer High King

11. SuperT I See It, I Want It

That's shocking because I thought for sure he was gay....lol

12. Havok83 Registered

I didnt even know they were dating

13. DrDoom Dictator

Any word on when a new season starts?

14. Sawyer High King

Late june.

15. SolarTiger Registered

Haha, same here. My gaydar was beeping a lot with him.
    Big Brother Canada starts in a month...if you're interested in that. :o

16. DrDoom Dictator

I'm not a filthy commie so no, I'm not interested.

I just hope the new 'MERICUHN season doesnt feature that ****ing idiot Jessie AKA Mr. Pec-Tactular

17. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Has anyone been watching this seasons Celeb Big Brother? I need Speidi gone like yesterday.

18. Havok83 Registered

I didnt even know that began