The Avengers Bits you missed/ can't remember/ couldn't hear

On my fourth viewing I caught how Hawkeye was searching for his next target before even shooting the arrow at his primary target lol.
Yeah, I think I came up with at least four times that Hawkeye was not looking at what he was shooting at (or, perhaps more accurately, he wasn't looking in the direction that his arrow was currently pointing... when he fires at the engine on the helicarrier, he turns his gaze towards the engine even though his arrow is pointed slightly off to account for the wind). The helicarrier (that I just mentioned), once on the ground (I think) with Widow during the Budapest line, and then at least twice on the roof.

Yeah, I think I came up with at least four times that Hawkeye was not looking at what he was shooting at (or, perhaps more accurately, he wasn't looking in the direction that his arrow was currently pointing... when he fires at the engine on the helicarrier, he turns his gaze towards the engine even though his arrow is pointed slightly off to account for the wind). The helicarrier (that I just mentioned), once on the ground (I think) with Widow during the Budapest line, and then at least twice on the roof.

Yeah, the one scene I specifically saw was after Hawkeye tells Stark that the alien spacecraft can't bank worth a damn there's a nice sweeping shot when he's circling and tracking a target with his bow but he's not even looking at his primary target. He's looking for his next target to shoot. I don't know how I missed it the first three times. I must have been looking at the arrow and not his face lol.

Yeah, the one scene I specifically saw was after Hawkeye tells Stark that the alien spacecraft can't bank worth a damn there's a nice sweeping shot when he's circling and tracking a target with his bow but he's not even looking at his primary target. He's looking for his next target to shoot. I don't know how I missed it the first three times. I must have been looking at the arrow and not his face lol.

Hawkeye's feats in The Avengers made him appear to be superhuman. He was making shots that normal archers could never hit. When he shot an alien that was behind him, in mid-flight, without looking, it was clearly an impossible shot unless his senses are enhanced in some way. That sky-cycle was too far behind Hawkeye for him to have seen it in his peripheral vision. The only other explanation is that either he heard it and could make the shot based on sound alone, or he has some (superhuman?) ability that allows him to be so uncannily accurate.

Hawkeye's feats in The Avengers made him appear to be superhuman. He was making shots that normal archers could never hit. When he shot an alien that was behind him, in mid-flight, without looking, it was clearly an impossible shot unless his senses are enhanced in some way. That sky-cycle was too far behind Hawkeye for him to have seen it in his peripheral vision. The only other explanation is that either he heard it and could make the shot based on sound alone, or he has some (superhuman?) ability that allows him to be so uncannily accurate.
Or it's possible he saw it's reflection in the window of a building across from him? (just throwing out another possibility)

After 9 viewings of The Avengers in theaters (some people say I'm crazy... about that movie yeah for sure), I just realized that Captain America chopped one of the alien's arm with his shield. You can actually see the severed arm falling on the ground. Never noticed that before. Thought he just disarmed the alien (I can see a potential pun here :woot:)

Cap's pretty hardcore :word:

Nope. In fact, if you watch the interview on the red carpet with Jeremy Renner for the Avengers world premiere, he admits specifically that it isn't real archery at all but completely comic bookish. He adds that any proper archer would wonder what kind of archery he's doing because he's hitting shots that he shouldn't be able to hit without even looking.

Which is fine. So let's stop taking the fun out of Hawkeye's archery skills by discussing the "realism" of it in a comic book film with a man who can turn into a angry green rage monster and aliens.

Which is fine. So let's stop taking the fun out of Hawkeye's archery skills by discussing the "realism" of it in a comic book film with a man who can turn into a angry green rage monster and aliens.

How is discussing Hawkeye's abilities taking the fun out of it? If you want to see major examples of that, just go read the "What people hated...." thread. It's full of people picking apart the film for the flimsiest of reasons.

What I was getting at was that Hawkeye in the film seems to have skills that are closer to the Ultimate version of the character than to the mainstream 616 one. It would be intriguing if in the sequels they revealed that Clint's senses were artificially enhanced. Not that I am eager to see them change Hawkeye from "badass normal" to superhuman, but I would be interested to see where they might go with that.

At the Coulson Thread someone mentioned that Stark says a line that hints at LMDs. Could you guys tell me what that line was?

At the Coulson Thread someone mentioned that Stark says a line that hints at LMDs. Could you guys tell me what that line was?

"Hello, you've reached the Life Model Decoy of Tony Stark. Please leave a message." Said to Agent Coulson when he called Tony trying to get in to see him at Stark Tower.

Ah, you're right, I even remember that line, but seeing that I don't know the comics it didn't strike me as a reference.

Thanks!:up:

I still can't catch Banner's line about Captain America during the scene where all of the characters are arguing back and forth. Something about him being a threat.

Also, what is the rest of Loki's line to the Chitauri that begins with "I don't threaten, but until I open the portal, until your army is mine to command...-"?

I still can't catch Banner's line about Captain America during the scene where all of the characters are arguing back and forth. Something about him being a threat.

Also, what is the rest of Loki's line to the Chitauri that begins with "I don't threaten, but until I open the portal, until your army is mine to command...-"?
I *think* he says "you are but words." (I think that's actually one section that I really need the glorious subtitles on DVD/Blu-Ray for...something about that scene is kind of difficult) Anywho, I think what he means by that (assuming that's what he says) is that since the Loki that's talking is just one of his reflections/projections (since the real Loki is still sitting on Earth in whatever compound Hawkeye found for them), The Other really can't do anything to him until the portal is open.

If that makes sense... it might not :huh:

As far as I can remember, Banner said "Since when is Captain America a threat". He referred to Natashas answer "SHIELD observes potential threats" after Fury tried to justify the production of weapons.

i had already done my 4th viewing of TA but i am surprised that i missed the part when at the end of thor v hulk fight, as the jet showed up and started firing, hulk got much angrier and u can see his muscles growing more and get bulkier...
i caught this in a tv spot

It wasn't until repeat viewings that I got to pick up little things like Loki's wheezing after the Hulk thrashed him, as well as the full range of Hulk's voice immediately following.

I also didn't notice that Tony said something along the lines of "Call it, Cap." right before Captain America laid out the attack plan. I think I was geeking out too hard from the ridiculously awesome group pan shot previously.

It wasn't until repeat viewings that I got to pick up little things like Loki's wheezing after the Hulk thrashed him, as well as the full range of Hulk's voice immediately following.

I also didn't notice that Tony said something along the lines of "Call it, Cap." right before Captain America laid out the attack plan. I think I was geeking out too hard from the ridiculously awesome group pan shot previously.

It was actually, "Call it Captain" "Call it Cap" would have sounded better.

I noticed that Bruce called Cap, 'Steve' throughout the movie, until the final battle when he reveals his secret, then he calls him 'Captain'.

The 4th time, I noticed that Selvig is in the scene at the end before Thor and Loki return to Asgard. He's the one that hands Banner the glass case, and Banner puts the cube in the case that Loki and Thor hold onto.

Ha, I brought this up in my last post in here too, J. :hehe::up:
After seeing the movie again I just realized Iron Man blurts out "Call it Cap." just before Captain America gives out the orders for everyone during the last battle.

I personally think it's better without the "Call it Cap." line.

When Stark and Banner are talking about the iridium on the helicarrier, one of them mentions being able to break through some sort of barrier. Anybody know what barrier they were talking about? It sounded like "cooling" or "coolant". But in my fanboy wishing, I thought it almost sounded like he said the K'un L'un barrier.

He said coulomb barrier, it's explained at Wikipedia, some kind of particle physic.

Went again last night, one bit I still have trouble hearing, in the wishbone lab Tony says to Cap:

"Of the people in this room which one is a.) wearing a 'spangly' outfit and b.) not a ________"

Can't quite catch what he says there, sounds like fuse referring to Banner's anger management?

How is discussing Hawkeye's abilities taking the fun out of it? If you want to see major examples of that, just go read the "What people hated...." thread. It's full of people picking apart the film for the flimsiest of reasons.

What I was getting at was that Hawkeye in the film seems to have skills that are closer to the Ultimate version of the character than to the mainstream 616 one. It would be intriguing if in the sequels they revealed that Clint's senses were artificially enhanced. Not that I am eager to see them change Hawkeye from "badass normal" to superhuman, but I would be interested to see where they might go with that.

I agree with this. Ditto for bw.

Went again last night, one bit I still have trouble hearing, in the wishbone lab Tony says to Cap:

"Of the people in this room which one is a.) wearing a 'spangly' outfit and b.) not a ________"

Can't quite catch what he says there, sounds like fuse referring to Banner's anger management?

I'm quite sure Tony says "not of use". He is a bit annoyed about Steve here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"