Birds of Prey Birds of Prey User Reviews and Ratings Thread

The other problem few fans have is the non linear story telling by Harley in the first act of the movie because Harley's unreliable narrator, had they went with a linear, straight forward approach, perhaps we would have got fewer complaints.

The other problem few fans have is the non linear story telling by Harley in the first act of the movie because Harley's unreliable narrator, had they went with a linear, straight forward approach, perhaps we would have got fewer complaints.

I wondered about this, too. But really, if we remove the scattershot zany focus that reflects Harley's perspective, the movie is really not much more than a tv episode in terms of story. The way Harley narrates it SHOULD be part of its appeal. Otherwise you get just a very generic mcguffin chase.

I mean, you have this huge valuable property and you just give it to someone to carry it in their pocket and stand there in the street? Why had Black Mask not cashed out the Bertinelli fortune already and just carried the diamond about? It makes one wonder if those story bits were changed along the way into blandest version possible. Because really, at the end, even if I really liked most of the performances and a lot of the individual scenes, when you think about it, were we hooked on the story? Did we care about what was going to happen next? Were we worried? I think Black Canary did give me that at times, and that made her one of my favorite parts of the movie, as she was caught against her will in more dangerous situations.

But really, fun as the villains were in their campy excess, I never really bought that Harley could not take them out easily once she managed to corral them without enough extra henchmen around. And that does not make for a very interesting story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"