Bitcoin Era

Probably is the future but is so ridiculously risky rn that it's not worth it. Zero legislation or regulations means you got a chance to be mega rich but more than likely you'll just wind up completely homeless.

Even with the current currency systems which have been developed over thousands of years, we have had economic crashes in the last 20 years severe enough that people were left without bare essential resources which should be literal human right violations to be left without.

And now you wanna tell me I should get into this highly new and volatile new currency system which seemingly becomes the second coming on one day and completely crashes and burns the next day leaving all investment in it completely worthless?

Nah, I'm good.

The trick I have found is to only invest what you can afford to 100% lose and to be prepared to keep a daily eye on the prices of your portfolio.
Luckily I was recently able to cash out all of my crypto.
Only because I had to, needed the money!
Luckily I overall made around £3K profit. Maybe a little more.
Imagine my surprise when I found that less than a month later, the literal bottom has fallen out of the market...

I have nothing but sympathy for those that have gone all in and have seen their money evaporate in a single day.

My advice, FWIW, is to hold onto the the coins. Things will eventually recover.
My original plan was to leave my crypto for 5-7 years and hopefully make an interesting profit.

As I mentioned before, I was in serious need of money a few weeks ago and had to cash out.

I spoke to someone the other day who has been totally hypnotised by this stuff. They really have no clue about money in general and think with the small amounts they are investing they are going to soon be retired as well as buying a house outright without a mortgage after making it big on one of these. To the extent that they are already winding down at work. There must be some serious echo chamber forums people dwell in to get into this state.

The trick I have found is to only invest what you can afford to 100% lose and to be prepared to keep a daily eye on the prices of your portfolio.
Imagine my surprise when I found that less than a month later, the literal bottom has fallen out of the market...

I have nothing but sympathy for those that have gone all in and have seen their money evaporate in a single day.

My original plan was to leave my crypto for 5-7 years and hopefully make an interesting profit.

As I mentioned before, I was in serious need of money a few weeks ago and had to cash out.

Until there is more governmental oversight and regulation, stay out of crypto.

And I would not get too hopeful for a recovery. Look at what it took to regain confidence in the markets after the crashes there. No one is coming to bail out crypto bros.

Pour one out for the Bitcoin Era. 2013—2022.

Note: Yes I know it's been around longer, but it started becoming popular around then.

That’s why God created vacations in Las Vegas

Michael Saylor sued for tax evasion in Washington DC | Forexlive
Bitcoin evangelist Michael Saylor is being sued by the District of Columbia for tax evasion, the DC attorney general reported. His company, Microstrategy, is also being sued for conspiring with him to evade taxes. Shares of the company -- which holds a huge position in bitcoin -- are down 4.5% and at the lowest in six weeks.

Microstrategy is a company that has been turned into a bitcoin investment vehicle.

I bit a coin when I was five years old. I saw someone do it in a movie. In the long run, that made as much sense then as what this thread is talking about does to me now..

That sounds more than a little shady and under the table. So glad I did not invest in crypto.

Last edited:

Generally speaking, its not good when the guy who restructured Enron says FTX's books are worse then Enrons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"