Big Hero 6

Nah, I don't think it will be in the MCU if that's what you're asking. It will be Disney canon, though. So it'll be in the same universe as Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, etc.

Not MCU, but is it from the Marvel Universe from the comics? And will it have the Marvel brand?

Yes it's from the Marvel Universe. No it doesn't look like it will have the Marvel brand.

I highly doubt you will ever seen an Animated Marvel film with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

All about Big Hero 6:

[YT]9zYVrAa-J0Y[/YT]

Last edited:
Joe Quesada on Big Hero 6:

“Big Hero 6″ is really looking great. Don Hall, Kristina Reed and the entire crew are such amazingly talented people and have such a love for all things Marvel that it’s been an absolute blast working with them. They’ve really taken the BH6 property, which at the end of the day doesn’t have a lot of publishing history behind it, and built an entire world and mythology around it.

…The amount of research Don and his crew have done is exhaustive and beyond thorough, and I don’t just mean with respect to reading the comics. From the design of the characters and their tech to the look of the world, no stone has been left unturned and a lot of frequent flyer miles have been tallied up to get where they are at this juncture. These guys have traveled the globe to make BH6 the very best it can be. It’s a tribute to how John Lasseter runs the animation division. He encourages this kind of thorough research, and you’ll undoubtedly see the results in the story and on the screen and I’m sure in the making of DVD. [Laughs]… And really, that’s what you want. You just want people to accept this incredibly fantastical world as the reality they’re living in for the next 90 minutes.

http://screenrant.com/joe-quesada-i...-6-ultimate-spiderman-avengers-assemble-2013/

Looks promising and should be as great as Disney's recent animated movies and it's neat to see Marvel make it's first animated movie on the big screen rather than a DVD or BD release

Co-Director named:

Chris Williams has joined Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Big Hero 6 as director, alongside helmer Don Hall. Additionally, Roy Conli has boarded the project as producer.
OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

Box-Office Milestone: 'Frozen' Crosses $500 Million Worldwide

D23: Disney Unveils 'Zootopia' and Offers Up New 'Frozen,' 'Big Hero 6' Details
Williams co-directed and co-wrote the screenplay for Disney Animation’s 2008 release Bolt, for which he received an Oscar nomination for best animated feature. His writing credits (story) include Mulan, The Emperor’s New Groove, and Brother Bear for Disney. He also lent his voice to the character Oaken in Disney's current hit Frozen.
Conli previously produced the studio’s Tangled, which was released in 2010 and made $588.8 worldwide, and 2002’s Treasure Planet.
Hall previewed Big Hero 6, which is scheduled for release on Nov. 7, 2014, last summer at Disney's D23 Expo. At that time, Kristina Reed was attached to produce.
The stereoscopic 3D CG feature is inspired by the Marvel comic of the same name (and marks the first project of its kind since Disney acquired Marvel). The action comedy adventure follows robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who must save the city of San Francisco from a criminal plot with the help of a robot, Baymax; and Gogo, Honey Lemon, sushi chef Wasabi and fanboy Fred.
Disney Animation vet Hall directed 2011’s Winnie the Pooh and wrote the screenplay for Meet the Robinsons.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/chris-williams-direct-disney-animation-668066

big-hero-6.jpg

Just as long as it's not set in the MCU.

I think they are creating a separate animated cinematic universe. It would be nice if they use this opportunity to create a shared animated universe with other fringe characters and teams from the Marvel U.
Runaways would make a great animated movie.

It looks like someone finally spilled the beans on the voice cast for the new Disney/Marvel animated superhero film Big Hero 6 and it wasn’t Disney. In an interview from February, comedian TJ Miller offhandedly leaked that he was voicing a character in Big Hero 6 and, from what we can tell, it’s most likely Fred!

Fred is an aspiring low-budget filmmaker. He originally volunteered to be a test subject for the the robot experiments by Tadashi, but then stuck around to help the Tech Lab research team with their projects. Fred’s really quirky and weird. For example, in filming one of his movies he dressed up in rubber suit and stomping on cardboard buildings.

http://www.rotoscopers.com/2014/03/...voice-actor-announced-for-disneys-big-hero-6/

Haha, I like Miller. The voice work he does in How to Train Your Dragon is hilarious.

TJ Miller is a very underrated actor/comic.

I think they are creating a separate animated cinematic universe. It would be nice if they use this opportunity to create a shared animated universe with other fringe characters and teams from the Marvel U.
Runaways would make a great animated movie.

This is probably an 1-off kind of thing. Maybe a straight to DVD sequel or cartoon TV series is possible.

The film being part of Disney Canon kinda limits thing. Out of more than 50+ released films, there's only 1 film in the whole canon that had a sequel that wasn't a straight to DVD release.

When will Disney release a trailer? Isn't this coming out later this year? The shroud of secrecy surrounding Big Hero 6 is rather puzzling.

Maybe it's the be all end all of superhero movies. Marvel better pack it in :o

I love maya!

So what is this? A cinematic release or a dvd thing? Or a tv show?

Big screen film under the Disney label. Don't know if Marvel will have a credit.

The teaser trailer will debut online next Thursday.

2axq.png

Big screen film under the Disney label. Don't know if Marvel will have a credit.

It would be really strange if the one non-MCU film that didn't feature the Marvel flipbook intro was the one done by Marvel's parent company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"