The Avengers Bits you missed/ can't remember/ couldn't hear

I guess I missed the part when Banner has control over the Hulk.

From him to almost killing Black Widow and fighting Thor to destroying the Hellicarrier....all of a sudden he can control the Hulk on the final battle??

He said he's secret is that he is angry all the time and Hulked up with ease.

So was he just being an a*** on the HelliCarrier fighting everyone for the sport of it???

I think the important thing to Banner controlling the Hulk is whether it's a controlled transformation or not. It was never explicitly said, but he can't control it when he Hulks out due to stress and can control it when he induces transformation on his own. So that makes sense.

Banner's secret, beyond the fact that he's "always angry", is that hes been able to control his transformations all along. He had achieved this control long before BW paid him a visit.

Loki's influence caused EVERYONE to "Hulk out" when he was brought aboard the helecarrier (if not before), bringing the teammembers existing paranoia/fear/anger to the surface. Hence all the bickering. When Banner unconsciously picked up Loki's sceptre thingy, he likely got a megadose of this bad mojo, and when this was combined with sudden physical distress, he lost control.

Im still surprised that some folks didnt pick up on Loki putting the "whammy" on everyone on the helecarrier. I thought it was pretty damn explicit. Banner grabbing the scepter was like a neon sign, in case the earlier hints were too subtle. Ive seen it three times though, so maybe im being unfair.

Banner's secret, beyond the fact that he's "always angry", is that hes been able to control his transformations all along. He had achieved this control long before BW paid him a visit.

Loki's influence caused EVERYONE to "Hulk out" when he was brought aboard the helecarrier (if not before), bringing the teammembers existing paranoia/fear/anger to the surface. Hence all the bickering. When Banner unconsciously picked up Loki's sceptre thingy, he likely got a megadose of this bad mojo, and when this was combined with sudden physical distress, he lost control.

Im still surprised that some folks didnt pick up on Loki putting the "whammy" on everyone on the helecarrier. I thought it was pretty damn explicit. Banner grabbing the scepter was like a neon sign, in case the earlier hints were too subtle. Ive seen it three times though, so maybe im being unfair.

No, you're absolelty right. The way the camera weeves in and out of everyone bickering suggests there's something mystical at play. Also, if you notice Tony Stark rubs his heads as if he's getting a headache during that scene while arguing with Cap....Thor's "You people are so tiny.." line was delivered as though he was drunk......etc...

I understood this also like this. It's clear in the moment when they are arguing and the camera shows the sceptre and the picture turns over.

At one point during the argument in Banner's lab, the camera's perspective actually flips upside down behind Loki's scepter and we see it and the arguing heroes all topsy-turvy. Whedon couldn't have made Loki's influence on the other characters' emotions more explicit short of having someone say, "Loki made me do it!" Which, apparently, is the kind of spell-it-out, unsubtle clue a few viewers needed.

Ummm....does anyone have/know the subtitled dialogue from Widow's intro scene (the scene spoken in Russian) and the subtitled dialogue when we first see Banner in India? I can't remember what the subtitles said (in English) and it's been bugging me

If anyone can help out, I'd appreciate it :) (doesn't have to be word for word... rough idea is fine if that's all anyone can remember)

Welll i know Banner's was in reference to the little girl saying her Dad was sick, and Banner saying something like "Like this"...as he pointed to another sick person lying on the bed.

Not so much something that I missed, but more something that I didn't really realize until recently (and just wanted to mention it - figured this would be the best thread for it)

When they get a hit on their face trace of Loki - from the moment Fury says "Captain, you're up" there really isn't major dialogue for about 2 1/2 minutes. Yes, you have the guests at the Opera/museum (whatever) mumuring indistinguishably and later screaming, but until Loki commands them to kneel there is no major dialogue.

I know that's not terribly uncommon (if you have a long fight or action sequence or something), but the way that this was done makes it feel.... different from what might be a typical 2+ min. dialogue-less scene. The way it was filmed, what was actually going on during that time and, I think most importantly of all, the way the music companions and actually helps in driving the visuals. Something about Schubert's "Rosamunde" quartet at the beginning of it before it seamlessly blends into Silvestri's score at the moment that Loki knocks out the bodyguard (?). I realized it's a scene that reminds me quite a bit of the (amazing) Buffy episode "Hush"

Does that make sense? Anywho... I think that sequence is probably among my absolute favorite in the film now (next to the 'tracking shot' from the end of the film that follows the heroes through the city)

So... just thought I'd throw that out there :)

Thanks! If I see it again (twice so far) Ill pay special attention during that sequence.

I just watched CAP:FA and caught the reference between Steve drawing the monkey in Cap, and the monkey reference in Avengers.

The "flying monkeys" comment in The Avengers was not in reference to the drawing from Cap: First Avenger, that was a reference to the movie 'The Wizard Of Oz.' That movie came out in 1939 so Cap was familiar with the flying monkeys from that movie and made the connection to the reference that Fury was making.

Last edited:
Anyone mention this full exchange?

Are you all really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D monitors potential threats.
Bruce Banner: Captain America is on potential threat watch list?
Tony Stark: [to rogers] You're on that list? Are you above or below angry bees?
Steve Rogers: I swear to God, Stark, one more crack...
Tony Stark: Threatening! I feel threatened!

I heard the "Threatening! I feel threatened!" line from RDJ but it took forever to pick up the stuff about the bees.

The "flying monkeys" comment in The Avengers was not in reference to the drawing from Cap: First Avenger, that was a reference to the movie 'The Wizard Of Oz.' That movie came out in 1939 so Cap was familiar with the flying monkeys from that movie and made the connection to the reference that Fury was making.

That's a joke I liked. :up:

That's a joke I liked. :up:
Me too, I thought it was well written in a way where Cap never says it's from the 'Wizard Of Oz' and Whedon just simply let the audience get the joke without spelling it out. Obviously the reference went over a few peoples head (the younger audience) but the audience who he intended to get the joke... got it, which makes it that much more funny because we all "got it" right there alongside Cap.

Me too, I thought it was well written in a way where Cap never says it's from the 'Wizard Of Oz' and Whedon just simply let the audience get the joke without spelling it out. Obviously the reference went over a few peoples head (the younger audience) but the audience who he intended to get the joke... got it, which makes it that much more funny because we all "got it" right there alongside Cap.

Absolutely. Fits the character perfectly. Depicts his nostalgia for his long gone time.

I don't know if it's already been answered,but did Thor know that the Tesseract was on top of Stark Tower?I can't remember this bit.

I don't know if it's already been answered,but did Thor know that the Tesseract was on top of Stark Tower?I can't remember this bit.
You mean after he was dropped from the helicarrier how did he know to go to NY? at that point, I don't believe he knew where it was exactly. It's not explained in the film, so my personal opinion *stands on opinion box* is that I think he found his way there after getting up into the air, probably seeing the portal from a distance and just followed it to the tower. If that makes sense (it's not quite 5:30am where I am... so my brain isn't fully awake yet :oldrazz: *lol*)

It was so obvious from the second they said it needed a large amount of energy to work, it pissed me off that all the heroes were too stupid to figure it out

You mean after he was dropped from the helicarrier how did he know to go to NY? at that point, I don't believe he knew where it was exactly. It's not explained in the film, so my personal opinion *stands on opinion box* is that I think he found his way there after getting up into the air, probably seeing the portal from a distance and just followed it to the tower. If that makes sense (it's not quite 5:30am where I am... so my brain isn't fully awake yet :oldrazz: *lol*)

lol that's exactly my conclusion,but they could've explained it a bit better.

Anyone mention this full exchange?

Are you all really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D monitors potential threats.
Bruce Banner: Captain America is on potential threat watch list?
Tony Stark: [to rogers] You're on that list? Are you above or below angry bees?
Steve Rogers: I swear to God, Stark, one more crack...
Tony Stark: Threatening! I feel threatened!

I heard the "Threatening! I feel threatened!" line from RDJ but it took forever to pick up the stuff about the bees.

That's the whole exchange?! That's pretty f'n hilarious...

He calls Clint Barton, Legolas (Nicholas Legolas from The Hobbit" right after Captain shouts out the directions/plan to win. Just after Hulk smashes the armored Chatari dragons in the face

I rewatched Avengers and noticed something I hadn't before -- as Loki leaves the Tessaract room he doubles over in pain as if he was injured and then again as he gets in the SUV. Did anybody else notice this and how was he injured.

I rewatched Avengers and noticed something I hadn't before -- as Loki leaves the Tessaract room he doubles over in pain as if he was injured and then again as he gets in the SUV. Did anybody else notice this and how was he injured.
Quite a few noticed back when the movie came out. As for the how? Back around when the movie came out there were some interviews with Tom (some if may have been from set interview stuff) where he mentions that, before filming began, he and Joss sat down and talked about the backstory of what had happened to Loki between letting go at the end of Thor and when we first see him in Avengers. Tom breaks it down simply saying that, during that year between films, that Loki's "sort of been to the seventh circle of bad place and back"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"