Black Lightning Black Lightning General Discussion

My interest in most of the CW shows has dropped quite a bit over the last couple seasons.
I thought this show looked good but I wasn’t expecting to love it.

I’m hooked after just the first episode :funny:

Without a doubt my new favorite of the CW lineup.
It really doesn’t even feel like a CW show. It feels like much more.

[YT]Pvl7aA3vDZs[/YT]

[YT]9igwLqzLTp0[/YT]

[YT]NHNec59uAzE[/YT]

[YT]suuqoXDMKS0[/YT]

I could see some version of The Outsiders eventually, but I doubt it on Static as there would be a lot of rights issues to work through. Even if they could do it I'm personally not interested in seeing Static on here. Would rather see him in his movie or tv show.

As for the show itself...it was a decent enough pilot. As I've said before in this thread I hope he will face some supervillains on here eventually. Not interested in seeing nothing but non powered gangsters as antagonists. Also his co-worker (vice-principal?) alone is enough to make me come back for another episode...:ilv: :sly:
I'm with you about his coworker. :mnm:

Greg Berlanti Opens Up About Andrew Kreisberg: ‘I Was Shocked, I Was Disappointed, I Was Confused’ (EXCLUSIVE)

You’ve got a few new shows you’re about to roll out, including “Black Lightning,” which premieres tonight. Why did you want to add this to your lineup of superhero shows?

From the beginning, Mara and Salim [Akil] had an incredibly specific vision about what they wanted this to be and feel and look like, and I really felt like it was our job in this process to just give them all the tools that are based on our experience so they had as much knowledge as they could. It’s been much more I think the technical aspect of it like stunts and DPs and production design and when do you need a suit done by so you can air it in time. Our role has been more informational and supportive that way, and it’s been incredibly rewarding because it’s helping them in a different capacity.

It’s going exist outside of the Arrowverse, correct?

Yes. As far as I know everyone’s always wanted that. Salim wants that. And the studio and the network want that. They’re very different tonal shows. As people watch them. I’m not sure they could sort of ever quite imagine yet how we would be able to ever connect those things. It’s always existed outside.

I liked the opening episode... had a few little issues, but all pilots have little issues.

Christine Adams (Lynn Pierce) was the Wayne Enterprises secretary in Batman Begins and Agent Weaver on Marvel's Agent's Of Shield.

I think he is no longer with us unfortunatly

Tony's still around. Here he is with the Black Lightning cast and the showrunners.

Blac_Light_Cast.jpg

At least he plausibly explains it, but you'd think any type of electric current would be injuring him slowly.

I mean, he did get some obvious burns on his chest.

Wasn't even that deep of a burn, since his undershirt was relatively fine.

I could see some version of The Outsiders eventually, but I doubt it on Static as there would be a lot of rights issues to work through. Even if they could do it I'm personally not interested in seeing Static on here. Would rather see him in his movie or tv show.

As for the show itself...it was a decent enough pilot. As I've said before in this thread I hope he will face some supervillains on here eventually. Not interested in seeing nothing but non powered gangsters as antagonists. Also his co-worker (vice-principal?) alone is enough to make me come back for another episode...:ilv: :sly:

I frelling loved the pilot. It was sort of a cross between Lean on Me and something else I can't remember right now (hey, it's late), but, in my defense, I remembered the something else when I was watching BL.

I don't think they necessarily need to bring in supervillains. Daredevil, Civil War, and others have shown that you can have compelling stories without super powered villains. That being said, I think BL is going up the food chain and who knows who is at the top of it.

I suspect you'll get your wish.

Uh....yeah....I would say there are some "fairly" attractive people on the show. What else is new? :ilv: seems to be somewhat of an appropriate response.

So has there been any thoughts on what "other cities have heroes that aren't labelled as vigilantes" As Roland Martin stated in the news report?

If BL is in it's own universe, what other heroes could they use? Do they have there own version of metropolis that has Superman? A Central City that has another version of Barry? Maybe some Milestone characters?

So has there been any thoughts on what "other cities have heroes that aren't labelled as vigilantes" As Roland Martin stated in the news report?

If BL is in it's own universe, what other heroes could they use? Do they have there own version of metropolis that has Superman? A Central City that has another version of Barry? Maybe some Milestone characters?

Not likely.

I enjoyed the pilot. I love that it feels like a gritty social drama, but also elements of family plus of course being a superhero setting.

I hope they stick with a 13-16 episode season like LoT. I don't want filler episodes like you get with a 23 episode ARROW season.

I hope it at least includes removing that light-up feature his current one has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"