Birds of Prey Birds of Prey General Discussion and Speculation

From Jeremy Conrad, legit?

No. First off, what Earth are we on when Mr. MCU Cosmic himself is reporting so-called scoops on DCEU-related properties of all things. Second, good old Manabyte doesn't exactly have the best track record. If I'm wrong, I'll be wrong, but I'd wait for a more credible source than him. Not that I'd ever consider him a source, for one.

So the Sirens are currently trending on Twitter.

If you get Margot's Harley with Zoe's Catwoman and Jessica Chastain as Ivy, you'd have a fun Gotham City Sirens.

Meanwhile, Grace Randolph picked the wrong time to get into Cathy Yan's mentions. Since, you know, no one here bothered to post her subsequent tweets and just the "I know the pain" one. Even DanielRPK, who is just as much of a random scooper as Grace is, wasn't on board with what Grace was selling.

Also, poster's note, not sure 100 percent if the language in the tweets is A-OK to show, since admittedly there's no swearing, but if they aren't, feel free to delete this post.

I think that the driver whose legs Harley breaks is a regular in Chad Stahelski's movies.

Grace Randolph got what she deserved, she may have some realisable sources but she delivers the scoops terribly.

As much as people like to give her credit for some things- and admittedly, she was one of those, I believe, who believed the Snyder Cut would be released- I immediately remember she also said things like Wonder Woman 1984 being a Flashpoint-esque movie.

But generally speaking, I always like seeing directors take bloggers or scoopers to task, and Cathy Yan can be added among those names. James Wan has done it, David F. Sandberg has done it (admittedly with more humor), and even James Gunn has slapped down fake rumors about his films.

Grace Randolph being served some humble pie... her “scoops” are nothing but word of mouth. Go Cathy Yan!

I truly hope it’s true that they are working on a sequel for this.

Enjoyed the movie when it came out mostly, but there's 2 things that keep nagging at me for the movie part that are hampering me recommending this to anyone:

First, why did the pickpocket girl have to be CASSANDRA CAIN of all characters? Y'know, one of the most notable Batgirls who has speech issues (she was a mute at first) and who's father was a ruthless assassin? Yeah, none of that there. Couldn't they have just made her Holly Robinson or just not had her in the movie? All the other characters had more reason to be targeted or have a beef with Black Mask, so "Cass" was unnecessary except to try and make Harley look like less of an ash (or methinks they were trying to slightly copy the Deadpool 2 Russel plot line thing by having a kid involved in the plot, but who knows).

Aside from that, my only other real problm with the movie was that Harley shouldn't have been the main lead or even in this at all. The movie even FLAT OUT ADMITS she doesn't give a shirt about the other 3 BOP girls and their cause. And yes, I know it was because Margo Robbie wanted to play Harley again sooner, but she should've been patient and waited IMO. They really should've made Huntress the lead here. She's played by an equally well-known actress, her story was more compelling, and yet she's BARELY in the movie until the third act. Harley's break-up plot line could've just been saved for The Suicide Squad and later expanded on in Gotham City Sirens, where it would've been far more poignant with Ivy involved there (if that's still the plan). As for where the bad place Batman is (we didn't need to see him, but they could've addressed why he wasn't around to at least look into Black Mask trying to take over HIS town), I assume the idea is that this movie could've been taking place around the same time as JL where he's out of town helping Diana and company with taking down Steppenwolf, so Roman would be free to move in mostly unopposed.

Other than that, that's really it. If anyone wants to clarify for or prove my full of shirt, go right ahead. I didn't hate the movie at all, but I liked the Deadpool movies way better.

So, Harley Quinn being an accomplice in crime of killing Robin as shown in Text read out of her file by Amanda Waller was added by Geoff Johns to make her look more "edgy" and dangerous. It made no sense as Harley in Comics is not involved in Crime of killing Robin. Also, I'm quoting some comments on Reddit which explain why it's far fetched.
Ayer states that Batman knocked the Joker’s teeth out after the latter murdered Robin. This isn’t mentioned in the film though.

When Harley met the Joker, his teeth had already been knocked out.
Because according to Ayer Joker lost his teeth after he killed Robin, and Batman beat him up. Harley being an accomplice doesn't make sense because when Joker met her he already had his grills.

har3.png

Last edited:
I kind of want to see Ayer's cut of Suicide Squad... Maybe moreso than the Snyder Cut.

Too late to the party but i saw this movie (wasnt going to at first but a friend of mine said it was good so i gave it a chance) and i can say its decent.

The plot , main Villain and some of the things that happen storywise are imho BS but the movie has some pros.

Good fights and nice visuals/colour palettes to name a couple.

For me the bummer was the absence of Katana which i was interested the most in SS even though they did very little with her. To be fair i have no clue if she is a BoP member or not. Just saying i liked her character the most form the SS and they mostly wasted her there.

Second bummer is the absebnce of a Joker cameo. Why reference him but not show him for a couple of scenes ? If it was an actor paychek/scheduling thing its understandable but i think they did it cause of the stupid mentality "that main characters steal the show from other movies so we wont use them" just like they decided to cut the Superman cameo from Green Lantern movie back in 2011.

Its a complete BS reasoning. Audiences are much more smart than the film Producers of the industry think.

If anything the film Producers are the stupid fools that have no clue what they are doing.

P.S. Would like to see an Ayer cut of the SS.

And, it's made $11.6 M from Bluray and DVD sales in US.

Good. I hope it makes some bank through non-BO sources to show WB that there was merit to making this.

It’s Fathers Day here in the UK tomorrow and my eldest kid demanded he give me my presents tonight. One of which was the Blu Ray for Birds of Prey, I’m looking forward to diving into the extras and rewatching the Movie again

Re-watched it the other night, eh it didn't quite stand up to re-watch for me. Still entertaining in parts, and Canary is still awesome. I enjoyed Huntress more this time though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"