Black Friday

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by cheungcheung, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Darthphere

Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

What brand? Proscan? Coby? Sceptre?:o

2. bullets

bullets bang bang

My Black Friday / Red Thursday experience:

I got food some type of food poisoning Wednesday. I've had an upset stomach all week. I agreed to get two nooks for my girlfriend's kids since she had to work. There was no online deal for the and it was limited supply. I got to Walmart at 7pm Thursday and waited in line for two and half hours. I was third in line and there was nobody behind me the first hour. I was going to pick up some movies but didn't want to miss out on the nooks. I still picked up Brave and Madagascar 3 in the regular section before getting in line though ( for her kids).
    The whole time I was in line people would come up and ask what we were waiting for (mass confusion) and after that hour it filled up behind me. A fight actually broke out between women over some linen in another section:funny: I got both the nooks but the lines were still long as hell to get out of there.
    Madagascar 3 rang up for 24.99 , I had to debate with the woman it was on sale even after showing the ad. Another clerk came over and told her to adjust the price.

I stopped back at my house and the headed to best buy. It was about twelve but the line moved really fast. Once I got in it took me awhile to find Walking Dead season one on blu ray. Someone left a copy in a different location. I was about of there before one thirty with season one and two on blu ray and The Lucky One for 3.99 ( gift for my gf).

I was miserable the whole time and I'm glad it's over. At least I got everything we needed though.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  3. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

lol nah, I got a Samsung.

4. Darthphere

Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Not bad.

5. Hotwire

Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

Didn't do too much. Was drug to Five Below by my wife for stocking stuffers. I had to run to Walmart for a couple things and managed to score and LG DVD/BluRay player for $38.00.

6. The Squirrel

The Squirrel Le Rongeur

I stayed home.

7. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

I got a good price on a combo purchase of Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson and the first omnibus on Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion sequence, The Eternal Champion. Pretty decent. I heard from my waitress at IHOP that there were about 4 fights at the local Walmart near those wrapped up deals they set out in the aisles. Later--about 9 AM--I stopped at Target and saw an ambulance parked in the firelane, sirens and lights going. :wow:

8. I'm Old Greg

I'm Old Greg do you love me?

Goodjob 99% while youre all wasting Money all on crap during odd hours throughout the night and day people can rob your houses.

9. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

Saw this on imgur, holy crap.

[​IMG]

10. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

Same here. Stuffed myself silly with food and watched Home Alone.

Much better way to spend Thanksgiving, instead of waiting in line in the freezing cold and getting trampled by a million people.

Edit: Yikes Kane. That pic is crazy. I could never stand in a line like that.

None of the deals this year really seemed that interesting. The DVD sales at Wal*Mart were mostly on TV Shows I don't watch, and a bunch of crappy movies. (Giving someone Green Lantern or Jonah Hex for Christmas is about the same as giving them a lump of coal)

11. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

Oh, for the love of God... there's no harm going during the middle of the day, people. :o

12. cheungcheung

cheungcheung Well-Known Member

I got two copies of brave blu ray for $8.96 at wal mart too in the regular section. Great deal. I used the Walmart app to scan and verify the price since it wasn't marked but was in the ad.

13. bullets

bullets bang bang

This is what it looked like outside Toys R Us.

14. bullets

bullets bang bang

I went back to Walmart today and saw a few copies left. I bet most people don't even think of it. Just like checking out at the Jewelry counter. I've avoided some long lines doing that before.

15. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

I did a Black Friday double-feature today: I saw Wreck-It Ralph and Rise of the Guardians...after getting up around 10 this morning, since there is no way in hell I partake in Black Friday early-morning shopping. I went over to the mall between movies to get something to eat, which was around late afternoon, and the place was still mobbed and most of the stores looked like bombs had gone off in them.

I wound up getting an Avengers blanket and a Hulk car for my nephew at Target. I think I saved about $5. :oldrazz:

16. cheungcheung

cheungcheung Well-Known Member

That's what it looked like outside Walmart too.

I hate MA laws. Wish Walmart would open here at 8pm like the rest of the country (vs. 1AM)

17. bullets

bullets bang bang

I used to live in MA three years ago. Now I know why all my friends back home were talking about going in the morning.

:funny: That's the best way to describe it. I saw stuff piled everywhere.

18. chaseter

chaseter Esteemed Member

It's not worth it to save just a little money. You usually end up buying crap you didn't need anyways.

19. danoyse

danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

I did most of my shopping online already. Got some great deals, and never had to leave the house. :up:

It's this strange mentality of people thinking that this stuff will never be on sale again that just leaves me shaking my head over this whole Black Friday thing.

20. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

We already had the mindset to buy a HDTV for one of the rooms months ago, so we just waited for Black Friday or Cyber Monday to see if there's a good deal, luckily we did and I didn't have to wait until midnight and wait in a stupid line.

21. BattleCat

BattleCat Well-Known Member

Sadly, I didn't get to buy anything, I had to slave all day at Amazon for 12 hours.... I hate that job.

22. GENERAL RAAM582

GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

This year I got NFS:MW and MoH:WF for $30 each and Dishonored and GR:FS for $25 each. I also got four 32GB Flash Drives for $10 each.

23. bullets

bullets bang bang

I usually stock up on movies , but I've learned once the price goes down it's now long before it goes on sale again.

24. Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

I had no reason to buy anything today, except some comics. :woot:

25. KevanG

KevanG Pragmatic Villain

I got two gifts for my nephew for X-mas and his B-day (dec 12), Max Payne 3 and LA Noire for $20 each and some lunch. That was my big adventure.

Wandered around the mall for a few hours, not too packed, went around 10am, didn't want a tv or xbox or anything so I wasn't in a rush. One guy got into a yelling match with a toys r us employee because he was apparently following her for a little while and never said anything and she got creeped out.

Also had to cancel an order on amazon I placed on 10/22 as it was supposed to be shipped on 11/6 at the latest and still no updates and no responses to my emails. Managed to find another copy of the present for my best friend at a decent price. Some of these dvd sets are a ***** to find after a few years. I could only find two copies that were region 1 and I searched dozens of websites. All I found was sold out, no restock date, ect.

But all in all I'm just missing two people to finish my christmas shopping so it wasn't a bad day.