Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfortunately I understand from their perspective that they want to keep the surprises in place for the audience to witness on opening night. However this tight up could also backfire if the leaks bust open in spite of their best intentions to plug the leaks.

I have a hard time believing that Marvel was cool with allowing friends and family test screenings for the big big spoilery movies like Endgame in the past but I guess now they're not taking any chances.

I understand this from a capital-raising perspective. Companies need to milk every last penny from the IP/products they own, which only makes fiscal sense.

Having said that, the completist in me loves seeing all of Disney's IP consolidated onto one platform here in Canada - Disney+ and the Star brand. If they want to outsource to other platforms to maximize the bottom line I can live with that, but I really hope they don't start removing content from their own streaming service(s) in order to facilitate this.

I don't wanna have to subscribe to multiple services just to watch the same content I'm getting on D+ alone right now...

I understand this from a capital-raising perspective. Companies need to milk every last penny from the IP/products they own, which only makes fiscal sense.

Having said that, the completist in me loves seeing all of Disney's IP consolidated onto one platform here in Canada - Disney+ and the Star brand. If they want to outsource to other platforms to maximize the bottom line I can live with that, but I really hope they don't start removing content from their own streaming service(s) in order to facilitate this.

I don't wanna have to subscribe to multiple services just to watch the same content I'm getting on D+ alone right now...
Disney + would lose a big part of its appeal if they did that. They need to keep everything Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar and Disney Classics there even if they also sell them for use to other services.

Guys, pardon me for bringing up movies from the 1800s, but I just have to say, I rewatched this on HBO Max and I'm still buzzing:
8E2C17E3-5C3A-4D8E-A1B5-65795D09AD7C.jpeg

This movie was so much more fun than I remembered. Amazing how you can have four supervillains, so many subplots, feature Batman AND Robin and still not feel overstuffed. Not to mention, there was a real charm to Adam West that he brought to Batman that is definitely missing from the other live action iterations.

I say all that to say, still holds up for me all these years later. I'll even go on to say that the opening credits sequence is one of the best in a CBM ever.

I gotta watch Batman '66 again. I haven't seen it in full since I was a kid and back then I remember being utterly confused by how colorful it was since I was more used to the darker Batman from '89, Returns and BTAS at the time.

I gotta watch Batman '66 again. I haven't seen it in full since I was a kid and back then I remember being utterly confused by how colorful it was since I was more used to the darker Batman from '89, Returns and BTAS at the time.

Dude I'm on my sober life kick for a little while, but man, if you watched this movie high, I bet it would be a thousand times more enjoyable than it already is. Burt Ward, Frank Gorshin and Cesar Romero are so extra but the delivery of some of their lines are HILARIOUS.

Robin was like, "It happened at sea! See! C FOR CATWOMAN!"

I think it’s pretty cool that Ben, even after all the crap he’s put up with in the realm of CBMs and decisions that we’re out of his control, still wants to leave a lasting mark. Hope he’s found his peace to a point where he can deliver something really special, in whichever capacity.
Obviously cares about CBMs a lot if he's still trying after being burnt badly twice. Hope it works out for him.

Sigh, the fact that WB is going to try and do something with Authority is giving me nostalgia flashbacks to the old Wildstorm days. Like, for all that I am very much a boyscout fan of bronze age comics and the MCU, I actually did really like Wildstorm. The Ellis Authority run was good stuff, as was its Stormwatch precursor ( which IMO shouldn't really be treated as a separate thing ). Planetary was awesome. WildCATS was pretty dang good after Alan Moore took a turn at it. Basically everything involving Majestic is awesome, even his crossover stuff with DC which is a shock. Team Achilles was way better than its premise would make you expect. Hell, *Deathblow* of all people had a great solo series, if only for its hilarious hard left turn into "And now, In Nomine".

Sure, Wildstorm had a lot of grimdark crap, especially whenever Millar was writing, but it deserved to be its own thing.

Dude I'm on my sober life kick for a little while, but man, if you watched this movie high, I bet it would be a thousand times more enjoyable than it already is. Burt Ward, Frank Gorshin and Cesar Romero are so extra but the delivery of some of their lines are HILARIOUS.

Robin was like, "It happened at sea! See! C FOR CATWOMAN!"

I had never watched it until a couple years ago and them figuring it all out with the most random clues was the highlight of the whole thing for me. So absurd and hysterical.

On the topic of Black Adam, I got a few clips showing up in my Youtube feed, and so actually saw some of them. And, one stands out:

So. . . two questions:

1. Is it just me, or is that some *awful* SFX physics? Like, Adam tossing Hawkman in slow motion is giving me flashbacks to some of the BvS fights, vis a vis "Objects in motion don't work that way!" It just looks awful.

2. Does the movie *actually* give any justifications for why Black Adam suddenly pulls out enough superspeed to make this fight the non-fight that it is, versus the earlier city fight where Hawkman and Black Adam were more or less smashing each other on vaguely even terms? Like, did Black Adam have a power up between scenes or something?

Guys, pardon me for bringing up movies from the 1800s, but I just have to say, I rewatched this on HBO Max and I'm still buzzing:
View attachment 61918

This movie was so much more fun than I remembered. Amazing how you can have four supervillains, so many subplots, feature Batman AND Robin and still not feel overstuffed. Not to mention, there was a real charm to Adam West that he brought to Batman that is definitely missing from the other live action iterations.

I say all that to say, still holds up for me all these years later. I'll even go on to say that the opening credits sequence is one of the best in a CBM ever.

I remember the first time I had seen the film, it was fun, bright and oh so campy. As a child I enjoyed the heck out of it. Especially since I had watched the tv series almost regularly with my dad. My favorite villains were united together against Bats and Robin. An epic clash .

Just did a quick search and didn't realize that the Caped Crusader has had such a long career on screen!

I'd love to watch the old Adam West show, as well as the 1943 Batman serial and the 1949 Batman and Robin one, even though Wiki warns that the serials are very politically incorrect and definitely products of their time...

And since we're on the topic, I'd also love to watch the Kirk Alyn and George Reeves Superman serials too, as well as the Fleischer toons. I think some of the classic cartoons are available here in Canada on Prime but we don't get HBO Max yet in this country :csad:

And since we're on the topic, I'd also love to watch the Kirk Alyn and George Reeves Superman serials too, as well as the Fleischer toons. I think some of the classic cartoons are available here in Canada on Prime but we don't get HBO Max yet in this country :csad:

Ohh, the old Superman cartoons were, I believe, my first real exposure to superheroes (we had a bunch of them on tape for some reason)...loved those
My father-in-law-to-be has them on VHS as well, but who the hell has a VCR these days lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"