Sequels Black Cat/Felicia Hardy Casting

QWoods

Sidekick
Reaction score
Who will don the suit?

My favorites have always been Scarlett Johansson and Amber Heard but Scar Jo but I doubt either of them will do it. So who will?

I'd wait 'til we get a little more information to really dive into fan casting but for the sake of it:

Teresa Palmer.

I think Skyler Samuels would really work for the look of the character, but Teresa Palmer's a more likely candidate and talented, so I'd be up for that. I'll give them both a vote, and one for Felicity Jones should they try to link it to the ASM films.

I'd love to see Felicity Jones get another shot at it.

(Especially now that she has a little more clout with her Oscar nom and starring in a Star Wars film.)

Love her! :hrt:

tumblr_ndu1zvyqKx1qznfkso5_r1_1280.jpg

Out of the list, Teresa Palmer is the best choice

Robbie would have been interesting, but she's obviously all 'Harley'd-up' now.

Dree Hemingway as Felecia.

Yvonne Strahovski as Silver.

Yvonne Strahovski as Silver.

Strahovski gets a lot of mention for CBM fan-casting. I've seen her suggested for Supergirl, Ms Marvel, Black Canary, and Emma Frost at various times.

Amber Heard
Teresa Palmer
Laura Vandervoort
Blake Lively
Diana Agron

These all work for me. :ilv:

I'd love to see Felicity Jones get another shot at it.

(Especially now that she has a little more clout with her Oscar nom and starring in a Star Wars film.)

Love her! :hrt:

tumblr_ndu1zvyqKx1qznfkso5_r1_1280.jpg

I love Felicity Jones and it sucks that she never got to be Black Cat or continue on as Felicia into "ASM3" or a spin-off film, but let's face it... this is the MCU Spider-Man now. Unless, they changed her hair color and started over with her, it ain't going to happen. Great actress ("Rogue One" and "A Monster Calls" were terrific) but I'd cast her as someone else in the MCU.

I love Felicity Jones and it sucks that she never got to be Black Cat or continue on as Felicia into "ASM3" or a spin-off film, but let's face it... this is the MCU Spider-Man now. Unless, they changed her hair color and started over with her, it ain't going to happen. Great actress ("Rogue One" and "A Monster Calls" were terrific) but I'd cast her as someone else in the MCU.

The Black Cat/Silver Sable spin off Sony is making isn't connected to the MCU. Same as Venom.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter though. Look at Ryan Reynolds. In his debut as Deadpool, he was wasted in one of the worst superhero films ever made and now seven years later, he's headlining a hugely successful, new and improved Deadpool franchise.

Also, Felicity's previous cameo was so minor, it's almost inconsequential.

Good point, but from the sounds of things with Pascal and company, they seem to not want to repeat anything they've done before. They wrote a 20-30 paged treatment regarding what worked and what didn't work. Now, yes, that was for Spider-Man, but does one think, part inconsequential or not, they would bring her back in a larger way for Black Cat? And I'm sure that treatment includes future villains, heroes and antiheroes? Yeah, they can pull a Deadpool and retcon everything done in "ASM2" and have Felicia start anew but what would be the point? To me, it works with Deadpool because X-Men rewrote its messy, confusing and inconsistent continuity and thus Deadpool is not what he was in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

With "ASM2" people don't want to be reminded of it and I think Sony looks at that as they don't want to bring back faces and actors they've used in the past either.

We also don't know if this idea will actually come into fruition. Same with "Venom." Sony can talk about greenlighting these movies but Marvel can easily say, "Hey, sorry, no... no deal."

With "ASM2" people don't want to be reminded of it and I think Sony looks at that as they don't want to bring back faces and actors they've used in the past either.
"People" being the very small few that even remember she was in it. Right now, the audience at large would at best know her as that girl from Star Wars.

It came out 3 years ago. It's still fresh in people's memories regardless if she was a bit part or not.

I like her but I think there are other characters she could be.

Meet-Jess-8.gif

It's like when people want J.K. Simmons to come back and reprise his J. Jonah Jameson, I just keep telling them it isn't going to happen, it's time to move on, he's in the DCEU as Commissioner Gordon now and I'd like to see a new actor play the role.

Let's focus on the future not on the past.

tumblr_n0jdaafWJz1qd8ezvo2_250.gif

]The Black Cat/Silver Sable spin off Sony is making isn't connected to the MCU. Same as Venom[/B].

Honestly, it doesn't really matter though. Look at Ryan Reynolds. In his debut as Deadpool, he was wasted in one of the worst superhero films ever made and now seven years later, he's headlining a hugely successful, new and improved Deadpool franchise.

Also, Felicity's previous cameo was so minor, it's almost inconsequential.
I get that its not directly connected to the MCU Spider-man, but, will the character still be connected to Spider-man in general? like will there be hints at this Back cat having had previous interacts with some version of Spider-man? I mean half the names on that list are over 30, so would this be set it some alternate timeline, where there is a much older Spider-man somewhere out there (even if we never see him on screen) or is this a completely separate version of the character who has no tie to Spider-man

I know nobody actually has this info yet, I am more asking hypothetically in terms of fan cast what your personally ideal scenario

Last edited:
It came out 3 years ago. It's still fresh in people's memories regardless if she was a bit part or not.
It did come out 3 years ago. The audience, not in the know, have Andrew and Emma far more fresh in their minds. For all I know they might foolishly think Homecoming is Garfield's prequel.

Just saying the regardless part matters. There's a world of difference from Ryan Reynolds and JK Simmons to Felicity Jones. One actor has been enough movies that you may recall his previous Deadpool performance and the other actor made JJJ iconic enough that, obviously, you want to differentiate him in the reboot with a different actor. That's not remotely the case with Felicity (I keep forgetting her name) Jones.
If not Black Cat, she certainly looks the most like a Betty Brant.

I know nobody actually has this info yet, I am more asking hypothetically in terms of fan cast what your personally ideal scenario
Older Spider-Man, I guess. In this supposed universe of spinoffs, from the POV of these spinoff characters, Parker never takes off his mask onscreen.
Maybe Venom has the maskless actor, idk.

I like her but I think there are other characters she could be.

Meet-Jess-8.gif

You think she could be Ron Swanson? I don't know, I'm not sure she has the moustache for it.

Assuming Spider-Man comes into it, I think the focus should be on the lead characters. Spider-Man can be young or old depending on how it best serves them and the story. I don't see an over thirty actress as a problem.

Hey, good to see we're back on topic again. I'd be down for Chloe-Moretz Grace as Black Cat. But I hope a deal can be made where she can be in the MCU too. These solo non-MCU movies are ****ing terrible ideas.

Amber Heard, Laura Vandervoort, Adrienne Palicki they all work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"