Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Warlock's problem is that there are limits to what you can do with gold bodypaint. The biggest mystery is why they chose that shot. He will look fine with some proper lighting.

Adam Warlock's problem is that there are limits to what you can do with gold bodypaint. The biggest mystery is why they chose that shot. He will look fine with some proper lighting.
You do remember this is a James Gunn movie, right? :hehe:

Guardians trailer looks cool. And I concur that "In the Meantime" was an inspired choice this time around...

I also love that Drax and Mantis have emerged as the MVPs of the Guardians franchise. One of the (many) things I appreciated about the Holiday Special was how subdued Quill was. I finally got around to watching Parks & Recreation last year and would have never believed that Pratt was capable of subtlety. In the Holiday Special it felt like he had just wandered on set in a narcotics haze...

Hopefully Warlock will be more majestic in the finished film. The character has such a rich history in the books, so I hope he sticks around after the franchise wraps up with the third installment.

Between this, Marvels, and Quantumania, it looks like I'll be trekking out to the theatre a few more times in 2023...

Yeah I think the shot of Warlock looks pretty BA
I'm excited

I like Smart Hulk but I didn't like that he never had any kind of rematch with Thanos. I guess undoing what he did and snapping everyone back into existence is good enough but it would have been cool to see him walk out with Tony, Steve and Thor to confront Thanos at the start of the battle.

Why would you want a rematch just so Hulk could get beaten up effortlessly by Thanos again? *cough*

Because, yes, that is absolutely what *should* happen in such a case. Hulk was out of his league against Thanos, and would remain so. Some problems can't be solved by punching, and some problems can't be solved by punching by *you*.

Why would you want a rematch just so Hulk could get beaten up effortlessly by Thanos again? *cough*

Because, yes, that is absolutely what *should* happen in such a case. Hulk was out of his league against Thanos, and would remain so. Some problems can't be solved by punching, and some problems can't be solved by punching by *you*.
Okay, but Cap and Tony both got their asses handed to them by Thanos in Infinity War and they each had a rematch with him in Endgame where the same thing more or less happened to them again. Sure, Steve summoned Mjolnir and Tony had the last laugh with the snap but they were both pretty much on the ropes again until the portals opened up. Literally everyone who was up against Thanos was out of their league except for Wanda, Carol and possibly Strange. All I'm saying is it would have been cool to see Hulk join Cap, Tony and Thor when they went to confront Thanos.

Okay, but Cap and Tony both got their asses handed to them by Thanos in Infinity War and they each had a rematch with him in Endgame where the same thing more or less happened to them again. Sure, Steve summoned Mjolnir and Tony had the last laugh with the snap but they were both pretty much on the ropes again until the portals opened up. Literally everyone who was up against Thanos was out of their league except for Wanda, Carol and possibly Strange. All I'm saying is it would have been cool to see Hulk join Cap, Tony and Thor when they went to confront Thanos.

It would have been nice to see Hulk land one good shot at Thanos in the final battle.

I still remember the disrespect with people dragging Hulk on social media. Had memes and tweets calling dude Muhammad Thanos and Thanos Mayweather. It wasn’t right. LOL.

It would have been nice to see Hulk land one good shot at Thanos in the final battle.

I still remember the disrespect with people dragging Hulk on social media. Had memes and tweets calling dude Muhammad Thanos and Thanos Mayweather. It wasn’t right. LOL.
I liked seeing Thanos with those hand to hand skills and durability but Hulk could have got in some big whacks in the end battle to help resolve that subplot. I would have preferred a mass team assault rather than so many 1 on 1s. For eg Scarlet Witch doing her thing at the same time as Carol and Hulk, and Thanos getting blasted simultaneously by Strange, Thor and Iron Man (and Vision like in AoU).

Hoping Warner Bros participates in all this trailer goodness we've been getting and gives us a Flash teaser finally. I'm so anxious to get a real look at this movie.

Guardians, Ant-Man, Indy - is that all of them? Just checking I didn't miss anything.

I'm feeling kind of nostalgic about how this time last year we were all swept up in the hype of NWH and how much of a huge holiday event movie it was. I feel kind of sad we dont have another one of those this year. I guess Avatar is this year's holiday event but i personally have no interest in seeing it.

NWH gives me the warm feelings that 99% of Christmas movies don’t. It was such a wonderful gift for moviegoers and MCU fans alike.

Gunn probably has the best taste in music of any director out there.
Yeah. Every time I watch a Scorsese or a Tarantino film. I can’t help but think how much better they would be if Jim Gunn instructed them on music.

What is his music taste? **** that came out in the 80’s? That’s pretty mainstream, isn’t it?

Cool pics, still looks standard MCU quality.
Really? Both of them are laughably bad adaptations of the source material. You want to see a good adaptation of Warlock, that is photo real?

Adam_Warlock.png

From the GOTG game that came out last year.

No idea why Gunn didn't go for something like this
FBeew2mVQAU1_hb.jpg

But I should've known that Adam would be filtered through Gunn's usual cheap, bad cosplay-esque aesthetic

Also, this exists in the same universe
4yo0ra.jpg

So much for "standard MCU aesthetic".

Warlock needed some CG enhancements at least. And High Evolutionary should've been mocap.

The Quantummania and GOTG V3 trailers don’t do anything for me, quite frankly.

I was more jazzed by the TF Beasts trailer. Looks like a soft reboot of the first one with better actors. And let’s face it, Anthony Ramos and Dominique Fishback are better thespians than LaBeouf and Fox. Let’s hope that continues the improvement Bumblebee began.

Last edited:
Yeah. Every time I watch a Scorsese or a Tarantino film. I can’t help but think how much better they would be if Jim Gunn instructed them on music.

What is his music taste? **** that came out in the 80’s? That’s pretty mainstream, isn’t it?

The best of any director! I wanna see Boogie Nights remade by Gunn with some proper music.

Easy y'all Deck can have his preferences, and I agree somewhat
I'd put Gunn over Scorsese, who uses Gimme Shelter in every damn movie like it's creative
Boogie Nights was a very specific time and place, so the music was guided by that, rather than being more thematic
Tarantino is definitely up there among the top tier music... pickers.. idk... but Gunn's no slouch at using good music

Really? Both of them are laughably bad adaptations of the source material. You want to see a good adaptation of Warlock, that is photo real?

It was a good game, but that Warlock looked f*ing terrible, I prefer what we saw in the trailer to that
Second Pic ain't bad though, but let's give it time for some digital touch-ups, hopefully he gets some glowy eyes

View attachment 60349

From the GOTG game that came out last year.

No idea why Gunn didn't go for something like this
View attachment 60350

But I should've known that Adam would be filtered through Gunn's usual cheap, bad cosplay-esque aesthetic

Also, this exists in the same universe
View attachment 60351

So much for "standard MCU aesthetic".

Warlock needed some CG enhancements at least. And High Evolutionary should've been mocap.

You can keep posting pics, but it looks standard MCU quality to me. Feel free to disagree, but posting pics isn't some kind of win button that is winning me over to your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"