Shazam Black Adam spin off with The Rock

ROFL. DC keep greenlighting films but can't manage to do well with what they've got. DC don't even have a director for The Flash and they need to start production ASAP if they want to make the release date.

"WB is afraid of ALL their other DC characters! They have no plan and only make Batman and Superman movies! ISN'T IT TIME FOR THE OTHERS?!?!?! DAMN YOU DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!"

"WB is afraid of ALL their other DC characters! They have no plan and only make Batman and Superman movies! ISN'T IT TIME FOR THE OTHERS?!?!?! DAMN YOU DCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!"

True :hehe:

Between Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam/Black Adam, DC has a lot of properties based around Greek mythology.

I wonder if they'll use that as a way to connect everything

Now its

"boo deadshot solo, Sirens, etc, focus on the MOS sequel and Flash movie!"

now its

"boo deadshot solo, sirens, etc, focus on the mos sequel and flash movie!"

"When is The Batman coming out?!?!!? I want Batman and Superman to have their own trilogies nom nom nom!"

Let's not act like these criticisms never carried any validity.

He isn't, just pointing out the hypocrisy from what I can tell.

Talk about a deflection :funny:

So, Black Adam.

Since the Rock is such a huge movie star these days it's obvious why they're doing this. I hope they have a proper story line or else it'll be the same old with DC.

Not really. I just don't want to get into yet another pissing contest about something as trivial as who said what. That's not what I'm here for.

But I digress. Black Adam.

Since the Rock is such a huge movie star these days it's obvious why they're doing this. I hope they have a proper story line or else it'll be the same old with DC.

That and because a Shazam! origin wouldn't do the Black Adam character justice (no pun). He'd come off as one dimensional in that scenario. Establishing him separately gives casuals and audience members a chance to get to know him before setting him up to fight Billy.

That and because a Shazam! origin wouldn't do the Black Adam character justice (no pun). He'd come off as one dimensional in that scenario. Establishing him separately gives casuals and audience members a chance to get to know him before setting him up to fight Billy.

As long as they make a good story i'm okay with this. The Rock is too likable to just be a generic villain! I'm happy that DC is trying things with other characters. I just hope i'm not disappointed!

Well people can't complain about DC only making Superman/Batman movies anymore! I'm curious to see what the DCEU slate looks like honestly. It seems so much has changed!

I hope they announce an updated slate at CC.

Yeah, I'm fully anticipating that they're going to go with Black Adam's more modern incarnations for the movies. Modern Adam isn't a full-blown supervillain these days. He's more morally complex and he often does have fairly good intentions.

I like to say that Adam isn't really a villain at all. He's a hero whose definition of "justice" just happens to be about 5000 years out of date. In his time, he would've been viewed as very heroic by many. It's just that his particular brand of heroism doesn't really "work" in this day and age.

So, yeah, if they go that route, it'll be very easy to do a spinoff movie for him. He's a great character and exploring his moral complexity would be very fun for a movie.

Hope they bring in Isis for his movie as well. Although, they MAY want to change up her name a bit, since we don't want her associated with a certain real-world terrorist organization.

They have to. I can't imagine them not doing it. It's good this way. I don't think improvisation is bad. It's gotta be controlled chaos though.

Somethings take longer than expected and others line up perfectly. I feel like WB isn't so much panicking as they are going with the flow. They'll only begin panicking when the pockets hurt, but it seems with Johns in a leadership position they are finding their voice and one that people are responding to without discarding Snyder's contributions.

How do you make a movie for a superhero villain before you make a movie about that superhero? Literally because the Rock is attached :funny:

Yeah, I'm fully anticipating that they're going to go with Black Adam's more modern incarnations for the movies. Modern Adam isn't a full-blown supervillain these days. He's more morally complex and he often does have fairly good intentions.

I like to say that Adam isn't really a villain at all. He's a hero whose definition of "justice" just happens to be about 5000 years out of date. In his time, he would've been viewed as very heroic by many. It's just that his particular brand of heroism doesn't really "work" in this day and age.

So, yeah, if they go that route, it'll be very easy to do a spinoff movie for him. He's a great character and exploring his moral complexity would be very fun for a movie.

Hope they bring in Isis for his movie as well. Although, they MAY want to change up her name a bit, since we don't want her associated with a certain real-world terrorist organization.

Don't remind me. When these ****ers started popping up in the news I started cringing. I'm a big mythology buff and I thought that a bunch of crazy fundies holed up in a bunch of caves don't deserve the honor.

Yeah, uh why would you give the power of a word to a group of people like that?

Yay. Another film that'll sit "in development" for five years.

Yay. Another film that'll sit "in development" for five years.
I don't think it will. I think there is now a real chance Shazam doesn't get made, but they will "fast track" this. Anything they are announcing has a better chance of being made imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"