1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

The ballot is here! Voting will end Feb. 4th!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Black Adam vs. Black Panther vs. Black Morbius: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 59

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by flickchick85, Nov 23, 2022.

1. kguillou Registered

I think we are long overdue for Hulk to become HULK again as he’a gotten progressively worse since Infinity War.

2. Drizzle Registered

I like Smart Hulk but I didn't like that he never had any kind of rematch with Thanos. I guess undoing what he did and snapping everyone back into existence is good enough but it would have been cool to see him walk out with Tony, Steve and Thor to confront Thanos at the start of the battle.

3. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

It's an extensive battlefield scene so plenty of room for Hulk to do that as one of the scenes of the battle without overshadowing other events (we got Hulkbuster instead anyway). Important for his own story development too - instead his setup was never paid off and then we jumped to Professor Hulk off screen! Makes little sense when we get Thor's entrance which is one of the best "high" MCU moments at the same time and still successfully move to a dark ending without it being thrown off by that at all. Love the film overall, but the Russos stuffed up on this element, at least for my preferences.

4. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (she/her)

Zach Levi challenges Black Adam to something childish and The Rock takes it super serious in a Snyderverse edge lord way.

metaphysician likes this.
  5. Boy Scout Registered

You couldn’t possibly mean…?

FBDE286A-C48A-4575-8A1D-C4EC062D0791.gif

6. Detective Conan Registered

Today would’ve been Kevin Conroy’s 67th birthday. Happy birthday and rest well. We will never forget you.

7. Deck Rickard #HeadlessSuperman

This reminds me of a conversation I was having with someone the other day. Does it bother anyone else when trailers feature stuff that doesn’t end up in the movie? Some things aren’t a big deal but when they literally end a trailer on an epic money shot and then don’t include it in the movie, that really annoys me. The best (worst) example I can think of was the trailer for Cliffhanger wayyyy back in the early 90s; it featured this epic shot of Stallone trying to jump from one cliff to another and then it wasn’t actually in the movie. There was a similar scene but not the same one. It was especially egregious because the (not used) shot was even featured on movie posters!

8. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I understand they might have good reasons for it (not always though!) and that the film isn’t finished at the time, but I don’t like it. Want to feel that what I’ve seen in a trailer is banked and a guarantee of getting certain things that I know from it.

9. Batgirl0202 Registered

Hell, I don't even like it when songs are featured in movies that don't make it onto the soundtrack :D

10. squeekness The mighty squeek!

:funny:

Batgirl0202 likes this.
  11. Deck Rickard #HeadlessSuperman

Ha! Yeah I know what you mean on that one. Minor gripe about James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad… he used the Steely Dan classic Dirty Work in the trailer but I don’t think it’s ever used in the actual movie! And that’s a shame because that song is great and tonally fits the film.

12. Drizzle Registered

Gunn did the same thing with "Spirit in the Sky" for the Guardians 1 trailer and it never showed up in the movie although it was oddly on the soundtrack. He did it again with "Suffragette City" in one of the Vol. 2 TV spots and that didn't show up in the movie or soundtrack.
    That used to annoy me a lot more before the dawning of MP3s where if you liked a song from a movie that wasn't on that soundtrack, you'd have to track down whatever band's CD that song came from.

13. The Batman The Dark Knight

I'm hoping 2023 is a pleasantly surprising year for superhero films. This year was pretty "eh", except for The Batman.

14. Detective Conan Registered

15. Boy Scout Registered

Yeah, okay. That 10-year plan better be solid if they think they can pull off Kingdom Come. And look, not to be morbid, but unless things have changed (possible), I don’t think it’s the wisest plan to put a good chunk of your eggs in Michael’s Keaton’s 70-year-old basket.

16. DocLathropBrown The Man with the Hat is Back

They may not be planning for Kingdom Come to be at the end of the 10 year plan. Hell, with how much film bends the adaptation of comics to their will, it may not even be considered an end. As of now, the only piece in place for KC is Keaton being the DCEU's temporary Batman, and it could easily be retrofitted into a film that's a goodbye for him alone. Perhaps it'll even be used as a Crisis-style soft reboot in a few years just to merge in the Reevesverse when his planned trilogy is over?

The only thing we know for sure is this means Keaton isn't finished with the cape and cowl yet. Take that, haters :o

17. Kane52630 BATMOBILE USER

[​IMG]

18. Boy Scout Registered

The only way that works is if it’s KC in name only.

So they either spend a tremendous amount of time and effort to allow the Batman they brought back for no reason to gracefully exit or they completely reconfigure a story they don’t have to adapt to do the exact opposite of what it did in the source material.

*slaps knee* I may as well declare bankruptcy right now! :oldrazz:

19. DocLathropBrown The Man with the Hat is Back

Infinity War and Age of Ultron were adaptations in-name-only. It happens. It's not like The Flash is really adapting "Flashpoint" all that closely. You can still capture the main point of what the story was about while changing details of the setup/sequence of events from your source material. I wouldn't consider that a bad thing.

Well, they had a fair reason to bring Keaton back. Adding Batman made The Flash finally enter production, and using that movie to soft-reset the universe to course-correct the DCEU made absolute sense. Doing like the comic and using Thomas Wayne, though, would have made no impact on the wider audience, so bringing back a previous Batman for that adventure makes total sense--they were limited to Bale or Keaton for returns that would matter to anybody, and it doesn't seem Bale was game for it.

I'm sure, if there hadn't been an issue with Affleck not wanting to stick around, they wouldn't have had to make the decision to have Keaton take over for the foreseeable future. But the circumstance of a competing Batman made the entire thing a s***show to begin with. This could have all been avoided in the DCEU hadn't been kicked off with a TDKR-style Bruce, or if Reeves had been willing to make his Batman movie fit within the existing universe.

Granted, I'm not complaining. A chance to see Keaton come back and interact with a wider DC universe is more than I could have hoped for, and I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. :word:

Batgirl0202 and Boy Scout like this.
  20. Ninjablade Law and Order

Gunn's tweets are slowly entering The Rock territory where I feel inconvenienced by seeing them :o

Sithborg, Snow Queen and Shinobi Shaw like this.
  21. kguillou Registered

Look, I like what Gunn is trying to do, and I've gone on record saying that DC very badly needs a social media personality like Gunn to take control of the DC narrative because their past strategy of radio silence just hasn't worked. But, Gunn does need to...dial it back just a bit and start small. We dont need a 10 year strategy...yet. We need to get 3-4 solid DC hits off the ground and running and then pick up the ball from there.

We need a universally acclaimed classic Superman movie, we need to get Wonder Woman back on track with a banger 3rd film, we need a fresh new Batman movie that operates in Cavill and Gal's universe (keep Reeve's universe independent). You need those three films to come out back to back and they each need to be good and crowd pleasing and hits and THEN do a team up World's Finest/Trinity film that acts as a re-do of BvS. You get those four movies right, you got a solid DC universe going to springboard off of and then you can go crazy and make a 10 year plan with Flash (with a new actor), Green Lantern, Aquaman (keep Mamoa), Cyborg, Nightwing, Titans, Green Arrow/Black Canary, Blue Beetle sequels and build to a big Justice League movie in 2028 or something.

Batgirl0202 and mclay18 like this.
  22. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I dont really care about Gunn hyping the DC stuff. It's part of his job and why he was hired

23. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Black Adam played like Maui from Moana would of been fun.

24. MbJ Registered

The hierarchy has indeed changed.:o

25. flickchick85 Admin of Might

They ain’t doing Kingdom Come. :funny:

I would bet money that pic was chosen entirely because it features DC characters and fits the description of the post he made lol.