Bill & Ted Face the Music

I love where this movie is going. And I pray that Sadler returns as the Reaper and as webhead and Cosmic said above, have him fill in for Rufus. Rufus was Carlin and that's that.

The need to have Rock vikings like Horrible Histories

[YT]8qSkaAwKMD4[/YT]

TCA: Keanu Reeves Talks ‘Bill & Ted 3′
LISA DE MORAES said:
Keanu Reeves came to a Summer TV Press Tour Q&A session to talk — sometimes in French – about the workflow of digital versus the workflow of photochemical film. Yes, it was mind-numbing but, in fairness, it is the subject of the documentary he’s here to plug, Side By Side. Yes, it was released as a feature film about a year ago. But PBS is airing it on August 30. More accurately, PBS is airing parts of it – cut it down a bunch. Anyway, at some point, some brave TV critic screwed up the nerve to ask Reeves about the status of Bill & Ted 3. More than a year ago, Reeves told GQ the third iteration of the slacker sci-fi franchise would have B&T trying to write the world’s greatest song, and traveling, Ebenezer Scrooge-style, to see what they’ll be like in the future if they fail to finish this tune. Back then, the script was either coming along nicely or finished, depending on who you Google.

“There’ve been a couple of drafts now,” Reeves said this afternoon. “And we’re waiting on the writers to come up with another draft.

Which we’re all looking forward to,” he added wryly.

Updates(?!?!)...

From Alex Winter AMA (reddit):

Bill& Ted 3: elaborate please!

alxwinter:
We have the script and our producing team on board, in finance mode now... :)
Since George Carlin has died, will there be some new character coming in to replace Rufus in helping the Wyld Stallyns?

alxwinter:
we've spent a lot of time and thought on making this work. all i can say right now :)
On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely is it that B&T 3 will be financed and actually get made?

alxwinter:
I'd say 10 but it's Hollywood... so 9.9?

The second has some funny moments, but the first had all the heart. It was almost like "Bogus Journey" was a deliberate farce of the first, instead of pop culture in general.

Yeah, the second one had some good stuff but not enough of it. And certain things were just a little TOO cheesy (even by Bill & Ted standards). Hopefully the new one will be more in the tone of the vastly superior original film.

2012 was a surprisingly big year when it came to news about Bill & Ted 3. But after nearly a year without any more talk about the project, Keanu Reeves recently spoke with Today about shooting the movie next year at the age of 50.

“I’m open to the idea of that,” Reeves said. “I think it’s pretty surreal, playing Bill & Ted at 50. But we have a good story in that. You can see the life and joy in those characters, and I think the world can always use some life and joy.”

He wouldn’t get into any details about the script, but he confirm that it’s complete. “Yeah, there’s a story; there’s a script,” he said. “We’re trying to get the dough together to make this crazy story.”

News broke in August 2012 that Reeves and co-star Alex Winter were attached to star in a film, penned by the original writers Ed Solomon and Chris Matheson. Galaxy Quest and RED 2 director Dean Parisot was also attached.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...ys-bill-ted-3-script-done-just-needs-funding/

I'm looking forward to the movie if it gets made. Loved the first two.

Actor/director Alex Winter — a.k.a. Bill S. Preston Esq. himself — has revealed a whole heap of bodacious new details about the upcoming Bill & Ted 3.

Winter and co-star Keanu Reeves will return for the follow-up, which has already been 23 years in the making after 1991’s Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey.

The filmmaker was discussing his first acting role in a long time as a shady assistant in crafty thriller Grand Piano, but we couldn’t help but ask him about the state of the fan favourite franchise.

“[Bill & Ted] will be 40-something and it’s all about Bill and Ted grown up, or not grown up,” Winter tells us. “It’s really sweet and really f—-ing funny.

“But it’s a Bill & Ted movie, that’s what it is. It’s for the fans of Bill & Ted. It fits very neatly in the [series]. It’s not going to feel like a reboot. The conceit is really funny: What if you’re middle-aged, haven’t really grown up and you’re supposed to have saved the world and maybe, just maybe, you kinda haven’t?”

“There’s many versions of ourselves in this movie,” he continues. “[It’s] answering the question: ‘What happened to these guys?’ They’re supposed to have done all this stuff, they weren’t the brightest bulbs on the tree, what happened 20 years later? To answer that question in a comedic way felt rich with possibility.”

But fans expecting something to see in the near future had better prepare for disappointment.

“The thing we had going against us is that word got out,” he explains. “That was kind of a bummer. It just takes a long time to put a movie together. Now we’re having to build this thing in public, which is fine. I just feel bad [the fans] have to get dragged through this long, boring, protracted process.”

Above all, it’s good to hear that the members of Wyld Stallyns are still good mates off-screen.

“Me and Keanu and [original writers] Chris [Matheson] and Ed [Solomon] are all very close and have remained close over the years,” says Winter. “We’d be having dinner and we’d be like, ‘is there a point? Is there a way in?’ We’d kick an idea around and go no and we would leave it alone for a bunch of years. I guess about four years ago we had an idea together that we thought was pretty great. I think it was because so much time had gone by that it was great.

“It was really just the four of us and we were really very measured about it. It took time to construct the idea, it took Chris and Ed time to build the first draft. Then we put a producer together and got a director [Galaxy Quest helmer Dean Parisot]. We’ve been working on drafts for the last couple of years. The script’s been finished for a while, but comedy is so specific. We’re in that world where producers are on, financiers are on and we’re just working and reworking the script.”

We, for one, are very excited to see what they come up with — and whether they’re still rocking that awesome facial hair.

You may have to wait to see him as Bill, but you can catch Winter in Grand Piano on VOD now.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/alex-winter-gives-an-excellent-update-on-bill-ted-3-98391178022.html

I hope they get it together soon.I'm a big fan of the first.Second was pretty good.

yeah but it wont be the same without Carlin's Rufus tho :(.

I'll probably be the only one here with this opinion but Excellent Adventure, while great is inferior to Bogus Journey. "good robot-us-es".
I'd welcome a third film, especially when it seems all involved want to do it for the right reasons.

I dated a girl who preferred Bogus Journey. I personally don't, but hey, you're not alone in that opinion.

Anyway, I hope they get this thing going soon. It's cool that they've all remained so close over the years. I remember thinking back when The Matrix came out that Winter probably hated Reeves because Reeves became a major star, but it's good that that was never the case.

Also, Excellent Adventure is available to stream on Netflix, which is awesome, because I lost my DVD of it a long time ago.

I actually think 'Bogus Journey' is slightly better than 'Excellent Adventure' because it's a sequel that had zero business being SO ambitious and imaginative, and just bat poop crazy. You gotta respect that.

As for the latest update? “We’re really close. We’re just about there,” Winter said, before cautioning: “In Hollywood parlance, [that] means we’ll either be shooting soon, or it’s never going to happen.”

Asked if he’s sick of the obligatory Bill & Ted questions every time he does press, he responds, “We’re trying to get the movie made, so how could we be sick of it? It’s really been us driving the whole thing, me and Keanu and [writers] Chris [Matheson] and Ed [Solomon]. So we’re producing it and we’re actively trying to get it made. We’re not tired of it, but I think for our fans, we are eager to stop talking about and actually shoot the damn thing.”
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/alex-winter-reunites-with-keanu-reeves-for-sxsw-113728140317.html

834a416995af562fc23fce00a7cdb87388fad7d8.jpg

Man that is exciting!!

I cant even imagine what it would be like!

If Wild Stallions was supposed to usher in an age of peace and compassion... Well, how's THAT working out for mankind these days?

It feels like they will be pushing this movie for like 20 years and then Bill & Ted will be rebooted as Willhemina and Terri's excellent adventure.

Reeves has not ****ing aged a day.

I say they just get Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig instead.

In an alternate universe, Ted suddenly became known as John Wick after watching Bill get murdered in front of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"