Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know something I just realized.

I mean I begrudgingly enjoyed the Guardians one, but we really got robbed of a Yelena/Kate Bishop Holiday Special. Picture it: the two of them having a fun Christmas adventure with Kate showing Yelena around the city, then they have to fight some supervillain all the while hilarity ensuing?

giphy.gif

Kevin Feige, you're a coward.
This can still happen. :D The Hawkeye show was Xmas last year so makes sense for Guardians this year, especially with them and Gunn being on the way out. Kate and Yelena hopefully have a very long way to go in the MCU with paths crossing many times to recreate what we saw of them together in the show.

Oh you watched them both now? Nice work! Get on that season 3 if you haven't already. :cwink:

I'm so stoked to get a DD show in the MCU taking advantage of the excellence of the Neftlix show. Even if it isn't quite as good but gets anywhere close I'll be very happy.

Actually I watched the first two seasons a couple years ago so the specifics are a bit hazy. I just remember enjoying the **** out of both seasons though...

I definitely think a rewatch is in order :cwink:

Actually I watched the first two seasons a couple years ago so the specifics are a bit hazy. I just remember enjoying the **** out of both seasons though...

I definitely think a rewatch is in order :cwink:
Oh maybe I got you confused with someone else lol. This show is the easiest recommend for watching/rewatching, even to friends who don’t watch comic stuff.

I wonder if Dwayne will barge into random Shazam screenings just so he can rant and rave at the audience?

"Where were y'all when Black Adam was playing?!"

Speaking of which, when does the Re-Release Black Adam campaign start?

We all know it's coming...

I wonder if Dwayne will barge into random Shazam screenings just so he can rant and rave at the audience?

"Where were y'all when Black Adam was playing?!"

Speaking of which, when does the Re-Release Black Adam campaign start?

We all know it's coming...

For an extra $19.99 when you order Black Adam on demand, Dwayne Johnson will kick down the door of your house and deliver a rant about how the hierarchy of power in the DC Universe is about to change.

You know, i'm wondering if Black Adam would've worked a bit better had Dwayne not played him so stoically and injected a bit of personality into him. Correct me if i'm wrong but the Black Adam from the comics that I've read is more of a smirky, gleefully villanous type of dude. Obviously they didnt want Adam to be capital E Evil in his own movie but maybe if Dwayne...or maybe another type of action star like Statham could have given him more of a smirky, pompous, badass attitude and delivered some of those cringey lines with a winky smile.

Maybe.

You know, i'm wondering if Black Adam would've worked a bit better had Dwayne not played him so stoically and injected a bit of personality into him. Correct me if i'm wrong but the Black Adam from the comics that I've read is more of a smirky, gleefully villanous type of dude. Obviously they didnt want Adam to be capital E Evil in his own movie but maybe if Dwayne...or maybe another type of action star like Statham could have given him more of a smirky, pompous, badass attitude and delivered some of those cringey lines with a winky smile.

Maybe.

Dwayne should’ve played BA like an evil version of Hobbs.

On an unrelated note, La La Land Records is releasing Elfman’s complete Spider-Man score as a 3-CD release, preorders start 3 pm EST and ship on 12/5.

I hope this means we get a legit release of Christopher Young’s Spider-Man 3.

I just think forcing Black Adam into a major role doesn't fit in whatever WB is trying to do. Not that I get what they are trying to do.

I think how he played Black Adam would have been fine....opposite a more comedic character like, I don't know.....SHAZAM!!!!

I don’t know a ton about either character, and I haven’t seen BA, but this feels right to me. I have a feeling Johnson absorbed a bunch of content that specifically featured Adam as a Captain Marvel villain, but didn’t understand - and didn’t hire people who understood - that Adam’s stoic, no nonsense attitude worked well in those contexts because of the juxtaposition with the literal child across from him.

Could just be talking out of my ass, tho. :oldrazz:

Gosh, it’s really been five years? Feels like it was only yesterday when I first saw this trailer and was blown away by the event that this promised.

Mega-hype moment for me. Still sad that that final shot of the trailer (including Hulk outside the Hulkbuster) didn’t make it into the film.

Gosh, it’s really been five years? Feels like it was only yesterday when I first saw this trailer and was blown away by the event that this promised.

It still astonishes me that THE money shot of the trailer wasn't in the movie. It's also wild that it pops up multiple times in the top results if you Google Image search "Infinity War" five years later and four and a half years after it was revealed that it wasn't in the final film.

It still astonishes me that THE money shot of the trailer wasn't in the movie. It's also wild that it pops up multiple times in the top results if you Google Image search "Infinity War" five years later and four and a half years after it was revealed that it wasn't in the final film.
Would have been one of my favourite MCU moments. Was so frustrating given that shot to then see Banner not even get out of the Hulkbuster in the film.

Having Bruce hulk out in the Hulkbuster during the Wakanda battle would have been a tremendous audience cheer moment. I cant believe they cut it. The Russos said they cut it because they didnt want too many “high” moments as it was building to a dark ending. Which…ok i guess?

That Hulkbuster moment should have happened. The Hulk persona being so afraid of Thanos that he didn't show up again after the first five minutes of the movie is maybe my biggest issue with Infinity War. Since when is Hulk afraid of anyone or anything just because they beat his ass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"