Black Adam set to premiere in 2021

frankgutz

ᴅᴄ & ᴅᴀʀᴋ ʜᴏʀꜱᴇ
Reaction score
The Rock just posted in his IG a tease for Black Adam, is coming 12.22.2020 which also means we are getting 3 DC films in 2021: Batman, Balck Adam & Suicide Squad.

EJWWvD-XYAEgEx-

The Rock just posted in his IG a tease for Black Adam, is coming 12.22.2020 which also means we are getting 3 DC films in 2021: Batman, Balck Adam & Suicide Squad.

EJWWvD-XYAEgEx-
He looks great and hopefully that will be a killer year.

This has a really good chance of hitting 1B. It’s a lock if we get a great trailer and decent reviews.

Same day as Wicked and Sherlock Holmes 3.

Warners dropped Sherlock Holmes 3 from the 2021 slate altogether. Black Adam is going head-to-head with Avatar 2.

I wouldn’t be so quick to call Black Adam a slam dunk $1 billion blockbuster. We have to see how people spark to Jungle Cruise next year and see whether WB made a mistake or a stroke of genius.

I don't know if this is the right forum to post fan casting, but Alexander Skarsgard for Carter Hol/Hall Hawkman if he is in this movie.

7557c-1fnf0ztdvnrwupcndbu3d7q.webp

I mean he already played a noble savage once.

I'm all game for this; it's been a damn long time coming, though I do wonder what theme it's going to have. Will Dwayne's version of Adam be an antihero, helping his people? Will he be a villain to another hero (Hawkman/Hawkgirl - and later Shazam) are will they follow the Joker route and have him a pure villain, and this film being unassociated with the DCEU.

Just wonder who the 'villain' will be and I hope they don't turn BA into some noble hero but will keep an open mind.

I was hoping it'd be about his fall from grace, the noble champion letting his pride corrupt him into a cruel tyrant, a cautionary tale.
But it sounds like their going for more of a Dirty Harry idea.

I don't know if this is the right forum to post fan casting, but Alexander Skarsgard for Carter Hol/Hall Hawkman if he is in this movie.

7557c-1fnf0ztdvnrwupcndbu3d7q.webp

I mean he already played a noble savage once.

This would be awesome. Skarsgard is one dude who looks like he could hold his own against the Rock.

So Eh Maybe has the inside scoop on the casting list for BA's love interest?

If they are using Isis, I expect they'll change her name
backdrop-1920.jpg
I don't like the idea of changing historical / mythological names just because in current climate they are considered controversial.

backdrop-1920.jpg
I don't like the idea of changing historical / mythological names just because in current climate they are considered controversial.

Neither do I, but I struggle to imagine the WB execs will be courageous, they wouldn't let Captain Marvel use his name.

Neither do I, but I struggle to imagine the WB execs will be courageous, they wouldn't let Captain Marvel use his name.
Well, in case of Captain Marvel name there's also the legal issue, but I think you are right, WB may not use it.

Well, in case of Captain Marvel name there's also the legal issue, but I think you are right, WB may not use it.
My understand is that DC can call the character Captain Marvel, they just can't use it as the title of the book/film.
Thunderworld by Grant Morrsion and Cameron Stewart came out after the legal decision, but they were still able to use the names Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Junior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"