Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aunt May referencing Superman in Spider-Man 2.
Actually, that was in Spider-Man 1.
glasses-finger.gif

Across the Spider-Verse is the only CBM or tv show I'm looking forward to next year. Everything else I can take or leave, I don't think anything coming up is overly exciting or worth caring a lot about.

Daredevil’s a funny one because I am looking forward to it, but I also have this gnawing suspicion that there’s just no way it will live up to expectations set by the original show. Even though my preferred DD is Mark Waid’s and I think there’s a good chance that will be their main inspiration for this one…I thought the same about Hawkeye with Matt Fraction’s actual involvement and it still didn’t really capture that Fraction vibe enough for me despite my general enjoyment. So while I am looking forward to seeing Matt back, I just can’t get hyped for it. Now if they actually get around to announcing Karen and Foggy, I’ll probably get a little hyped just to see my trio back together again, but yeah it’s a strange one.

Yeah you know what Flick, I am starting to scale back expectations for Daredevil a bit because i dont think there is a realistic chance it hits those same highs of the original series. Its not going to be allowed to delve into the same heavy grit and pathos that the netflix series did which made it so engaging and adult. It was such hood counter programming to the theatrical Marvel stuff.

BUT, nonetheless as long as Cox and D’Onofrio are playing the roles I suspect it’ll still be solid and probably be one of the better MCU offerings on Disney +, if not the best.

Across the Spider-Verse is the only CBM or tv show I'm looking forward to next year. Everything else I can take or leave, I don't think anything coming up is overly exciting or worth caring a lot about.

That's sad

Daredevil’s a funny one because I am looking forward to it, but I also have this gnawing suspicion that there’s just no way it will live up to expectations set by the original show. Even though my preferred DD is Mark Waid’s and I think there’s a good chance that will be their main inspiration for this one…I thought the same about Hawkeye with Matt Fraction’s actual involvement and it still didn’t really capture that Fraction vibe enough for me despite my general enjoyment. So while I am looking forward to seeing Matt back, I just can’t get hyped for it. Now if they actually get around to announcing Karen and Foggy, I’ll probably get a little hyped just to see my trio back together again, but yeah it’s a strange one.

I agree on DD though, it seems like it will be very, very difficult for it to live up to the expectations created by the Netflix show. I think it'll be more accepted and enjoyed than season 2 maybe, but Season 1 is such a masterpiece it's a tall order to live up to that. And with 18 episodes? I'm hoping its 3 six-episode arcs ranging from Mark Waid type fun adventurous DD, to Shadowland and some of the darker more mystical stuff

I have to agree also. I haven't seen DD Season 3 yet but Season 1 was about as perfect as I would expect a superhero show to be. I loved Season 2 as well, especially the interplay between Matt and Frank. If the Marvelized version approaches that level of quality, I'll be happy...

I'm sure the new show will be gritty by MCU standards - the odd bloody nose or **** bomb thrown in here and there - but I'm definitely not expecting any car door decapitations this time around...

Picture it: Cavill comes back in a box office bomb, just to tangle with Iron Luthor in a new Superman movie. That would be the swerve of the YEAR.

Would explain all the cancellations and mass layoffs, that would free up the budget to keep Downey in a multi-film contract LOL.

I have to agree also. I haven't seen DD Season 3 yet but Season 1 was about as perfect as I would expect a superhero show to be. I loved Season 2 as well, especially the interplay between Matt and Frank. If the Marvelized version approaches that level of quality, I'll be happy...

I'm sure the new show will be gritty by MCU standards - the odd bloody nose or **** bomb thrown in here and there - but I'm definitely not expecting any car door decapitations this time around...
Oh you watched them both now? Nice work! Get on that season 3 if you haven't already. :cwink:

I'm so stoked to get a DD show in the MCU taking advantage of the excellence of the Neftlix show. Even if it isn't quite as good but gets anywhere close I'll be very happy.

I have little hope for Disney Daredevil. Not only was the Netflix series great, it was the one show they produced that really suited the budget and format. The others always seemed more strained, stretched out and unable to deliver on their characters' abilities, whereas Daredevil never needed more than a dark alley or hallway. I don't imagine there will be much benefit from more money, especially weighed against the many drawbacks of the Disney+ formula so far. Greatly concerned about the quality of writing, the structure and the tone. Hell, as a fan of the stripped down fights from before, I have doubts the action will even be as appealing to me.

Would love to be proven wrong. Hope there's plenty of returning cast getting their well-earned cheques.

At least we still have the 3 amazing Netflix seasons so I don't mind getting something a little different. Seeing Matt again was so amazing even outside of his usual background and tone, that I think in his own show with a grittier backdrop it will work fine even if not as hardcore as the Netflix show.

Picture it: Cavill comes back in a box office bomb, just to tangle with Iron Luthor in a new Superman movie. That would be the swerve of the YEAR.

Would explain all the cancellations and mass layoffs, that would free up the budget to keep Downey in a multi-film contract LOL.

I would be so down for this kind of recasting for a RDJ Luthor facing off against Cavill. Too bad Robert is too expensive (and set for life after four Avengers movies). Nor do I see him joining another CBM franchise this soon after Endgame.

At least we still have the 3 amazing Netflix seasons so I don't mind getting something a little different. Seeing Matt again was so amazing even outside of his usual background and tone, that I think in his own show with a grittier backdrop it will work fine even if not as hardcore as the Netflix show.
The good thing about shows is getting more time to explore a good plot and characters. :)

Imagine us being so apprehensive over Disney Daredevil, and they actually give us Shadowland.

I'd be a happy camper... I think.

Imagine us being so apprehensive over Disney Daredevil, and they actually give us Shadowland.

I'd be a happy camper... I think.

I think the track record speaks for itself.

The mere fact they are promoting it as Matt and Kingping, and not Matt, Foggy, and Karen, is already a big red flag for me.

And to be quite honest, going right back to Kingpin is an issue for me. I've seen what happens when a show gets too attached to a single villain.

I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for The Marvels. The anticipation has been bubbling since the end of WandaVision.

They really are making us wait until the summer to see how this all goes down.

8c5085236f4a328674ecf4d0e7de357e6122e696.gif
So looking forward to The Marvels. I think it's going to be a good blend of characters and a lot of fun. I'd like to get a separate Cap Marvel 2 if that's possible too.

Spider-verse, The Marvels, and The Batman 2 are the three that really have my attention. Shazam's trailer also looked very fun though, so interested in that. Also interested in seeing it make more than Black Adam ideally. :o And I hope Aquaman 2 is dumb fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"